Suki-meg

Which Hoover would you buy?
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:45:20 pm »
Hello myself and my husband are starting our own domestic cleaning business in Dec...at the moment just crossing the t's and dotting the i's. We are wondering what sort of hoover we should buy....Henry hoovers are excellent...so I have heard through research on the net. 

Any ideas/thoughts would be welcome on any hoover.

Thanks  ;)

Jamie Pearson

Re: Which Hoover would you buy?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 04:44:49 pm »
Go with the Henry imo.

Unless you have staircases to do you might want to consider a backpack so you can keep one hand on handrail all the time and not get pulled down by Henry being in one hand..

A P T

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:51:15 am »
Hi, good luck in your new business, btw, there is only one, the Henry

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:38:38 am »
or Hetty!!!!

obviously the male of the species is the harder working.

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:13:02 pm »
Henrys are made by Numatic - the post asked which Hoover

BridgfordCC

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 03:42:41 pm »
We only have Henry (and friends) vacuum cleaners since we ditched the Vax ones.

An important note; Hoover is a brand, it's vacuum cleaner.

Buckland

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 09:13:30 pm »
sebo upright bs 36 or 46 for carpets

nilfisk for all other surfaces

err thats it...
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

garyfindlay

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 09:25:09 pm »
I would go with a sebo. The customer probobly has never seen one, and you can add german quality etc to impress them, plus they can be bounced down stairs and still be ok. In the long run they are not the much more expensive.

clairuk

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 10:47:22 pm »
I hope im not to late to add my 2 cents.........?

Henry vacuum cleaners are what we started out with, however they do not take much abuse!

By that i mean with daily use we have to replace pipes frequently due to pulling the machine around with the pipe and they constantly split!

Next..... The actually head does not seem to last very long and they tend to lock and wear out quick!

We recently bought a sebo bs36 and WOW what a great machine for picking up hair (human or pet) and nothing has worn out yet in the 4 months we have had it for.

The only down fall to the Sebo is the pipe that pulls out from the machine......

When vacuuming anything a few feet away from the machine, using the pipe, the Sebo will fall onto you handle first, normally on your back, leg or hip which gives you a good bruise or dead leg :o

We now have a mountain of henrys and 2 sebos for our work and basically use whatever machine is suited to the job!

I (steven) like the Sebo for carpet cleaning and large areas.

Where as my partner Clair prefers the Henry (so she says) for domestic work, so she says!
Even though she has taken the Sebo to every job in the past few weeks..... lol  :-*

The moral of the reply is too have a machine or two for different work although as a start up a henry is great....... But consider getting a second, better or different machine later on!!!

Good luck....

Sycamore Cleaning Service

Suki-meg

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 09:32:31 pm »
Thanks for all  your replies...we went and had a look at Henry & Harry today...excellent so will look to purchase both of these

Office Cleaning Company

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 09:59:13 am »
Same again, Henry's for us, what I would say is choose one and stick with it if it's ok. Nothing is going to be indestructible when doing commercial or professional cleaning, but if you have the same brand you can use interchange spares.
Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now

jasonl

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 11:58:12 am »
A sebo is far and away the more pro machine , it has a motor powering the beater bar meaning that much more dust and dirt is recovered , in my opinion the only appeal of a henry/ any tub type vac is they are cheap ,and most daily cleaning companies do not want to spend double on a proper machine built for the job of vaccing large areas .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

brianbarber

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 10:43:59 pm »
Sebo bs36 or..
However, very good for domestic cleaning ,the Miele cylinder, the cat & dog model.
Suction is fantastic, tools all on board.
Turbo brush head great on carpets.
Buy separate parquet floor head tool, it's the best tool for pre vaccing hard floors prior to mopping.

Pitching up with a Henry............

I think Miele or Sebo looks professional.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Claude Fenner

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 08:54:01 pm »
Sebo Every time anyone who recommends anything else hasn't used a Sebo!

Pristine Clean

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 06:57:07 am »
Sebo Yes is a far better machine. That is only really required for thorough deep cleans or carpet cleaners... And most who have suggested Sebo are carpet cleaners.

When you want to clean a house or office a sebo is not versatile to move around all objects. Again fine when cleaning carpets as one side or the whole room is clear.

Cleaners generally require the Henry as it cheap and easy to replace and parts are cheap and the Henrys last a fair amount of time considering its only like £89.00 + VAT. Compare that to a Sebo at £200 + VAT there a big difference especially when you have a team of cleaners to get Vacuums cleaners for the Sebo is not worth it.

I can clean an office using Henry in far less than half the time it would take to use a Sebo and even quicker using a backvac.

Time is a factor you must consider on regular cleans. When carpet cleaning you are there for say 2 - 4 hours and get a far better return on money say somewhere between £70  - £300 + where as the cleaner will only get about £45.00 for 4 hours.

So Suki you made the right choice.
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Kingnewport

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 06:31:53 pm »
Sebo, I repair vacuum cleaners and we see a few henerys but that's down to wear and tear, but if your going pro use a sebo .

AshWhite

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 07:57:47 pm »
I've just put a kirby in the for sale section.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Paul anderson

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 11:56:57 am »
I can suggest you, it depends upon your needs. Sebo is better than Henry vaccum cleaner, but sebo is costly, Henry is good one, if you are not using frequently in regular intervals. it also time consume process. Every ones has its own drawbacks and advantages.

gordonswindows

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 05:01:18 pm »
We have used Henrys for years now, while not as good as Sebo you know where you are and what you get with them. Last year we moved into the back pack vacuums and wow they are great.

80% of our workforce prefer backpacking now and say they won't go back to Henry but like an earlier poster mentioned it really is horses for courses so you need to have a range of tools to meet every job requirement

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Missy dusty

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 06:58:07 pm »
sebo,Sebo....but not one of those twistey ones..lol

Griffus

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 11:11:28 pm »
I hope im not to late to add my 2 cents.........?

Henry vacuum cleaners are what we started out with, however they do not take much abuse!

By that i mean with daily use we have to replace pipes frequently due to pulling the machine around with the pipe and they constantly split!

Next..... The actually head does not seem to last very long and they tend to lock and wear out quick!

We recently bought a sebo bs36 and WOW what a great machine for picking up hair (human or pet) and nothing has worn out yet in the 4 months we have had it for.

The only down fall to the Sebo is the pipe that pulls out from the machine......

When vacuuming anything a few feet away from the machine, using the pipe, the Sebo will fall onto you handle first, normally on your back, leg or hip which gives you a good bruise or dead leg :o

We now have a mountain of henrys and 2 sebos for our work and basically use whatever machine is suited to the job!

I (steven) like the Sebo for carpet cleaning and large areas.

Where as my partner Clair prefers the Henry (so she says) for domestic work, so she says!
Even though she has taken the Sebo to every job in the past few weeks..... lol  :-*

The moral of the reply is too have a machine or two for different work although as a start up a henry is great....... But consider getting a second, better or different machine later on!!!

Good luck....

Sycamore Cleaning Service

We use NRV200's every day on builders cleans and the worst lifespan we've had from almost twenty put to use is 2 1/2 years.

For general cleaning you'll struggle to find better in every aspect and now cheaper than ever.

Griffus

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 11:23:41 pm »
sebo,Sebo....but not one of those twistey ones..lol

Sebo are great for prevac on Carpet Cleaning but are next to useless for more general work due to the design and the way the bag sits on top of the vacuum, 20% full requires a change of bag.

Numatic NRV will fill a bag 100% full as the vacuum is positioned on top and so over the bag.   Truly impressive design as the debris weighs the bag to the bottom keeping the vac free and clear at the top.   I have even used one cleaning leaves, rubble, sand and grit from a large patio on an Autumn day, several days after clearing prior to repointing and couldn't believe just how full the bag was without loosing any noticable loss of suction, twas the change of tone that told me to change the bag :o

JandS

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 07:22:26 pm »
Buy a second hand Kirby off e bay.
I have 2 and the most I paid was £65 for a
20 year old one.
It's in mint condition, probably beats the Sebo
and is indestructible.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

chores hygiene management ltd

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 07:59:18 pm »
the old premier tub 175s take some serious hammer, we have  several lodged on long term sites, some dating back 6 years and they are still working well. the trouble is they are metal and heavy but proper enough pro kit. they were big in schools for years through espo purchasing
Chores Hygiene Management Ltd
Cleaners Lincoln • Pest Control Lincoln • Window Cleaners Lincoln
T. 0800 4488 353
F. 01522 542 775
E. info@choreshygiene.com
W. www.choreshygiene.com

Billy Russell

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 09:11:48 pm »
the old premier tub 175s take some serious hammer, we have  several lodged on long term sites, some dating back 6 years and they are still working well. the trouble is they are metal and heavy but proper enough pro kit. they were big in schools for years through espo purchasing

Just disposed of 45 of those from our unit! some were over 20 years old! used to go out on builders cleans with us then! went out of commision with us about 5 years ago! so got stuck in a corner of the unit! but since we've being going through ISO we've had a big sort out!!!

J Vincent Waters

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 11:11:59 pm »
henry....robust, good price on offer in Makro, easy to use, easy to test and replace.
Vincent :)

D4ch0l

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 08:35:45 pm »
Hi,
My name is Adam and together with my girlfriend, we decided to start a domestic cleaning business. I have read a lot of articles about different vacuum cleaners and Henry seems to be most reliable and economical as it doesn't require bags. That is all from me and I wish you good luck.

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 10:47:58 pm »
Hi,
My name is Adam and together with my girlfriend, we decided to start a domestic cleaning business. I have read a lot of articles about different vacuum cleaners and Henry seems to be most reliable and economical as it doesn't require bags. That is all from me and I wish you good luck.

You do need bags!