doak

white spots arghhh
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:32:46 am »
hey guys

as a newbie to wfp can you pros  advise on my simple problem thats driving me mental

tds 0   scrub frames rinse scrub glass rinse   (pump control at 3 ) =
white water spots still on glass and looks awfull

i rinse really well what am i doing wrong  ??? ???

cheeers  doak
i wanna work
i wanna be a millionare
i wanna clean windows

trevor perry

Re: white spots arghhh
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:39:29 am »
try doing the frames first and then going back and doing just glass after all frames have been cleaned and no more water is dripping off them, if it is the first clean and fairy liquid has been used to clean trad beforehand it is probably the suds coming out from seals and may need 2 cleans before perfect.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

jonisondell

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 10:40:12 am »
what is your tds of the water being used?
dont trust an inline tds meter on a cheep ro useless, use a hand held meter
do you use resin?

doak

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 10:41:12 am »
my tds from tap is about 320 i use and ro and di and have a hand tds meter i fairly sure its at 000 it not 002 max
i wanna work
i wanna be a millionare
i wanna clean windows

jonisondell

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 10:48:45 am »
fairly sure or sure?, i get white  spotting with 006 water, test your water on your own windows

doak

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 10:56:00 am »
ok mate will do thank you ;D
i wanna work
i wanna be a millionare
i wanna clean windows

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 12:02:21 pm »
What type of frames is it happening on all types or just certain ones

doak

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 12:13:55 pm »
its on ali frames  my own to be honest.  bought new brush and thought i would give it a try on mine first
i wanna work
i wanna be a millionare
i wanna clean windows

Justen Uff

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 12:19:33 pm »
its yer ali frames

they are the worst.  You can think you've cleaned them and still get spots on the glass.  If you really have to do windows with ali frames heres how

scrub frames, scrub windows, rinse frames well, move to next window, in fact do as many as you can giving the frames a chance to dry or at least stop dripping at all, then go back and wash windows avoiding frames, rinse! ;)

doak

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 12:23:20 pm »
awesome mate cheers
i wanna work
i wanna be a millionare
i wanna clean windows

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 01:24:56 pm »
I just don't touch aluminium frames any more. I take great care to just clean the windows.

I find there is no point in cleaning oxidised frames, whether they are painted or aluminium. Next visit they are just as bad again, so I just do the windows.

doak

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 02:40:25 pm »
went home cleaned again and they have now come out a dream   you guys are very helpfull thanks chaps ;D
i wanna work
i wanna be a millionare
i wanna clean windows

Paul Golding

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 06:25:30 pm »
its yer ali frames

they are the worst.  You can think you've cleaned them and still get spots on the glass.  If you really have to do windows with ali frames heres how

scrub frames, scrub windows, rinse frames well, move to next window, in fact do as many as you can giving the frames a chance to dry or at least stop dripping at all, then go back and wash windows avoiding frames, rinse! ;)

I second this, Top advice justen

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 08:07:25 pm »
i cleaned a friends house yesterday and was inside taking a look out and noticed a few white spots, she was happy enough but i wouldnt have been nor would quite a few customers. she had wooden frames, with the glass set quite deep in. do wooden frames not clean as well? or is it the old needing 2 or 3 washes thing again?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 08:23:22 pm »
i cleaned a friends house yesterday and was inside taking a look out and noticed a few white spots, she was happy enough but i wouldnt have been nor would quite a few customers. she had wooden frames, with the glass set quite deep in. do wooden frames not clean as well? or is it the old needing 2 or 3 washes thing again?

A month ago I did a first clean on an old property with grey wooden painted windows - it didn't feel right so after an hour I went back to check and there were a few spots. So I and wfp'd the worst then bladed the patio doors they were so bad.

The next time they came up perfectly. It was the old soap leeching out - along with poor quality paint that leeched out in places too on the first clean.

Always warn custies that the first wfp clean might not be perfect.

I also have a white aluminium in hardwood framed bungalow and they "milked" first time and one or two "ran" the second - now they come up perfectly.

As said above - frames and glass then back round for the glass only for a good result - and charge extra for it!
It's a game of three halves!

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 08:25:51 pm »

As said above - frames and glass then back round for the glass only for a good result - and charge extra for it!

ok i understand the whole rinsing extra, but what if the window is split in two, you know with the small window that opens at the top? do you do the top pane, leave it and then come back?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 08:58:14 pm »

ok i understand the whole rinsing extra, but what if the window is split in two, you know with the small window that opens at the top? do you do the top pane, leave it and then come back?

I would do the whole lot at first then the glass of the upper pane followed by the glass of the lower pane. If there were two or three in a row I might do the tops in a row then the bottoms even for just the glass.

If it's sliding sash windows I would do the whole lot then go back and treat as two seperate windows - ie all the tops then the bottoms of each sash window.
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 08:58:25 pm »
Hi
There will be some windows that just don't work with WFP. I have my own lounge window, UPVC which leaves white spots every time - its  south facing; and I also have a conservatory that has streeked for the last 3 years I've had the customer - cleaned 4-6 week intervals. Now just wash as usual and blade down.
Otherwise no other problems anywhere else.
Spruce.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

ZaNo

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 09:32:05 pm »
With ali frames i never do the frames just the window but i make sure i rinse extra and carefully with these windows as the tend to spot anyway so they are prob the hardest batch to clean. but as they are your windows get your ass up a ladder n do your frames with a cloth then wfp em :D 8)

p1w1

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 10:38:49 pm »
you can check alli frames just lick your finger and wipe it on the frame if some of the white coated paint comes off (there usualy white) then it means the frames have oxidised so it's best to leave those type of frames alone if it doesn't then your normally ok..

paul

pjulk

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 10:40:46 pm »
My fish had white spot once luckily you can but some chemicals for it.

collins82002

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 08:53:50 am »
my fish had that recently too.  We should put a few drop of the stuff our tank to rid white spot on windows. LOL ;D