s.hughes

Our Windows
« on: May 13, 2005, 04:25:00 pm »
How many of us clean our own windows?

I came home today, unloaded my ladders and thought what the heck lets give them their yearly clean. Her in doors is always on at me about it and threatens to get a w/c if I dont do them. I have to keep explaining that w/c dont do their own its just not right and after a hard weeks work who wants to clean their own windows?

I must say that my windows dont seem to get that dirty and for some reason they take me longer to clean than any others of the same type.

It gave me some satisfaction when I had finnished and I have decided to carry on doing them every month when unloading.

You want to ask me in a months time and see if I have kept it up.

Hows about the rest of you?

Steveyboy

baldeagle

Re: Our Windows
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 04:48:39 pm »
Believe it or not, but I've got mine listed on "George"!!
Sad or what?
Truth is, I'm a bit absent-minded.
Baldeagle in Staffordshire.
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 05:29:11 pm »
How many of us clean our own windows?

I came home today, unloaded my ladders and thought what the heck lets give them their yearly clean. Her in doors is always on at me about it and threatens to get a w/c if I dont do them. I have to keep explaining that w/c dont do their own its just not right and after a hard weeks work who wants to clean their own windows?

I must say that my windows dont seem to get that dirty and for some reason they take me longer to clean than any others of the same type.

It gave me some satisfaction when I had finnished and I have decided to carry on doing them every month when unloading.

You want to ask me in a months time and see if I have kept it up.

Hows about the rest of you?

Steveyboy

Once a year maximum for me :-)

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 05:40:45 pm »
I pay a w/c a £10 to do mine monthly and if no ones home then he leaves an SAE and I send him a cheque.

I met him for the first time about 3 or 4 months ago and he was gob smacked when I said I was a window cleaner.

After cleaning windows all day the last thing I want to do is my own wndows. Well to be honest, my missus got so fed up waiting for me to do them she got another window cleaner to do them.

c w window cleanin

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 06:11:35 pm »
errr...hardly ever.........i wait till my wifes moaning reaches fever pitch, then i try to clean them exactly as i would any normal customers of mine(no extra special effort cos its my house) , just to see if my job is up to scratch, from MY critical eye on the inside of the house  : :)

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 07:42:45 pm »
I normally clean them if i want to try something out or the wife starts moaning.
I usually have to clean them at least once a month as i clean the rest of my road and when i clean them the wife moans saying the rest of the street have clean windows and you can't let it down by having dirty windows..
So i end up cleaning them...Anything for a quite life

Paul

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 08:01:45 pm »
My missis, whose a window cleaner does the bottoms about twice a week (honest).  She says the cat's nose leaves marks on the window.

I think I last did the upstairs in January.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 09:36:33 pm »
I do them when I get conplaints.

:)

Is 'conplaints' a medical condition?  Something to do with your feet?

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 10:38:53 pm »
I used to clean mine, but got fed up of the missus going round picking falt so bought her all the equipment and said she, could now do them herself, works great I wfp the ups every now and again.

Like windows_chepstow my missus used to come on the round with me until she fell off the btm step of the steps she was using and broke her arm, she reminds me of this injury every winter when her arm plays up, as usual it was my fault...
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 10:51:07 pm »
Like windows_chepstow my missus used to come on the round with me until she fell off the btm step of the steps she was using and broke her arm, she reminds me of this injury every winter when her arm plays up, as usual it was my fault...

My Missis (Wor Lass) has had a few injuries too.  I've dropped scrapers and squeegies onto her head  - got her a cracker today - but once when I ducked under a washing line with my ladders over my shoulder, I bashed her in the face with the feet.  She cried; I felt terrible.  I did the washing up that evening.

I think the sooner we get onto WFP; the better.

s.hughes

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 10:57:27 pm »
Do you know what Chepstow, it would be great to spend a day w/c cleaning with you and your misses. I'm sure it would be like Laurel and Hardy.
Its got to be a laugh.

Good weekend to all

Steveyboy

rosskesava

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 01:19:54 am »
Hi windows

I did the washing up that evening.

It's amazing how men react to such things.

The only time I did my own windows, one upstairs window was open and I got muck and so on from my mop on my missus's grandma's embrodiary thing of some bloke with a plough that was near the open window.

God know's how I did that but the black spots are still there and from time to time, I still get reminded.

That evening she did not speak to me.

I spent the following day, a Sunday, doing the garden and in the evening, I did all the washing up also.

She cried; I felt terrible.

That's it. We feel terrible don't we and we (I) don't know what to do.

Hi How Much..... You want to spend time with a Scouser???? All they do is moan and hate the superior Scotts and go on about bagpipes.  ;D

The Welsh, on the other hand, are a fine race. They are the very best and like the Scotts, have their own language.

Windows is a scouser and like all Scouser's reads the Sun Newpaper's front page, his lovely suffering wife is Welsh and I'm a Scotts.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Cheers

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 11:28:20 am »
I pay a w/c a £10 to do mine monthly and if no ones home then he leaves an SAE and I send him a cheque.

I met him for the first time about 3 or 4 months ago and he was gob smacked when I said I was a window cleaner.

After cleaning windows all day the last thing I want to do is my own wndows. Well to be honest, my missus got so fed up waiting for me to do them she got another window cleaner to do them.

Funnily enough, I once had a part-time window cleaner ask me to do his (he was a fireman by profession.  It turned out that he couldn't get to the one above the conservatory and he knew I had a long extension pole  :-) .
I turned it down as he was a gate padlocker.

Mobile Foam

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 09:58:46 pm »
I clean mine about once a month. We have seven cats and one 6 years old child who love to put every stain imaginable on the glass. Dirt that I never seem to come across on my rounds.
  The cats thn take great delight in sliding their paws all over it. Leaving a gooey substance all over the place. Its really annoying when they are trying to attack the squeegee from the other side that you have just cleaned.
 I also find that Im not as particular at home as when out, maybe this explains the strange marks.
 Child asked me the other day could she come out cleaning with me when she is older. I wonder how long that will last.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 06:37:19 am »
Child asked me the other day could she come out cleaning with me when she is older. I wonder how long that will last.

A young girl of about 9 sat and watched me clean some windows with WFP the other day, as she watched me put the pole away she came across to me and asked "do people pay you to do that?"
I had to smile because  I realised that in her eyes I was spraying water onto the windows and people paid me to do it.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

gaza

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 08:35:05 am »
EXELLENT POSTING ME AND MRS  WILL SPEAK NOW: I pay a window cleaner to do mine,want the job done properly ;D mind you you know the old  saying the worst shod kids in the village is the village cobblers  kids how true
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 11:44:41 pm »
Hi Gaza

the worst shod kids in the village is the village cobblers kids

So true.

I have a brother who is a builder by trade and you should see his home. It always amazes me.

It's an unfinished dump but his work is first class on others homes.

Maybe I need to start doing my own windows...............  ;D

gaza

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 08:43:29 am »
hi Ross :my Dad was a very good plumber,what he didnt know wasnt worth knowing, but we had dripping taps ,radiator pipes banging etc etc, He used to say I know whats wrong with them when I dont know I will start to worry, I think this was passed down the gene line. ;D
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

dustycorner

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 08:50:19 pm »
Hi all,

1st looked at this post on Sunday, the ball n chain was looking over my shoulder and now realises i  suffer from a near fatal aversion to my own windows. She now convinced the only cure is another  w/c thanks for guiding her to the light.

Cheers Mark.

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 09:19:45 pm »
I'd have a window cleaner, but we can't get one round here, and I won't do the neighbors because Wor Lass would make me do ours as part of the round!

Anyone do Thornwell in Chepstow?