Alex Gardiner

Re: Am I Mad???
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 08:00:52 pm »
Alex.......do your 28cm Vikan Mono-Filament Rectangular Jetted Brushes come with 2 mill inside diameter jets as standard??? I think i need to get one of these. I'm tom dick or rinsing off at height.  :(

They do. All of our brushes come with 2mm ID jets as standard, we can fit them up with larger 3mm on special request if needed.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 09:04:54 pm »
To all you WFP users who rinse with your brush off the glass...........WHY ??????

I rinse with my brush on the glass at any height, ALL the time.

I never use a flocked brush head because they trap dirt in the bristles. I always use a mono-filament brush which is perfect for rinsing ON the glass.

Carry on rinsing OFF the glass and I bet in a few years you'll have muscular strain injuries. You must need your heads examined, honestly. Why make work for yourselves. Not only that, but, rinsing OFF the glass is slow as well.

Pole2pole

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 09:21:00 pm »
Thanks Alex.........I'll lookin to order a couple soon  :) I think this topic is always a good one to raise as it affects all the WFP'ers every workin minute of every day. This topic will take the place of TRAD V WFP one day  ;D

matt

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 11:50:59 pm »
Dino,

A bit like my old Unger 30foot beast, heavy and bendy ::)

I used to rince ON at 20 - 30 ft, nobody complained ;)

But now I use a CF Fishing pole, lighter AND stiffer, can rince OFF easily.

David

david, i didnt know you had left the Unger camp and joined the fishing pole lot ;)

davidpitts

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 12:32:29 pm »
Could one of you guys who rinse with the brush on the glass give us a more detailed explanation of what you do ie what brush ,what flow rate and technique that you use, a video clip would be even better, I have tried on my own house but I just dont seem to be able quite right spots and runs at the top of the glass especially in the corners cheers Dave

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 05:46:10 pm »
Could one of you guys who rinse with the brush on the glass give us a more detailed explanation of what you do ie what brush ,what flow rate and technique that you use, a video clip would be even better, I have tried on my own house but I just dont seem to be able quite right spots and runs at the top of the glass especially in the corners cheers Dave

Use a monofilament brush, NOT a flocked brush.

1st Clean the top frame thoroughly,
2nd quick wipe down the two side frames,
3rd wash the glass (vertically) to loosen the dirt,
4th rinse (glass only), starting from the top (horizontally), working your way down the glass,
finishing off with a quick wipe off the sill.
The secret to good windows is thoroughly clean the top of frame and rinse thoroughly with enough water, simple :)

davidpitts

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 06:36:49 pm »
Thanks Wayne, would you say 2litres per minute is ok cheers Dave. ;)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 06:46:57 pm »
I've no idea how much water I use. I just set my varistream on 12 o'clock setting and can keep up with the flow of water coming out of the brush.

davidpitts

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 07:00:09 pm »
Thanks again Wayne I will give it a go in the morning.