sanjuro

Flyers on car windscreens any good ?
« on: March 17, 2009, 02:13:09 am »
I was thinking of saving myself a bit of leg work by doing all the local carparks with flyers has anyone had any good results from doing this ? or any trouble from the carpark owners/wardens ?

Re: Flyers on car windscreens any good ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 02:43:18 pm »
A good number of the cars you put your flyers on might not be from your area.... If you single out cars with the registration for your area , that would possibly work.

Worth a try!

chosker

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:11:44 pm »
also, don't quote me, but I think in a lot of areas you have to go to the local council and get some sort of liscence for it - i have a feeling you're not allowed to put leaflets on cars otherwise. Like I said - I could be wrong!

sanjuro

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 08:02:33 pm »
well i did about 500 cars today with no trouble from anyone i will have to monitor my calls and ask where they got my number from and ill look into the legalities of doing it in the future.

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 10:45:27 am »
Did a google search for "putting leaflets in car windscreens" and came up with this.

Placed on Car Windscreens

In the UK there are no regulations preventing placing leaflets on car windscreens. However, be careful to ensure that you don’t accidentally damage the car in some way or trespass on private property.

To avoid damaging cars it’s advised not to place the leaflet under windscreen wipers. In addition, many people find this extremely annoying, particularly if the rain has destroyed the leaflet or they only see it after starting their car. Getting someone irate before they see the leaflet is not the best way to generate a receptive customer.

Also bear in mind that councils have been known to contact companies that have distributed leaflets in this way, requesting that they clear up any leaflets that have blown or been disposed of on the road.

With the above in mind the size of the leaflet is often the key here. Print thick A6 or A7 leaflets, even business card size leaflets, and place them between the rubber seal and the window glass of car drivers’ doors.

clinton

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 02:38:06 pm »
Just had one put under the wipper of the car this morn for childrens play center and it will go in the bin like all the others :),its when people startd throwing them on the floor i guess the council will be onto you ::)

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 10:47:59 pm »
You missed a trick there Clinton.... You' should've rang the play centre up and told them you'll give them a free quote ;D ;D ;D

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 03:35:29 pm »
Did a google search for "putting leaflets in car windscreens" and came up with this.

Placed on Car Windscreens

In the UK there are no regulations preventing placing leaflets on car windscreens. However, be careful to ensure that you don’t accidentally damage the car in some way or trespass on private property.

To avoid damaging cars it’s advised not to place the leaflet under windscreen wipers. In addition, many people find this extremely annoying, particularly if the rain has destroyed the leaflet or they only see it after starting their car. Getting someone irate before they see the leaflet is not the best way to generate a receptive customer.

Also bear in mind that councils have been known to contact companies that have distributed leaflets in this way, requesting that they clear up any leaflets that have blown or been disposed of on the road.

With the above in mind the size of the leaflet is often the key here. Print thick A6 or A7 leaflets, even business card size leaflets, and place them between the rubber seal and the window glass of car drivers’ doors.

Correct, BUT you need a street licence from local council to approach people in the street! and if on any land must get permission from car park / shopping centres managers etc some might ask you for a fee like shopping centres, i hire a promoter who has a licence and targets new busineses

Also if your leaflets end up on the floor you can be find!!!  ;D

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 03:39:53 pm »
soz im hot and bored so any topic i missed will do  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 11:15:27 pm »
I'd be very careful if I were you. I know some places where it is regarded as littering and you could end up with a heavy fine.

paul.g

Re: Flyer's on car windscreens any good ?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 05:50:42 pm »
It'll be good to see how much of a response you'll get this way. I've found leaflet drops through doors don't get much of a response I wonder if your method gives a better return - GOOD LUCK.

sarahj

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 03:28:57 pm »
I'd also be interested in the outcome of this. The times I've received leaflets under my windscreen wiper, I do glance at the leaflet but it generaly gets thrown away  :-X The business card idea is good - and wouldn't be as badly damaged in wet weather.

---
Cleaning choice

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 05:39:27 pm »
Sarah,

As you are a member of the chemdry franchise, can i ask you to give me an honest answer to a question i have posed a couple of times to chemdry operators.

Do you believe the method that chem dry promote ie. the oxidising bubbles or what ever it is really is superior to the h/w/e system that most c/c cleaners tend to us regularly ?

I am not in any way trying to knock the method , wether it be a gimmick or infact a proven better method, I would just like an answer as no c/d operators seem to respond when I ask this question.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

letzclean

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 01:00:12 am »

I put some flyers under wind sceens at the beginning of the year and got a call from the local council community support workers who said they wanted to fine me or my company for flyers under the wind screens. This was Hammersmith and Fulham in London and not every council is the same
"A pessimist see's the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist see's the opportunity in every difficulty."

martin19842

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 02:17:31 pm »
hi there

i am sure that years ago regulations were bought in that were to stop this practice, but it needs to be checked.

if you hit the town centre car parks at weekeends, you could bet that a high percentage were local people doing their weekly shopping.

cars in car parks mondat to thursday may be from out of area, ie commuters.

railway carparks on a daily basis would have commuter cars from the local area, but same cars week after week.

regards

martin

Reno's Carpet Care

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 04:50:19 pm »
If the flyer had in Big Print
FREE MASSAGE
and then in smaller type below it
of your carpet's fibers with every cleaning

It is guaranteed to not only be looked at, it will be STARED at

Sex sells.  There is nothing sexy about carpet cleaning, you need to inject it with sex.  Sure, some are offended which means some read it and didn't like it.  I am more concerned with the opinions of those who fund my operations with their business than those sensitive individuals with their feathers ruffled up.
Member Very Low Moisture Carpet Cleaners Association
http://www.vlmcca.org

sherco

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 07:40:58 pm »
If the flyer had in Big Print
FREE MASSAGE
and then in smaller type below it
of your carpet's fibers with every cleaning

It is guaranteed to not only be looked at, it will be STARED at

Sex sells.  There is nothing sexy about carpet cleaning, you need to inject it with sex.  Sure, some are offended which means some read it and didn't like it.  I am more concerned with the opinions of those who fund my operations with their business than those sensitive individuals with their feathers ruffled up.
Something like....Fancy a better shag...pile
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 09:31:34 am »
Regulationswere bought in about 3 yearsago which most localauthorities have adopted.

You can get a posh spicelook a like to hand out your leaflets in town centres if you pay localauthority a fee and agree to pickthe majority up that are droped afterwards

The car windscreen one was used extensevely by Kleeneze along with signs on lamposts etc to recruit more distributors into their Multi Level Marketing  Scheme
You now risk a big fine

calmore

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 07:04:39 pm »
I used to have a sign that I used to place on the inside of my windscreen when parking at shows etc. It read something like:

"By placing an an advertising leaflet on this windscreen you are agreeing to pay a £50 administration charge covering removal, reading and disposal of said literature"

Didn't stop the buggers from doing it!

:)
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

Peter Foster

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 02:58:15 pm »
I have a card holder on my van so with shopping in Tesco people can take a card works a treat but would say that as I sell them
have a look on my site for further info www.fab-idea.co.uk