nathankaye

Initial reactions/thoughts
« on: May 21, 2020, 04:15:36 pm »
As you know from my other posts, it didnt take me long to sort out another trolley and pole for the upstairs windows.
So i didnt want to spend too much money as it will only be used for one day out the month. Therefore I opted for
 CLX 22
14inch ultimate stiff brush
4 fan jets
Light green ultimate flex 15m hose
Back pack

So I opted for the  bright yellow back pack as it will be easier to fit into the boot and I can just carry it to the house as and when it is needed.

My initial thoughts as they have just been delivered and unpacked are this;

I am not liking the hose, its quite stiff and holds its shape ie wrapping up. Guess I need to run hot water through it to unravel and prevent it curling back up the same.   I  had no such issues with the rhino hose (wish i had spare of that but used it all in last couple of years).

The pole.   
My last hybrid pole was the phoenix 25 and I hardly used it as I had the carbon slx pole.  Another reason was because the pole had quite a bit of flex in it.    However the clx range gets high praise and a mate (who im taking water from) really likes his clx pole as well.  I can understand why, as it seems a great pole, especially for the price of it.  Fully extended and it seems to hold its length nicely. Sure there is a little flex in it but absolutely no where near the flexibility of my phoenix pole I had.
I also like the shortened collapsed length of the pole.  I also expected it to be heavy in comparison to the carbon pole I used everyday (slx 25 with 2 extensions on).  Yet and this is just the pole, no brush. It feels quite heavy compared to the phoenix 25 and probably same weight as my carbon that I used.  All said though, it looks and feels a great pole for what I need it for.

The brush, yep its lighter than my brick I used before and the bristles do feel quite stiff as well. A feature that I like.  I could be wrong about my other brush then! 
The four fan jets will have to wait until im using the brush for the day to get a true feeling for.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

Re: Initial reactions/thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 04:24:16 pm »
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 04:43:42 pm »
Applied for yer grant yet?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 05:07:14 pm »
You will be buying a van mount and canvassing again by next month ;D

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 06:00:41 pm »
 ;D ;D  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 06:06:36 pm »
I know your circumstances are difficult but you're just pi**balling about Nathan. You need a van mount & do what you can part time.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 06:07:34 pm »
And drop any texters, then they won't now if you're coming or not so if you get called home it's no great shakes.

TomCrowther

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 06:10:07 pm »
Only the four jets?

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 06:43:23 pm »
i think your bonkers nathan...... ;D

ive got that 35cm ultimate brush in your photo and its great for a big artwork clean i do every 2 months on a main road and a few larger commercial jobs but to use it as your everyday brush with the CLX?.........itll bend like a banana when cleaning awkward windows over connys/extensions causing unnecessary strain on both yourself and the pole.....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 06:46:28 pm »
Just when I think I’m out they draaaaaaaaaggggggg me back in 🤣🤣🤣🤣,that’s window cleaning and WFP especially once you’ve stopped you realise there’s nothing else you want to do really.
I don’t know why you packed up anyway you can earn someone’s weekly wage in less than a day colouring in glass Nathan.

CleanClear

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 07:18:00 pm »

ive got that 35cm ultimate brush in your photo and its great for a big artwork clean i do every 2 months on a main road and a few larger commercial jobs but to use it as your everyday brush with the CLX?.........itll bend like a banana when cleaning awkward windows over connys/extensions causing unnecessary strain on both yourself and the pole.....

Wow !! Somehow, i totally agree. He should of called this thread "Start of an era" . I know we're all going a bit bonkers lately, but this just beggars belief.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 07:32:20 pm »

Ive one day of work Daz and ive saved nice easy work for myself, so no awkward windows.  Its just a couple over a the odd conservatories, and one house whose garden slopes at an angle which isnt suitable for ladders.

In addition, i am used to heavier brushes n pole which I used everyday, all day.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 07:37:10 pm »

This is extremely hard to fight the temptation to do so.  However, im not getting many days to have the spare time to think about it, so thats a plus.

On the other hand, my mrs has been stuck in for about 4 months or so and yesterday was a good day for her so we spent a day up at the lakes (Brown Howe in coniston for ones who know it).  Took the camping loo and stove and had a great safe day out. Everyone abiding by social distancing and kept about 5m away from others.   
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 07:46:03 pm »

This is extremely hard to fight the temptation to do so.  However, im not getting many days to have the spare time to think about it, so thats a plus.

On the other hand, my mrs has been stuck in for about 4 months or so and yesterday was a good day so we spent a day up at the lakes (Brown Howe in coniston for ones who know it).  Took the camping loo and stove and had a great safe day out. Everyone abiding by social distancing and kept about 5m away from others.
Too much info, Nate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 07:51:39 pm »

On the other hand, my mrs has been stuck in for about 4 months or so and yesterday was a good day so we spent a day up at the lakes (Brown Howe in coniston for ones who know it).  Took the camping loo and stove and had a great safe day out. Everyone abiding by social distancing and kept about 5m away from others.
Too much info, Nate.

True, however bare in mind that national parks are open for visitors but public toilets etc are not open.

;D ;D still much info I know but hey ho  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 09:16:43 pm »

On the other hand, my mrs has been stuck in for about 4 months or so and yesterday was a good day for her so we spent a day up at the lakes (Brown Howe in coniston for ones who know it).  Took the camping loo and stove and had a great safe day out. Everyone abiding by social distancing and kept about 5m away from others.

;D

Don Kee

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 09:24:33 pm »
£10 to a charity of your choice says you’re canvassing by the end of the year.

CleanClear

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 09:48:48 pm »

In addition, i am used to heavier brushes n pole which I used everyday, all day.

You said you only worked a few hours ? Now its all day.. ok.

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 11:03:54 pm »
I bought the same ultimate 14" brush with 4 jets not long ago just to try. Quickly went back to my usual brush, it's just too big and awkward for everyday use.

Looks a good setup for a noob btw  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 02:43:39 am »
I bought the same ultimate 14" brush with 4 jets not long ago just to try. Quickly went back to my usual brush, it's just too big and awkward for everyday use.

Looks a good setup for a noob btw  ;D

I know right 😂😂😂😂
felt like that when i was ordering it
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk