Captain Scarlet

WHAT RO FOR ME?
« on: November 25, 2007, 03:44:31 pm »
At the moment I purify onboard with 2 di vessels. My tds is only 34ppm. If I ever run out of water I simply fill my tank up a little because the tds around here is extremely low.

Becausee up to know I havent ever needed to even think about RO systems i dont have a clue about them!

But a big job I have requires me to leave my low tds area and because the job is large I will need to fill my water tank up. So what can I do? I suspect the reading of the water at this job will be between 100-200 so can I put it through an RO or should I just put it through my 2 di vessels and carry some extra resin? If I do need an RO what type would allow me to fill up a 500ltr tank quickly?

Thanks for your help, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

clean

Re: WHAT RO FOR ME?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 03:47:38 pm »
Hi Luke,
if you want an affordable and qucik filling RO then the Merlin is a good choice as long as there is a decent pressure  ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 03:52:10 pm »
Is there a wfp website that sells Merlins? And what type should I buy? thanks, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

clean

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 03:54:38 pm »
Most wfp sellers should sell the merlin usually around £280 and it`s just one RO  ;)

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 03:56:00 pm »
At the moment I purify onboard with 2 di vessels. My tds is only 34ppm. If I ever run out of water I simply fill my tank up a little because the tds around here is extremely low.

Becausee up to know I havent ever needed to even think about RO systems i dont have a clue about them!

But a big job I have requires me to leave my low tds area and because the job is large I will need to fill my water tank up. So what can I do? I suspect the reading of the water at this job will be between 100-200 so can I put it through an RO or should I just put it through my 2 di vessels and carry some extra resin? If I do need an RO what type would allow me to fill up a 500ltr tank quickly?

Thanks for your help, Luke
a 40 will fill it quickest,

is the job a one off? if it is just take more resin, an ro would be better in the long run if you are going to do this alot, my tds is over 470  >:(

brightnclean

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 03:58:01 pm »
Luke.

Keep life simple.

For one or two jobs even at 100 to 200 TDS just stick with resin. RO's are really very simple but to top up or fill tank quickly your gonna need a 40 inch unit and even then you will be amazed how much slower thay are to produce than DI only. You will want it mounted in your van as well so there's quite a lot of plumbing alterations to do. Also you wont be used to waste water which you get from any RO unit. The Merlin mentioned above is just about the worst one for producing waste. Up to 5 parts waste to one part pure :(

I am stuck with TDS of 400 plus all the time so I am used to RO's but if I could do without one I would. OK ur gonna save a little on resin use but overall it wont be worth it for you.

clean

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 03:59:59 pm »
Producing waste is only a concern if you are on a meter  ;)

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 04:01:17 pm »
I am on a meter, I look at what I earn from it maybe it does cost alot, but nothing to what you earn from it.

brightnclean

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 04:09:33 pm »

OK I suppose ur right but Luke is talking about filling up from other's water supplies. Waste is an issue then. My comcern for the Young Jedi (Who has probably already ordered a Merin)  lol :)  is that he is going to be well shocked at how slowly RO's produce compared to DI only...even a 4040.

No Luke.. take mine and Ian's advice.. stick with DI only for this job. :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 04:16:52 pm »
At the moment is sounds like DI will be a good option but keep the suggestions coming, thanks, Luke

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 04:19:15 pm »

OK I suppose ur right but Luke is talking about filling up from other's water supplies. Waste is an issue then. My comcern for the Young Jedi (Who has probably already ordered a Merin)  lol :)  is that he is going to be well shocked at how slowly RO's produce compared to DI only...even a 4040.

No Luke.. take mine and Ian's advice.. stick with DI only for this job. :)
have to agree on that  ;D

if you going to get an RO Luke go for a 40inch, you already have one of the best poles dont go second best an get a merlin for an RO

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 04:21:00 pm »
Next system i get I'm thinking of the 40ich Purefreedom, but hopefully they will have  a water heater on it by then! Luke

So what 40inch ro can i get now and how quickly will it produce PURE water not waste? Luke

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 04:23:27 pm »
Next system i get I'm thinking of the 40ich Purefreedom, but hopefully they will have  a water heater on it by then! Luke

So what 40inch ro can i get now and how quickly will it produce PURE water not waste? Luke
I make 650l in 4.5 hours give or take a bit

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 04:28:46 pm »
So even with a 40inch RO im not going to be able to produce water fast enough, maybe I'll just stick to DI. So let me get this clear, can DI on its own handle high tds water, I know it will go through resin quickly but will it actually get it down to 000ppm? Luke

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 04:30:01 pm »
Is there a wfp website that sells Merlins? And what type should I buy? thanks, Luke

Problem with the merlin is the amout of waste it produces.

With an inlet tds such as yours you probably don't even need DI if you use a good 40" RO Membrane.

Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 04:31:00 pm »
So even with a 40inch RO im not going to be able to produce water fast enough, maybe I'll just stick to DI. So let me get this clear, can DI on its own handle high tds water, I know it will go through resin quickly but will it actually get it down to 000ppm? Luke

I sell a 40" RO membrane that will produce 4 LPM with the help of the right 12V Pump.

Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 04:32:50 pm »
yes it will but will cost more in resin as you say, if you have a tap at the place then an ro would cost less as you could fill as you go, just get there with a full tank and hook-up and get more water while you are working.

havre to add the 4.5 hours for 650l of water is not with a pump thats straight out of a tap

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 04:34:42 pm »
I sell a 40" RO membrane that will produce 4 LPM with the help of the right 12V Pump
How much? Let me guess, over 1000 quid! Luke

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 04:35:11 pm »
£600 ish max

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 04:36:15 pm »
I sell a 40" RO membrane that will produce 4 LPM with the help of the right 12V Pump

The membrane itself is $500.00US.  Housing is $250.00US
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground