ray.finch

environmental policies
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:06:49 pm »

Hi All
We currently carry out regular office cleaning 5 nights per week for a large office company with six cleaners per evening, we also carry out the window cleaning once per month (inside only), we have been asked to provide them with our environmental policies, can anybody please advise me on this I've been in the game for some 25 years and I haven’t a clue what one even looks like,
Your help will be greatly appreciated
Kind regards           
Ray 

Denise l

Re: environmental policies
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 06:38:24 am »
Hi ray

Emailed you a copy of mine

Denise

jasonl

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:07:21 am »
We Aim To:
• Reduce emissions to levels at which adverse impacts on the environment are avoided
• Take water and other resources from the environment at a level that is in balance with the expected rate of regeneration
• Do all we can to comply with and,where possible,to better laws,consents and directives issued as local,national and European directives
• Conserve and protect the environment and,whenever possible,improve it through the services we provide
• Operate in a socially responsible manner
• Be fully prepared to cope with our operational emergencies that might affect the environment
• Minimize emissions in every area of operations
To achieve our aims we will:
• Applying strict quality controls in all we do
• Seek to design,operate and maintain out equipment to the highest practical standards in order to meet our environmental objectives
• Implement new technology to improve working practices
• Install plant and equipment and vehicles that use biofuel where possible
• Involve the public in our work,liasing with local groups and individuals where our operations may affect them
• Recycle all waste arising where possible
• Use profit as a motivator for investment in the best value environmental systems.

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »
We Aim To:
• Reduce emissions to levels at which adverse impacts on the environment are avoided
• Take water and other resources from the environment at a level that is in balance with the expected rate of regeneration
• Do all we can to comply with and,where possible,to better laws,consents and directives issued as local,national and European directives
• Conserve and protect the environment and,whenever possible,improve it through the services we provide
• Operate in a socially responsible manner
• Be fully prepared to cope with our operational emergencies that might affect the environment
• Minimize emissions in every area of operations
To achieve our aims we will:
• Applying strict quality controls in all we do
• Seek to design,operate and maintain out equipment to the highest practical standards in order to meet our environmental objectives
• Implement new technology to improve working practices
• Install plant and equipment and vehicles that use biofuel where possible
• Involve the public in our work,liasing with local groups and individuals where our operations may affect them
• Recycle all waste arising where possible
• Use profit as a motivator for investment in the best value environmental systems.

. And finally.... only use paper bags from sustainable sources to catch the vomit I will do if you believe all that   ;D

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »
Customers ask for policies, not cast iron rules, how many organisations do not adhere to policy?

That is my policy that I strictly adhere to , all covered by the very last point , which nobody has read with enough concentration to realise that I can do what I like as profit is the over riding driver of my environmental policy. 
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »
I'm not having a dig at what you have produced, just having a dig at the system that requires paperwork just for the sake of paperwork, without it actually being implimented.
If you want a really big laugh at this in action join the Safe Contractor scheme. As long as the paperwork 'looks' good and meets their own grading then you are in.... no one actually checks it in operation.

jasonl

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 08:57:19 am »
Agreed , its a joke some of the paperwork  we have to produce.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings