gibbo05

quoting for school cleaning
« on: November 08, 2005, 10:25:10 am »
Hi, I now have one school under my belt and to be honest is one of the biggest pains of my life, especially with staffing.
I am now quoting on two other schools but feel that I cant charge too much because of it being for education.

Does any one else find problems at the moment with pricing.

I know that we as 'cleaners' arnt considered to be a profession but hey! we are and we need recognition too as professionals

M Walker

Re: quoting for school cleaning
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 06:35:07 pm »
Schools are difficult but you should still be able to command a fair price by offering fully vetted Staff and a proffessional service they cannot get either of these at the moment so contracted out  is the way they are all going  better to have a good reliable company that always makes sure they have cleaners and good ones at that they normally provide all their own materials so overheads are reduced

elite123

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 03:53:14 pm »
WE ARE ALSO A NEW CLEANING COMPANY - THESE SCHOOLS - DID YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE COUNCIL/GOVERNMENT OR ARE THEY PRIVATE.

WE HAVE TARGETED NURSERIES AND THOUGHT SCHOOLS WOULD BE TOO HARD TO GET ON BECAUSE OF GOING THROUGH THE LOCAL AUTHORITY.

YOUR HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

THANKS

M Walker

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 07:54:02 am »
I only have one school on my books but this one is private. I do have some experience in this area though local authoritys do tend to have their own cleaners but are always looking for cover which sometimes lasts ages as they have a job employing people. It is always worth approaching them and if you are successful the may even CRB any new staff for you at a reduced rate as they have a department just for this purpose. This is what used to happen where I previously worked as a Manager before setting out on my own. Either way they are a good target and regular payers normally via BACS
regards
Mark