neil

whats the best , exel , scorpion , or the alltec triple vac
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:11:46 pm »
Hi there i am new to this but i have just sold a prochem steempro and looking to buy a new machine for a contract i have , can someone please let me no whats the best one to buy? Also was looking at the scrubba delux from extracta any good? Or the 360 rotovac? Thanks Again

Joe H

Re: whats the best , exel , scorpion , or the alltec triple vac
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:17:10 pm »
The triple vacs will outperform the Excel easily.
Cleansmart also do a triple vac so add that to the list and also Ashbys Ninja can have a external 3rd vac fitted too.
I have a Scorpion and it is excellent, and the service/backup from Solutions Cornwall is top notch.

neil

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 05:58:06 pm »
Thanks for that joe  do you have a heater on your machine? Nick said they cost £375???

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 06:46:45 pm »
Its a separate heater that has its own main cable - so you need 3 separate 13amp sockets  - not 3 on a gang of 4 as that would blow the circuit.
I think my heater is a Mytee, dont know what Nicks supply is as of today. Mine has 2 switches for 2 separate chambers - so full heat of half heat.
Always better if you can have some hot tap water in the tub first - helps the heater get to higher temperatures.
Advantages of a separate plug in heater is if you are on very long hoses, say 100ft, then you can plug the heater in say 25 ft to the wand. This means the heat is produced nearer the wand, less losses.

neil

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 07:42:05 pm »
Ok thanks for that i will call nick tomorrow !!!

neil

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:20:19 pm »
Hi i will ask nick about a heater tomorrow ,were did you buy your one ??? Thanks

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 02:15:17 am »
I bought the Scorpion 2nd hand 28 months ago (rare I know) and the heater came with it.

neil

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 07:24:34 pm »
Hi joe ,

I spoke to nick today about the heater he said that he was going to talk with urself, I am going for the machine will i find a big diffrence from what i have been using???

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 07:32:09 am »
Hi Neil
Yes, Nick rang me yesterday re the heater. As I said, I bought the machine off Spencer Davies in Eastbourne and I think he had it at least 2 maybe 3 years before me - so some time ago. Nick couldnt remember what heater he supplied (it was a few years ago and he has sold almost 300 scorpions in that time) but I must have jogged things and he found the details of "my" heater. He is now working to source for you no doubt.
I have not used any Prochem machine never mind your model, but I am 100% certain you WILL notice a difference in performance if used correctly.
By that I mean, using the right cleaning fluids for the circumstance, doing agitation, and dwell time if necessary. Agitation - I get really good results when I use my Envirodri.
To get the best from the heater, pour hot tap water in the clean tank (hot not boiling - too hot could be detrimental to the pump etc). Doing this helps the heater to get to a very good temperature.

Colin Day

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 09:06:45 am »
Nick also sells a really nice agitator too, it's warranty covers wet use too. I've seen this machine in action.... I'm having one me thinks......

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 06:19:52 pm »
Really to be honest I think all you need is a machine with 2 x 3 stage motors giving 230 inches of lift
500 psi pump, inline water heater, injection sprayer to put your prespray down with, scrub wand.
Nothing can beat this setup, provided you have good chemicals.