mjm

Re: Uni valve problem
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 05:13:28 pm »
https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/f827dde2dee1cc751c230f286c81cf98/p/u/pushfit_valve_8mm_gardiner_800.jpg

its here 8mmm push fit i use 6mm and it still works fine doesnt slip out
I had three of them when they first came out. Then I had a newer version.  Found using them to be awkward and went with Gardiners tap you hold in your hand, wasn't easy to get use to using to begin with but so much easier once I did get familiar with using it. 
Wouldn't go back to univalve if they were giving them away free, not now.  Reflecting back on using them they were more difficult than simply using a tap which has more control and simpler to turn on and off without having to raise the pole or lowering your arm to reach the pole hose each time.
How do you use that? Do you have it trailing on the ground or fixed to the pole? The thing with that which puts me off it where to mount it. I had them before years ago and found them awkward as you don’t know how much hose to have behind or in front and with it being outside the pole, the hose in front needs to be enough to have the pole fully extended which results in a huge loop that gets in the way.

I fit it to my hosereel as in the photo attached. Holding the hose with the tap just in front of my hand I know exactly where to reach it by feel without looking as it is always in the same spot as I simply connect any pole hose from any pole using a non return valve which is fitted to each of my poles so I'm not having to wait for water to travel up the pole each time I swap poles.

What is the non return valve..Can’t say I’ve seen them before, always interested to see how other people set up their systems.