Paul Coleman

Re: Tying ladders on the van
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 11:14:44 am »
Just a quick point on this subject.

You may or may not be aware, but if you use bungee's to secure your ladder to your vehicle and the ladders come off causing an accident, the police will report this method of securing and Insurance companies will NOT pay out!

As soon as you use your vehicle or ladders to earn a living you cross over into the business/industrial sector and therefore you should use either rope or ladder locks to secure them correctly to your vehicle.

Just thought I would mention it  ;)

Best wishes,

Trev

I'm wondering where my own preferred method would fall in this scenario.  I won't use bugees as I don't trust them but I do use quick release straps where the strap can only pull through one way.  I also use load stoppers to prevent sideways movement.  The metal clamps only go on so I can lock the ladder on at night.  This method has worked fine, without mishap, for many years.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 11:19:53 am »
I won't use bugees as I don't trust them
;D
Tried cockateals?

I use rope myself.
Never had any problems. (as long as they're tied on!)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 11:45:02 am »
I won't use bugees as I don't trust them
;D
Tried cockateals?

I use rope myself.
Never had any problems. (as long as they're tied on!)

Canaries are even better  :)

Trevor Knight

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 03:57:50 pm »
Trevor is back ::)

And your problem is???
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Trevor Knight

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 05:52:50 pm »
Rolling eye's, Trevor is back?

Maybe I have misunderstood your comment but it read as if to say, oh great, he's back?

Hence my posting.

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 05:59:29 pm »
Rolling eye's, Trevor is back?

Maybe I have misunderstood your comment but it read as if to say, oh great, he's back?

Hence my posting.

Trev

This communicating by text is funny stuff isn't it Trevor?  The way a message is read is usually more to do with how the recipient feels at the time than how the sender  meant it (though not always).  I got a totally different meaning from Pirate Jack's message - like it was a term of endearment for you.

stephen d

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 06:15:23 pm »
i always put the metal clamp on my drivers seat,that way you dont forget as there pretty uncomfortable to sit on.

jeff evans

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2006, 06:58:22 pm »
Hi steven

Thats a great idea :) dont use clamps but from now on will allways make sure my rope is shut inside the drivers door   8).

Cheers jeff