5 (31.3%)
Or just right  or to cheap ?
68.8%
11 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

dazmond

Re: Think is a guy going round under cutting
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2020, 01:26:21 pm »
So been told by 2 customers today have got a new window cleaner now as found someone cheaper. Is what it is. Wouldn’t tell me how much the price was as i asked both said just cheaper.

So this is one of the houses.

I charge £14 front and back for every month

2 monthly the other one was same sort of house £16

Would you say this pricing is to expensive?

I have always thought my pricing was fair and about right but if im wrong i would love to know.

This is without the skylight aswell, as she has never wanted them done for some reason lol.

Based in Kent (Rochester)

stick to your prices.......this sort of thing happens to all of us from time to time......although its very rare for me....

i had a customer in the past jump ship because another window cleaner charged £3 less than me(£7 instead of £10)i also lost a job once because he was £15 cheaper(i charged £40,he £25).....

these are the only 2 i can remember over the last 10 years that i have lost due to price......but ive also picked up work where im much more expensive...a few years ago i picked up a job and i was £40 more expensive than the last guy(who i know by the way)...my price is £65 and he was charging £25...im still cleaning this account 2 years on.....so its swings and roundabouts...
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 02:06:29 pm »
Price is not only what people are looking for I’ve had them say to me he was a lot cheaper than you but it’s not all about price is it,they want reliability and know they can trust you end of.
The ones that are all about price I don’t want to deal with really.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2020, 07:08:17 pm »
 upward and onwards never question  yourself and what they are worth... it's what They are worth to you my man... As that's what counts,,, always someone dearer and cheaper, you win and lose usually in equal amount and as you go on through the years the beter price ones cancel out the cheap ones,, I'm sure the older ones will agree here,,, lol watch Robert duval, and Sean Penn about the bulls  story in... The film colours  that's my theory lol 😉,,

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2020, 07:18:38 pm »
I guess it very much depends on the area but I'd probably charge about £8-10 for this though I'm in the West Midlands. 

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 09:25:40 pm »
I would guess you are cheap for Kent? I would be £10/£12 but im up north and wouldn't be surprised to see cleaners doing them for 7 or 8 quid.

I don't care about under cutters, I just laugh at people working their ass off for peanuts. Good for them I will find another, loads of work out there.