Kieran Casey

Odour from Vomit in Hotel Room
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:02:36 am »
Hi there - I'm looking to see has anyone found a reliable method for dealing with this type of problem.

My current process is as follows -

Extract Soil
Apply Microsan and allow 15 mins dwell time
Extract Again
Dry with a Bonnet

I'm finding the odour still remains after these efforts and a repeat call is almost always necessary.

Colin Day

Re: Odour from Vomit in Hotel Room
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 02:22:29 pm »
Clean with 'SPM' and rinse with 'Fresh Guard' That ought to do the trick... :)

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:06:40 pm »
You can use Chemspec Kill Odor Plus for this. it is specifically designed for this type of problem. The added advantage is that it is an encapsulator too meaning you can stick with your bonnet method.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 05:08:58 pm »
Sorry mis-read the method part. However Kill Odor Plus is also an effective traffic lane cleaner too so can be used pre and post cleaning.

Kieran Casey

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 07:01:50 am »
Thanks All.

Waiting for the next Stag Party to go over the top!

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 12:36:57 pm »
I have use (PROC***) clensan in such cases with positive results. After extraction and bonneting very lightly mist with (PROC***) Odour Fresh.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 10:37:18 pm »
I have used a variety of sanitizers but Urine Contamination Treatment from Chemspec beats them all IMO there was one other which Jason Lawal gave me from is stock and I can't remember what it was called made by D Smoke and that killed it also but it also killed anyone who was in a 5 mile radius!

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 07:44:37 am »
Shaun , you are on about "death  juice"  which is 9d9   from unsmoke , it says on the bottle" for removing dead body odours "- or odor as they americans say  which are commonly caused by bile , which is a major ingredient in vomit , so it makes sense that it would remove the odour of vomit and its cause.

I think Chemspec sell unsmoke products now , they are the very best fire and flood restoration products around , not cheap , but top quality. 
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 09:45:07 pm »
Amen to that ;D

Shaun

Kev Loomes

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 05:06:09 pm »
I know this is quite an old thread, but in cases of bodily fluids you really need an enzyme product to kill this odour off. Yes there are some good products out there to 'sanitize' and clean but you need to get to the root of the problem.

There are some good odour products out there, and some rubbish ones too that only mask the odour temporarily. I would:

Clean area
Treat with enzymes & leave to dwell
Clean again
Apply a good sanitiser/deodoriser

Hope this helps

Cheers

Kev

anz peat

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 07:58:11 am »
In my advice you can use any bleaching agent like bleaching powder. It kills the odor instantly

cleantech

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 08:32:29 pm »
formula 429+

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 03:34:14 pm »
I do this kind of thing often. We have a wedding venue down the road that does 6 on a Saturday.

M Power from Solutions is the best.

Open all the available windows.

Mix 1-80 in warm water then apply at around 1 lt per sq mt.

Brush in lightly and leave for 30 mins. You will leave the room as it really wakes the smell up as it breaks it down. Go and have a cup of tea with the room staff.

Rinse very thoroughly with plain water. Dry pass many times when rinsed.

Leave to dry. Do it on Monday, room back in service on Wed latest, Tues with turbodryer.

Works every time.

God must love stupid people---He made so many.