U.S. wfp USER

Super-Lite poles
« on: December 13, 2006, 10:49:18 pm »
Can anyone tell me about the Super-lite poles.  Pros, cons, etc.

It seems to be a great sectional pole.

Anyone have an opinion on what is a good telescoping pole in the 50-60' range.

Thanks.
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

DASERVICES

Re: Super-Lite poles
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:13:55 pm »
Hi dude as they say in the USA,

Here is the link from Gardners who sell them, if you do a search on this site you will find reveiws from customers which Gardners encourage it. Not many companys do that.

My opinion is they tell it straight, worth giving them a call in UK time or mail them :-

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

Doug

TDW

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 08:16:59 pm »
The favourites at the moment seem to be the supalite and the facelift(telescopic).

I went for the supalite over the facelift because it is lighter, more rigid and cheaper and this I felt outweighed the only small inconvenience of it being modular.

Hope that helps.

TDW

eddie d

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 09:32:39 pm »
what are the superlite poles like at an angle.what if the brush head gets snagged will the sections come apart ,how robust are they.

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 11:20:40 pm »
I would like to see a photo of the brush/gooseneck connection at the top of the pole.

Anyone have a photo of this?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

H h20

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 09:19:38 am »
I would like to see a photo of the brush/gooseneck connection at the top of the pole.

Anyone have a photo of this?
Here are a few pics of the thread end i fixed to my pole and the adjustable neck fitted to a lightweight 9 inch brush ideal for the carbon poles,Gaz

H h20

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 09:20:25 am »

Clear Vision

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 09:28:57 am »
Gaz, how you doing?

Please can you tell me how you fit the angle joint into the brush head? Do you screw vit in from the sides or do you just push it in tight?

Matthew

H h20

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 09:34:27 am »
Gaz, how you doing?

Please can you tell me how you fit the angle joint into the brush head? Do you screw vit in from the sides or do you just push it in tight?

Matthew
Hi Matt,i`m ok mate,that paticular brush is threaded so it just screws in,Gaz  ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 11:21:11 am »
Hi US wfp USER,

Here are some pictures of the Lightweight Aluminium gooseneck (registered design) that we use at the top of the Super-Lite poles.

The gooseneck simply push fits on top of the top section of the pole, and allows the brush head to be screwed onto the gooseneck.

I hope that this explains how it works

Alex

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 12:58:54 pm »
Thank you.

Does anyone have a photo of a 60' superlite in action?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 01:34:03 pm »
Can these pole be used at diffent heights or if you buy a 60' kit is it 60' or nothing.  Please explain how this can be done if so.

Thanks.
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

H h20

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 02:08:25 pm »
Can these pole be used at diffent heights or if you buy a 60' kit is it 60' or nothing.  Please explain how this can be done if so.

Thanks.
You just keep adding or taking off the sections to what ever height you need to work at,so if you buy a 60ft set up you just build it up to what ever height you want or if you only have work at 40ft you can always but the add on sections at a later date if you ever get any work higher,think about it the higher the work the higher you build your pole,Gaz

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 02:12:29 pm »
So the gooseneck will fit on to any section?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 04:13:39 pm »
Hi US wfp User,

You just remove the bottom sections and use at any height you want. My favourite height is at 22ft (4 sections) it weighs just 950g with brush and gooseneck and I can use this for hours at a time.

The gooseneck never jams on (the ends are pre-treated) and is very easy to remove and pack away.

Alex

TDW

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 04:56:49 pm »
Have to agree with Alex on the 4 sections. I originally bought the SL-35(6 sections) for some high stuff I picked up but but was going to continue with the universal 24 footer for my regular 3rd storey stuff. But I tried just 4 sections of the supalite and now I use it for everything above and second floor.
Great bit of kit. You wont regret buying one.

Previously I've found Wfping easy apart from when you get to 3rd floor and above. With the supalite its all easy. Thats the difference. I could only use the universal for so long.

I will say it needs abit of TLC, if you are abit accident prone then beware.

eddie d

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 09:47:42 pm »
what do you mean tlc ??? do you mean the pole is weak in some way .
is it possible for the sections to come apart when in use .??
also when used at an angle is it whippy or stiff .??
does it compare to the facelift poles .?
Dont seem to be getting any replys ALEX????
thx

TDW

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 10:16:31 pm »
Its just like anything that you have to take apart and put back together all the time. You need to do it carefully. But the extra time it takes is far outweighed by the benefits.

Also when you take a bottom sections off to use just the top 3 or 4 sections either take it back to the van or just make sure you dont step on it.

Thats all I meant by TLC. Nothing major just common sense. Maybe I'm abit too careful but it did cost abit!!

TDW

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 08:29:39 am »
Hi TDW,

Your not being too careful, it is always better to take care the pole will last even longer.

Hi Eddie,

used correctly the pole is not weak at all. Stepped on it's not so good!

Technically it would be possible for sections to come apart whilst in use, but in reality this would be near to impossible due to the nature of the Taper joints. The joints only strengthen there 'bond' whilst in use not the other way around.

The pole has a very high rigidity factor, less whippy than a facelift etc, because of its light weight I regularly use one on a job at an angle of 45 degrees at 35ft with great ease. In fact if I can't be bothered to take sections off (I am very lazy!!) I will sometimes do the odd ground floor windows with at a 90 degree angle! I use it for 4 hours on one commercial job at 40ft length, to do 3rd storey velux windows, this involves using it at 45 degrees for many hours, lifting it and moving at this angle between windows. My old Carbon fibre pole used to nearly break my back, but this ones leaves me feeling no pain/strain.

Alex

eddie d

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 06:52:11 pm »
thanks alex
im tempted

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 07:17:24 pm »
Alex, How do get the brush to clean ground floor at 90 degrees with a fixed head goose neck ?
Eddie, everyone will be sold once they realise that these new poles are "tommorrows world" heaven to use. Its just trying to explain in words thats the hard part.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 08:42:48 pm »
sideways!!

Chris A

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 08:52:42 pm »
Alex,
       I could play baseball with a section of the carbon tec and it still would not break.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 07:43:13 am »
Hi Chris,

Which is why at 45ft it weighs about 8kg, whereas a super-lite just 2.3kg. I know which I would use for baseball and which I would use for window cleaning!

Alex

Chris A

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 09:28:31 pm »
Alex ,
       Ok I'm sick of all these weight (my pole is lighter than yours) competitions, the unger pole suits me and has lasted 6 months of being trod on, tripped up on, being banged about all the time and it's showing no signs of wear  . I like it.
                                   Chris

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 10:24:13 pm »
Chris you may not like it in years to come when repetitive strain sets in!  :-\

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 10:51:57 pm »
My trusty Unger is over 10 years old, its a great piece of kit, served me well  but is now alas in a well earned  retirement on the garage rafters gathering dust - because I use a next generation Featherlite pole.
I remeber debates like this when 8 years ago everyone said you couldnt use a backpack or a wfp to clean windows  :)

Chris A

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 08:36:04 pm »
So does anyone like the carbon tec as much as I do?, I'm sure the fishing rods must catch the wind more because they are SO light. I think I can cope with the weight of the carbon tec at 60' it's not that heavy. I'm just off for a game of rounders so i'll let you know if the pole section survives.