mike roberts

problem rug
« on: August 04, 2011, 03:29:32 pm »
started to clean a 'Next' woolen rug aprox 3m*4m size (2yrs plus age),
was lightly soiled but had small dog urine marks pointed out to customer that these may not be removed completely, started cleaning (std vac, woolsafe prespray, woolsafe extraction) all fine ..suddenly pile started to extract local area ... looking closely backing localy started to break up!! turning to an almost powder! Any answers or other similar experiences welcome... quickly removed local pre spray.. currently awaiting for 'next' to respond we have treatment risk but we have cleaned it by the book!

Phil @ Extreme Clean

Re: problem rug
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:10:10 pm »
Very Strange if you followed everything by the book and all is woolsafe approved then all i can think is the staining may not of been urine and had a chemical reaction with your gear.

Best Regards Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

mike roberts

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:54:51 pm »
Not being funny but new to this site .. yes followed the book.. pre spary used was pre spray gold (prochem), extract fibre fabric rinse with odour fresh (prochem) urine stains from a small Chihuahua 'type' saw the actual dog .. certainly looked liked p stains to me but no expert in that front !! lol . Do not know of any chemical reaction with above chemicals and for that matter any product from prochem obviously spoken with them... that changes proper 'hessian ' backing to powder! :)

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 07:23:14 am »
Had the customer attempted removal/treatment prior to you getting your wands on it?

mike roberts

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 02:07:33 pm »
The customer has said they didnt .. I find that hard to believe that you simply leave urine untreated... But the marks are very small less than 5 mm wide 25-50mm long
due to the size of dog.. basically mat was at the front door as the dog gets excited wees! Common sense you would not have a rug there! BUt thats our customers!

In fairness,  if a customer denies treating area it does become evident as when extracting it foams up locally.. sure you agree - this didnt happen.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 07:44:18 am »
If the dog is medicated it can add additional complications.

mike roberts

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 08:18:00 pm »
if i get my hands on the dog it will need medication!!  :)