Count Phil

What impressed at the nec.
« on: March 15, 2007, 04:42:56 pm »
What actually made you want one. For me it was the tucker poles and brushes, they just felt quality and made evrything else feel cheap.

What stood out to you? (apart from lack of window cleaning stands). :)

Paul Coleman

Re: What impressed at the nec.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 04:55:52 pm »
What actually made you want one. For me it was the tucker poles and brushes, they just felt quality and made evrything else feel cheap.

I came very close to getting a Tucker pole.  I was nearly there when I took a look at the jets.  I asked what other sizes they were available in and they weren't.  I'm sure the jets of that size would cause a drought order all on their own.  I didn't make the purchase purely due to the jets.  Pity, because it was a lovely pole and brush.

The thing that did stand out for me was the trolley at the Window Cleaning Warehouse stand.  Small footprint (about 25" square). Microbore hose. 1 x 25 litre container with DI next to it or 2 x 25 litre containers side by side and dispense with DI (can switch it around easily as required).  Varistream pump pre set up to bypass pressure switch.  Pole holder (perhaps only suitable for small poles?).  Easy access to remove/change battery. It was pricey for a trolley at £850 but it does seem to have everything I personally would want from a trolley system.

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 05:00:44 pm »
brodex had a 24ft aluminium pole that they are about to release it was slightly lighter than the predator pole but a lot stiffer when extended , it was very smooth to extend but he had not got a price for it yet if it is reasonable i am going to get one instead of the predator and see how it lasts.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Count Phil

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 05:50:58 pm »
Those large jets are apparently easy to make smaller. You just put a smaller tube inside the end. So people who have them have said(on here I did a search). So don't be put off.

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 05:57:39 pm »
I liked the Facelift poles; it's a pity they don't make an 18' one though; I'm after a superlight pole (not a modular pole) for Wor Lass.

rs_cleancare

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 06:07:01 pm »
Phoned tucker a couple of months back about the size of the jets as i wasn't too happy. Maybe now others are saying the same they might sort it out.

So what I did was took some normal pencil jets and made a thread in the large jets and screwed in the pencil jets.
Alot better don't use much water and only takes 15mins to do.

Rob.

Ryan Phillips

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 06:52:51 pm »
for me it was the young lady in the french maids outfit on one of the carpet cleaning stands have decided i deffinatly need one of those to help with work!!!!!!!!!

marcus hopkins

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 07:20:20 pm »
Oh, so you saw the wife then LOL  ;D

Marcus

for me it was the young lady in the french maids outfit on one of the carpet cleaning stands have decided i deffinatly need one of those to help with work!!!!!!!!!

rp cleaning services

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 07:31:48 pm »
i use the tucker pole and i agree the jets are too big,what i did was buy some flexi tube,which can be bought from any garden centre,it is very soft  and can be trimmed in seconds,it will bring the jets to about 3mm.hope this helps.

macmac

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 08:24:21 pm »
I liked the Facelift poles; it's a pity they don't make an 18' one though; I'm after a superlight pole (not a modular pole) for Wor Lass.

tosh
buy the 24ft one, its lighter & easier to use at 18ft than any other 18ft pole with the benefit of that extra 6ft it needed, you can even do the downstairs windows with it all retracted its so light. ;)

tony

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 09:01:12 pm »

I came very close to getting a Tucker pole.  I was nearly there when I took a look at the jets.  I asked what other sizes they were available in and they weren't.  I'm sure the jets of that size would cause a drought order all on their own.  I didn't make the purchase purely due to the jets.  Pity, because it was a lovely pole and brush.

The thing that did stand out for me was the trolley at the Window Cleaning Warehouse stand.  Small footprint (about 25" square). Microbore hose. 1 x 25 litre container with DI next to it or 2 x 25 litre containers side by side and dispense with DI (can switch it around easily as required).  Varistream pump pre set up to bypass pressure switch.  Pole holder (perhaps only suitable for small poles?).  Easy access to remove/change battery. It was pricey for a trolley at £850 but it does seem to have everything I personally would want from a trolley system.

Ive Tucker & the poles & brushes are great.

The jets are easy to sort. I heated some tube in hot water & pulled them through the jet hole, trimmed the tube then drilled new jet holes to the size i wanted, sorted.

Macc

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 11:00:38 pm »
Those large jets are apparently easy to make smaller. You just put a smaller tube inside the end. So people who have them have said(on here I did a search). So don't be put off.

Thanks for the info.
I did ask the guy if there was a way around it and he said not.  Just shows me that the sales people aren't always the best people to ask.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 08:28:32 am »
at the show some guys ask,whats the best wfp then,I said talk to all of them see wht you want,get the best deal ;D I would not say who your money your choice ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Biscute

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 08:43:31 am »
nothink realy impressed me at the show i was realy dissapointed, but i did get a realy nice sandwich, i cant remember what they called it but it had tuna fish and egg on it. I didnt realise when i first got it as i wouldnt have had it as it sounds rank, but after eating it i realised it was a top scoff.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 04:12:59 pm »
Agreed there wasn't much about window cleaning although what there was was interesting stuff.

Took a look at the Ionics Pro 10, good tool if you have the work suitable for the tool. Although I do a few shopping mall apex's and glass walls I would like to see this tool in action with a more in depth user history. Obviously that will come in time. I also met Craig as I had not had the pleasure, seemed a very nice guy and definately knew his stuff.

Spoke to The Window Cleaning Warehouse, nice guy's.  looking forward to trying out this new pole they are looking to promote.

Alan Matthews at Tucker was busier than ever.

Spoke to Mark at Window Cleaning Resources and tried out his software, definately worth a look at. Go to his website and take a look for yourselves.

Yes the French Maid and the two scantily clad young girls in black hot pants caught my eye as well as everyone else by the looks of it!

Came away with mixed feelings, was it worth the 2 hour drive, possibly, we will have to wait and see after the show when I speak to the guy's from the stands again.

Windex is obviously our showcase to look at.

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 04:23:08 pm »
 :o ::)

she did ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

H h20

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 06:03:09 pm »
Hey Terry,i was going to ask you there when i spoke to you on Wednesday,was she hired help or ......................?  ;D,
it was a pleasure meeting you by the way,
Gaz  ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 06:16:26 pm »
 ;DHEY GAZ what a girl I am ed over heels,but then who would not be,I just wished the show went on another couple of days or that all of us from here was staying at the same place over night for a grand p :-X :-X up ;D now that would be fun,

thanks to all that said Hi  because of the cleanitup site this year was the biggest turn out of wc for the contest every day
here is another pic of Emily  ::) dream on a ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

alwindows

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 08:06:52 pm »

I am interested in reading your comments in regards of the WFP trolley system  by the window cleaning warehouse in reference to the design and easily removable battery system.
I personally have designed and manufactured the Pureease trolley system just over a year ago which has been seen and purchased by WCW. I would be happy to discuss my design which I feel meets the needs of todays window cleaner's business in respect of moving over to ladder free work. I would be interested in finding out more about the WCW System and how close it comes to my original design!!!!??
 For further reference go to www.alwindowsystems. co.uk . which  provides  a trolley for 575.00

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 08:12:18 pm »
Hi Terry.

She was well fit, made up for the old bloke trading  :o