madlaine1981

Hi

What would you suggest to do with dishonest customer who doesn't want to pay for your cleaning?
Doesn't pick up phones from you, arrange meetings but doesn't appear, it's commercial customers but his office is closed?

Thanks.

http://www.mandccleaning.co.uk

daz1977

Re: What to do with a customer who doesn't want to pay for cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »
if its  alot of money take him to court or send some lads around,  u can go to ur local county court or do it on line and apply in the small claims section for a court date, cost depends on how much is owed

when i use to work for a plumber he use to go around xmas eve, turn off there water and fill it with quick drying concrete, and by the time they knew it had set and would end up costing the custy a small fortune to get fixed,

i know a bloke who got screw out of a couple of grand, so left it for a few years, then wrote you bas$ard on his front wall and put a card throught saying i thought you loved me and i find out ur married, cost teh bloke his marriage, all over a couple of grand

i am not suggesting that you do stuff like this,  but if you got no chance of getting your money back,  it will bring a smile to your face when you think back to it

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 06:36:22 am »

bobby p

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:06:36 am »
[quote author=daz1977 link=topic=8

i know a bloke who got screw out of a couple of grand, so left it for a few years, then wrote you bas$ard on his front wall and put a card throught saying i thought you loved me and i find out ur married, cost teh bloke his marriage, all over a couple of grand

love that !!

Office Cleaning Company

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 05:08:55 pm »
Try the online small claims court if it below £5000, though the court fees can go up to £300 - 350 so it depends if the debts is more than this, although there is no guarantee that even if you win you'll get your money.

If the figures are less or you don't want to chance your arm (the threat of court action is usually more effective than the actual court action itself) you're going to have to get used to swallowing bad debts and take it as another not so great part of doing business.
Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now

Alfa

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 11:28:29 pm »
Try
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
I have used them twice the charge is £25 and I've got my money.
You need to know the customers name and address to claim the money. Read it it's all there.
Good luck

Justine Hughes

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 12:12:17 pm »
Hi there! I think that’s the best way to do. Go to court and file a case against that person.

Carpet Cleaning in Grand Rapids MI

vallery

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 01:59:15 pm »
haha. That would be really funny to leave such a note in someone's mail box. But I think it woud be better to bring him to court, because this is the only possible legal way to get your money back. :)

M W.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 03:19:29 pm »
went oot to clean an bedroom cpt  once, the lady let me in , cleaned the heavily trafficed
carpet beige. worked my arse off trying to bring this cpt up, 90% improvment, i wanted £30.
would she hell pay, i sat in th living room and wouldnt moveuntil i was pyed. she rang the law. police came spoke to her then me,

police said to me . look son she,s tried this on twice this week wi plumbers/plasteres. walk away  ???

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 11:14:20 am »
You have just missed the best opportunity, send his wife a dozen red roses anonomously on Valentines Day

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 11:23:53 am »
went oot to clean an bedroom cpt  once, the lady let me in , cleaned the heavily trafficed
carpet beige. worked my arse off trying to bring this cpt up, 90% improvment, i wanted £30.
would she hell pay, i sat in th living room and wouldnt moveuntil i was pyed. she rang the law. police came spoke to her then me,

police said to me . look son she,s tried this on twice this week wi plumbers/plasteres. walk away  ???

A mate of mine had a similar story to this but after he had cleaned all the carpets and the three piece suite. Said to the lady that will be £xyz.
She looked really suprised and said "I didn't book you, I am just the tenant. I moved in this week. The landlord phoned to say you were coming"

She gave him the number of the letting agent but they didn't know anything about it. He said the most telling thing was the glance that passed between the two people in the letting agents when he told his story.

Anyway, the landlord was "abroad" couldn't be reached etc etc

Peter White

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 11:53:34 am »
you know that bucket of dirty water we have at the end of the job? Id offer to put it back in the carpet should they refuse to pay...hasn't happened yet mind!
www.whitescarpetcleaning.co.uk
Carpet Cleaning in Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks, Kent

Thomas Anthony

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 09:50:26 pm »
The best advise you have received here is to file in small claims court and move on.  Many times the case settles prior to being heard at all.  You need to compare the amount of money outstanding vs. your future time and liability in trying to collect.

The aggressive/malicious actions while humorous, can come back and bite you.  You can end up getting sued yourself, responding to a police call about you or just simply getting smacked.  Any of that just doesn't play out well.  Although "crime scene clean-up" is the best paid segment of our industry, it's probably better if it's not your blood.

Anyhow, consider it an educational expense and write it off.  Good luck with your business.