cleanability

Reminder Cards........They Work!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 08, 2004, 12:31:10 am »
Started sending out reminder cards to previous customers. Amazing how much work I'm getting back. You can send out 50 cards for £10.50 and I 'm getting work from previous customers but also getting work by word of mouth generated solely by the cards. As has been said before, you can do the most fantastic job and the customer thinks you're the best thing since sliced bread. But people still forget about you. Thought I'd share this with you.

Chris

Ps     been giving out fridge magnets for a while. Customers think they are great. Some are quite taken aback that I'm actually giving them something.

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Reminder Cards........They Work!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 01:59:48 am »
Reminder cards are a quick and good way of repeating business to past clients, I use newsletters they take longer to write, more expensive to print and have labelled and enveloped but response is even better as you get more response from an opened letter, you can fit more info in and clients keep it longer. I've seen ones back from 10 years ago.

Shaun

david_green

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 03:08:05 pm »
What do your reminder cards say?

Thanks!

cleanability

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 04:03:13 pm »
My cards say " you last used our services on ???"       then a little bit about how its best to have a regular clean ( maybe once a year) rather than waiting longer and  having permanent stains and dirty busy traffic areas.    Not done this before so at the mo working my way through my database starting from about 15months ago and working back. Had another call just now from a reminder card. It's a must if you want to keep your old customers.

Chris

woodman

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 05:22:24 pm »
Yes reminder cards certainly do work

Newsletters are a very good way of keeping customers informed and aware even if they are not at present in need of your services.

How many do you send out a month, Shaun?

cleanability

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 06:10:57 pm »
Could you explain this newsletter thing?   How often do you send these and whats on them?

Chris

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 06:52:18 pm »
Had some great reminder cards printed by VistaPrint.
Postcard with photo of van on front and text on rear.
Easy to address and send. Sent 150 out 6 weeks ago and have done 17 jobs with 8 more already booked ;D

Dennis

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 08:29:07 pm »
Could you explain this newsletter thing?   How often do you send these and whats on them?

Chris

I've got a Microsoft template for a 6 page newsletter with hints and tips on how to use it, in MS Word. If you want a copy I'll e-mail it.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 10:38:56 pm »
Newsletters every 3-4 months I send a staggard amount of 3000 every time with 30 day cut off dates and keeps me in work all year.

Shaun

cleanability

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 11:13:59 pm »
Thanks Dennis. Would like your newsletter template. my email address is   mrmensan@hotmail.com

Thanks

Chris

gwrightson

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2004, 09:10:01 am »
maybe i am a little slow on catching on :-/
and obviously reminder cards work looking at the replys
but wouldnt it be easier to make a phone call
once a year , reminding your customer of your services
and that idealy , there carpets are ready for a clean ,or maybe the carpets you didnt do last year should be cleaned ,
i know i am still in my first year, but am feeling confident
with all the assistance i have had given here and other
rescources
but i have all the phone numbers  ready for ringing when the time arises ,surly would be easier? >:(
maybe and has got to be just as cheap
and even less time consuming
or am i completly wrong with this stratergy,
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

jmj

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 10:27:29 am »
geoff
I used to make call  backs to previous customers, received an ok response, also it's good to hear positive feedback from your customers.Altough one elder lady told me that she wouldn't ever use me again as i left her carpets soaking wet. this then leaves you in an awkard postion, obviously she was wrong but how do you tell het that.I think post cards or newsletters are the way to go, firstly they remind the customer that it was you that cleaned their carpet,just in case they lost your number.Lots of customers tell me that they hoped it was me that cleaned there carpets last time as i did a good job but they lost my number, how many think the same but end up ringing someone else by mistake.
I've not tried postcards/newsletters yet but i'm in the process of getting ready, any pointers in the right direction would be great.
joe

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2004, 11:08:33 am »
after i have cleaned for a customer, i ask them if
they would object to me phoning them the next year
fortunatly none have objected so far "well those i have asked" their r those i would not ask again for various reasons
so when they say yes please do, i run a highlight pen through thier number in my diary
then its just a case of looking back and seeing the highlighted numbers .
ive had the go ahead to phone, your reminding them when you phone , who you are and what you did for them "all the details next to number" and i am keeping intouch personaly, even if they dont require me at that time .
so another is it ok to ring in few months time, should give a positive answer
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Jim_Lynch

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2004, 11:21:20 am »
Many people, me included, don't like to be put on the spot and pressured by a phone call to make an immediate decision.

The advantage of a reminder card is that there is no pressure for an immediate decision, it can be discussed with a spouse, and given due consideration.

It can be placed on the fridge under your magnet as a reminder.

A far better response rate than telephoning.

Jim
Jim Lynch
ChemDry Supreme
Brisbane,Queensland
AUSTRALIA

gwrightson

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2004, 11:36:57 am »
Jim i take your point about been pressured
but i see it more of a curtisiy call, no pressure, no hard sell, just a gentle nudge :)
i might be completly wrong who knows?
but im sure the veiws aired here could influence my
approach
i always willing to listen ,and learn
geoff

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2004, 01:58:54 pm »
The response i had to my postcards was BRILLIANT :o
Phone calls always come at the WRONG moment but cards can be read at a convenient time ;D
Postcards can be read by any person along the way and by new tenants/owners at the property ::)
Take a look at Vistaprint, where i designed mine on line within 15 minutes. I used pictures from my pc and added text to suit
http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/frfuk?frf=114226692003

Dennis

;D ;Re: Reminder Cards........They Work!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2004, 03:21:01 pm »
......and earn Vistacash from the link!  ;D ;) ;D

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2004, 03:34:31 pm »
AAAAAAAH but new customers also get 25% discount on first order if they do through the link  ;D
1st time i have had a refer a friend link number so not quite sure what benefit i get ???

woodman

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2004, 04:37:45 pm »
Shaun sounds like a great system you have,

I am looking at ways to change what I do as sending out 1500 letters at a time is too time consuming.

Do you use a franking machine and do you make them up yourself or out source it ;)

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2004, 11:16:57 am »
Don't forget to send out Christmas cards to all your customers with a £10 off voucher for the coming year.

Christmas cards are the best reminder cards of all and the customer will hang on to the voucher because it is worth money.
Its amazing but people will actually spend £100 or more to cash in a £10 voucher.

Fridge magnets are a good idea I hadn't thought of. Having some sticky labels printed to give out to your customers "for emergencies" is a good idea. They can stick them in their address books and then they see it every time they open the book.