Lesley J

Which mopping system ?
« on: July 02, 2006, 01:27:01 pm »
we have been asked to clean a large property with all dark laminate wood floors, 5 bedrooms 3 reception, the client wants all the floors washed every visit. we currently use a cotton mop and bucket, but this does tend to leave little bits of fluff every where, and if the mop is not wrung out sufficiently, the floors are saturated, I have been looking at  microfibre mops as an alternative, has any one used these mops, is it a better system and does it do a great job, will it bein easier for the cleaners to operate,? I hate buckets of water being sloshed about, especially up and down stairs. Lesley J
Lesley Tyrrell

mxg

Re: Which mopping system ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 07:29:01 pm »
 I am surprised that there has been no response to the original posting.

I was going to post a similar question myself so I would also be interested in peoples experiences with these newer mopping systems.

Mick

Derek_Walker

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 07:40:56 pm »
Hi

Microfibre mops work great, much better than the old style kentucky mops. In my experience you use far less water, its quicker and the microfibre traps and holds on to the dirt as opposed to spreading it around the floor. A worthy investment.

Derek

mxg

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 07:59:49 pm »
Derek

Thanks for that info. What particular brand do you use ?

Mick

Derek_Walker

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 06:28:01 pm »
Hi Mick

I have a selection of different makes, The one I use the most is a heavy duty contico handle which extends to different lengths. The microfibre mop heads I get from  www.paragonmicrofibre.com.

There are quite a few makes out there, so have a look around and see which is best for you.

Derek

Lesley J

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 09:17:39 pm »
 Hi there
thanks for your information have looked at Paragon,we buy their cloths and have been very pleased with them, they have a good offer on for mops, however I went to wilkinsons today and purchased microfibre mops, I have over 12 cleaners thought it would be best if we all had the same system and do away with the old cotton mops, it worked out cheaper per mop, we shall see how they do with them, I will dish them out tommorow, its got to be better.  lesley
Lesley Tyrrell

lynngc

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 08:57:31 am »
poundstrecher do a great micro mop system with adjustable pole for length, quite a big mop head also.
when i've finnishe with it i put them on a 60 wash and they come up lovley.

lynn
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.