nathankaye

Re: Initial reactions/thoughts
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 02:46:11 am »

In addition, i am used to heavier brushes n pole which I used everyday, all day.

You said you only worked a few hours ? Now its all day.. ok.

Ive always said its a days work mate,    its just not a days worth of using wfp
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 07:05:25 am »
I guess you didn’t get the memo to stay away from the national parks for the time being, especially the Lake District due to the extremely high rate of infection still.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 10:06:48 am »
I guess you didn’t get the memo to stay away from the national parks for the time being, especially the Lake District due to the extremely high rate of infection still.

😏😏😏
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

p1w1

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 12:26:30 pm »
Have you got a link

CleanClear

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2020, 01:04:43 pm »
Have you got a link

Got two:

https://twitter.com/SouthLakesPol/status/1259607891025281025

https://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/coronavirus
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 01:14:24 pm »
Its a shame not every body uses twitter.... ;D ;D
In addituin the websites git updated on 21st this month.  When i checked about where to go for a day out, the national parks were open provided that social distancing was adhered to and that public toilets were closed.  Hence with having a 3yr old I took the camper loo!   Haha its not like I take my camping gear every time we go out for a day out  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Mike Burd

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 01:58:05 pm »
You’re out of date. We’re allowed to drive anywhere for exercise if we choose. It’s a right. Whatever we may think about the wisdom.

deeege

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2020, 02:29:52 pm »
You’re out of date. We’re allowed to drive anywhere for exercise if we choose. It’s a right. Whatever we may think about the wisdom.

Yes we’re allowed to, but it’s not the right thing to do, unless you have half a brain anyway. The Lake District official tourist channels have issued many pleas since the restrictions were lifted, all over social media and the press for people to stay away for the time being, not really difficult is it.

I’m itching to get up into the lakes again but right now it’s not really the right thing to do especially considering the high rate of infection currently in Cumbria.

The Peak District seems like they are welcoming visitors so I’ll head there for my outdoors fix for the time being.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Mike Burd

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2020, 02:43:22 pm »

Yes we’re allowed to, but it’s not the right thing to do, unless you have half a brain anyway. The Lake District official tourist channels have issued many pleas since the restrictions were lifted, all over social media and the press for people to stay away for the time being, not really difficult is it.

I’m itching to get up into the lakes again but right now it’s not really the right thing to do especially considering the high rate of infection currently in Cumbria.

The Peak District seems like they are welcoming visitors so I’ll head there for my outdoors fix for the time being.
And I read earlier that Kinder Scout is the best mountain in Britain. I’d argue though that it’s unwise to go there at the moment though as I assume it will be busy.

CleanClear

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2020, 02:52:49 pm »

;D ;D
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8347157/Police-chief-tells-tourists-Peak-District-stay-away-beauty-spots-plagued-cars.html

deeege

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2020, 02:58:33 pm »

And I read earlier that Kinder Scout is the best mountain in Britain. I’d argue though that it’s unwise to go there at the moment though as I assume it will be busy.

Supposed to be doing Kinder Scout next Friday, but that’s subject to change. Looking at Luds Church walk tomorrow, will be there and walking by 7:30am so will be out and back before anywhere gets busy.

I know loads of areas in the lakes where i could park, walk and be back in the car without seeing a single person all day, it just doesn’t feel right whilst it has the highest infection rates in the country.

Then you have Nathan driving his family 6 hours round trip, straight past two other national parks on the way, to have a picnic at Coniston. Strange world we live in. 😂

Mike Burd

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2020, 03:25:54 pm »

Supposed to be doing Kinder Scout next Friday, but that’s subject to change. Looking at Luds Church walk tomorrow, will be there and walking by 7:30am so will be out and back before anywhere gets busy.

I know loads of areas in the lakes where i could park, walk and be back in the car without seeing a single person all day, it just doesn’t feel right whilst it has the highest infection rates in the country.

Then you have Nathan driving his family 6 hours round trip, straight past two other national parks on the way, to have a picnic at Coniston. Strange world we live in. 😂
Is that a fact about the highest infection rate? Sounds unlikely but I wouldn’t know. You know the area better than I do, but I know when we’ve walked in the Hard Knot (Eskdale?) area it was quiet.

The weekend before the lockdown in my area we met my daughter for a socially distanced walk along the Ridgeway and the car park was rammed. Never seen more that 10 or so cars there before so what the Lakes must have been like that weekend I dread to think.

deeege

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2020, 03:30:11 pm »

Is that a fact about the highest infection rate? Sounds unlikely but I wouldn’t know. You know the area better than I do, but I know when we’ve walked in the Hard Knot (Eskdale?) area it was quiet.

The weekend before the lockdown in my area we met my daughter for a socially distanced walk along the Ridgeway and the car park was rammed. Never seen more that 10 or so cars there before so what the Lakes must have been like that weekend I dread to think.

I was in the lakes myself the weekend before the lockdown 13-15 March. Wasn’t feeling great and the fells were covered in clag so we just did circular walk of Crummock water and Derwentwater on the Saturday and Sunday. Derwentwater was predictably busy but we didn’t pass a single person around Crummock water. We stayed in Keswick and although it was reasonable quiet, probably due to the weather.

Clean clear put a pic above showing the infection rates in the Lake District above. It’s one of, if not the most affected areas at the moment, which isn’t helped by the fact they have very few hospital beds per capita.

p1w1

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2020, 03:47:30 pm »

;D ;D
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8347157/Police-chief-tells-tourists-Peak-District-stay-away-beauty-spots-plagued-cars.html

Guess it wouldn't be the right thing to do going there then, well unless you have half a brain anyway  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2020, 03:55:20 pm »
Mate,  does it matter how many national parks I drive to.  Ideally i would have drove over 8 hrs round trip to go where I would truly liked to have, but sadly scotland is still on lock down, along with wales.
So it was this beauty spot I picked so we could enjoy a day out, paddling or getting the inflatable boat out on the lake.  Either way, guess what, my family really enjoyed it and we broke no laws, no social protocols in doing so.  Unlike when i do my weekly shop at asda where I do come into wayyyyyy more contact with people who dont seem to mind standing right next to you to grab something of the shelve 😡😏
Stop sucking on lemons and trying to find things  to moan about.     
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2020, 04:08:41 pm »

;D ;D

Guess it wouldn't be the right thing to do going there then, well unless you have half a brain anyway  ;D

I wouldn’t take what’s printed in the daily mail as seriously as what the local tourist boards say tbh.

deeege

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2020, 04:29:28 pm »
Mate,  does it matter how many national parks I drive to.  Ideally i would have drove over 8 hrs round trip to go where I would truly liked to have, but sadly scotland is still on lock down, along with wales.
So it was this beauty spot I picked so we could enjoy a day out, paddling or getting the inflatable boat out on the lake.  Either way, guess what, my family really enjoyed it and we broke no laws, no social protocols in doing so.  Unlike when i do my weekly shop at asda where I do come into wayyyyyy more contact with people who dont seem to mind standing right next to you to grab something of the shelve 😡😏
Stop sucking on lemons and trying to find things  to moan about.   

Like I said mate, if you’re happy driving 3 hours to a national park that has specifically asked for visitors to stay away for the time being, you crack on. I personally think that’s mental but each to their own.

CleanClear

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2020, 04:50:07 pm »
Applied for yer grant yet?

Maybe Carers allowance has come though ?

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2020, 04:50:32 pm »
Have I got this right.?
You sold work off, your van, ro and wfp equipment just keeping some trad stuff.
Now have just bought /replaced  a wfp and trolley etc.  that you've only just sold and have to beg water off a mate.?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2020, 06:06:20 pm »
Have I got this right.?
You sold work off, your van, ro and wfp equipment just keeping some trad stuff.
Now have just bought /replaced  a wfp and trolley etc.  that you've only just sold and have to beg water off a mate.?

TBK... Does it raise concerns about the decision making process going on here?
It's a game of three halves!