lee_gundry

job diary
« on: July 29, 2004, 10:39:05 pm »
has anyone got a electronic type if diary they use for entering their work schedule in.i currently use a A4 diary but getting a littel sick of them.

Lee G
cumbria

Mark Betts

Re: jod diary
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 11:34:27 pm »
Lee

I used one at the beginning of the year but soon got fed up with it.

At the end of the day you could down load it onto the pc, it integreated with Outlook and synchonised any appointments (well most of the time)

Went back to normal diary after about a month.

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 12:26:11 am »
Lee

As we are mostly one man bands I’m with Mark here, it’s quicker to look a dairy than a PDA system when on site, but I do load data from dairy to computer to build the data base.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dave Parry

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 01:16:23 am »
I have one, but like most got fed up with it. Fiddly and can be difficult to read in any sunlight. Also if colour screen, batteries tend to expire fairly quickly. with mine can also download maps, but again difficult to read.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Dennis

Re: job diary
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 02:38:52 pm »

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 09:40:56 pm »
Put appointment s into Outlook Express on PC and download to Sony Ericsson T610.
All dates/times and reminders of appointments right in phone i always have in pocket at all times ;D

Michel Roberts

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 11:31:58 pm »
I use a psion revo and have done for the past two years. They don't make them any more, by modern standards they are now quite primative. I just spent £70.00 on a new battery when I could have got a new palm or pocket Pc machine for about £120. The reason I did it was because it does everything I want diary,contacts ect and is simple to operate. If I had brought a new one I would have had all the hassel of learning new software. Having said that I think Len's system sounds really great. How do you do it Len which Pda do you use and what software ect for database.

Michel

Michel Roberts

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 11:35:20 pm »
Most important of all I forgot to meantion that my customer's really seam to be impressed particuarly the younger ones. It seams to help with credability.

Michel

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2004, 12:25:35 am »
Michel

No longer have the PDA system gave it to wife so she can navigate to Bluewater and other shopping centres.

Data base I use is act v6 have been looking at a system from the states bit expensive, but as I said it’s dairy to computer and probably will be in the future as I take all calls quick glance on page don’t need to press god knows how many keys , any software crackers out there?

Bit surprised Psion revo batteries cost that much as I have a series 3 and it takes I think a4 batteries and there rechargeable not that I use it any more, any way if you want spell checker& thesaurus plus personal accounts & expenses let me know give me time to find it haven’t seen it since 97 good bit of kit, buy the way it’s based on dos works on windows 98 not sure if combatable with later versions of windows, nearly forgot spreadsheet is lotus

What ever happened to the paperless office and more quality time?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

adl

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2004, 09:17:28 pm »
Cant beat a page a day diary, and a good bottle of tipex for changes

Dennis

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004, 12:30:29 pm »
or a pencil with a rubber (eraser for you Yanks)  ;)  on the end  ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2004, 02:05:01 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm stll a paper man!, but the pages are already falling out and its only 1st August.

Cheers,

Doug

Dynafoam

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2004, 05:41:45 pm »
I'm  a belt & braces type - I keep a desk diary in which I  jot down messages from the phone/answering machine, then note job details and appointment time when arranged, against the original entry.

I then enter the details on the appointments database.

In the event of computer failure I have the paper record as a back-up.

John.

Shorty

Re: job diary New
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2004, 02:23:38 pm »
I carry a notebook, (Toshiba Satellite & Canon printer), with me for reports and invoices.

I also have a A4, day to a page diary, sometimes three diaries in a year, (not as good as they used to be).

Like Tony, most entries are in pencil, so that I can re-arrange work, (defense housing is notorious for changing uplifts).

Notebook entries will never replace the diary, for me anyhow, but with a portable bubble jet printer and an inverter fitted to the vehicle, I can do all my paperwork on site, with no fear of flat batteries.

Apart from that, when I get home and download to my pc, I can still read everything.

I take the notebook with me when I travel to seminars, but I will only take a palm held when I go stateside later this year.

Cheers,

Shorty.
Shorty.

The short, round, mound of sound, from up top, down under.