Crystal-clear

Waterworks very impressed.
« on: February 02, 2019, 09:32:04 am »
I've contacted all the major water fed pole installers.

They're all very nice professional and offer good services. But waterworks seems to have caught my eye. They're coming in the cheapest and they have electric reels in all their products. Also including a diesel heater.! Which will heat up the van during the cold nights no more frozen pipes. including underfloor rollers to enable you to work from a locked van £3,788 inc VAT.
The others no electric reels and no diesel heater
were coming in at 3900 including VAT 4500 including VAT 4850 inc although the higher quote here was speed lined so say 4500 again. Considering you're getting electric reels and a diesel heater. From waterworks it seems to be the best value for money.

What do you think of waterworks I think they seem really good. And I'm pretty impressed with the prices of course has anyone used them and would you recommend them
Check the video out looks really good
https://youtu.be/jo6btTOwXzQ

Re: Waterworks very impressed.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 09:58:54 am »
Few guys down here have his systems there all very happy I don’t use his systems I have grippa systems in my vans so I cannot comment directly

I’ve bought all our electric reels (6 now ) from Jordon and found him very contactable and helpful and when I wore the motor out on the first one the spare parts I needed were in the post same day even down to little tubes of heat shrink to refit motor safely

From dealings I’ve had with them there very helpful

Not much help but a start in gathering information

Crystal-clear

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 10:08:09 am »
Thanks no that's good to hear it's also good to hear how they support you if there is a problem that is one reason why I'm definitely going to choose a mainstream company. Grippatank being the more expensive seems very good as well but can I just ask considering the big price difference and extra equipment you get was there a reason why you went for grippa tank instead of waterworks?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 10:16:47 am »
The reason why I chose Grippa at time I was in the market is that their tanks are mira crash tested and recognised straight away by insurance companies without questions.  The design of the tank was the best design for weight distrubution for van handling.

Times have changed now so can't comment on the others these days.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

david mark

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 10:30:31 am »
There electric reels are good but there chain driven . Sometimes the hose slips over the side and can tangle around the chain & Spockets.
I think they are bringing out a new hose reel soom

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 01:24:12 pm »
I choose grippa as above

With guys working for you the grippa system is Mira crash tested and recognised when dealing with insurance companies so I’ve done my best to ensure there safety is paramount to me

Plus I prefer the design and know the designer of the tanks and frames I like the set up and the safety aspect when driving

I’m not a fan of flatter tanks as they can often bring air locks but they handle better in smaller vans they’ll always be aspects of one system you prefer over another but grippa ticked most of the box’s

I find Oliver is good to deal with when issues arise and they do there very best to sort things out and get you up and running

I choose the waterworks HD reel as there slimmer and perform well I’d had the hand cranked version for many years

mike1986

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 01:29:23 pm »

They're all very nice professional and offer good services. But waterworks seems to have caught my eye. They're coming in the cheapest and they have electric reels in all their products. Also including a diesel heater.! Which will heat up the van during the cold nights no more frozen pipes. including underfloor rollers to enable you to work from a locked van £3,788 inc VAT.
were coming in at 3900 including VAT 4500 including VAT 4850 inc although the higher quote here was speed lined so say 4500 again. Considering you're getting electric reels and a diesel heater. From waterworks it seems to be the best value for money.

What do you think of waterworks I think they seem really good. And I'm pretty impressed with the prices of course has anyone used them and would you recommend them

Where did you find this advertised with the diesel heater included? I can’t find anything on they’re website?

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 02:14:18 pm »
It's still 5 grand though.

What makes you want to spend that kind of money when you can do a d.i.y build for under a grand?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 02:16:33 pm »

Where did you find this advertised with the diesel heater included? I can’t find anything on they’re website?

I think he's talking about a deisel fan heater not the deisel hot water system which the later probably would be the better option with its frost protection system
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dd

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 02:18:31 pm »
Speedliner is a little over £700 for a transit size van. So I think you need to re-adjust your Grippa qoute to allow for this.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 03:26:29 pm »

that price WILL NOT  include a 9kw diesel hot water heater mate thats for sure......its too cheap......
price higher/work harder!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 03:52:39 pm »
Speedliner is a little over £700 for a transit size van. So I think you need to re-adjust your Grippa qoute to allow for this.

Grippa was around 4900 inc van size dispatch it was £500 inc or so so it goes down to around 4600 inc all with the same sort of reels. i see the benefit of grippa as well but im obviously loving the electric reels as too.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 03:54:27 pm »

that price WILL NOT  include a 9kw diesel hot water heater mate thats for sure......its too cheap......
no its a diesel thing that heats up back of van for £300 inc vat all i care about is taking the edge of on those days. it isn't a hot wash or anything of course those are what 7-8k inc.

dd

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 04:26:01 pm »

Grippa was around 4900 inc van size dispatch it was £500 inc or so so it goes down to around 4600 inc all with the same sort of reels. i see the benefit of grippa as well but im obviously loving the electric reels as too.
If you work it out on the Grippa website it is £750 incl VAT to speedline a dispatch.

dd

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 04:35:16 pm »
The Waterworks tank only looks to be bolted down on the sides. IMO it really needs bolting at the front and rear as this would be the critical points in most accidents, and the priority would be to stop the tank crushing the driver/passenger.

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 06:02:28 pm »

no its a diesel thing that heats up back of van for £300 inc vat all i care about is taking the edge of on those days. it isn't a hot wash or anything of course those are what 7-8k inc.

That’s a waste of dosh - £300 ( and then running costs? Diesel?) for something that keeps the back of your van warm .
I bought an oil filled rad which stops everything from freezing for about £40

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hd907-9q-freestanding-oil-filled-radiator-2000w/3730p

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 06:29:36 pm »

So when you buying one then ?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Crystal-clear

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 06:55:58 pm »

That’s a waste of dosh - £300 ( and then running costs? Diesel?) for something that keeps the back of your van warm .
I bought an oil filled rad which stops everything from freezing for about £40

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hd907-9q-freestanding-oil-filled-radiator-2000w/3730p

Trouble is this needs a power source? Unfortunately im not on ground floor.

Oh n smudger fingers crossed hopefully within 4 months obviously its a big investment so im taking my time and they are all aware ive got quotes from everyone its alot of money and they totally understand every quotes in writing and they all are good companys and excellent to speak too so which ever one i choose im sure itll be good.

I may do one of two things install in current main van or .then replace again with same parts n only pay labour trouble is i need to find the right dispatch first looks like 6.5k+vat.been informed a 30% deposit secures everything.

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 08:14:29 pm »
Great!

I’ll put a note in the diary and look forward to your review of the system and how well the install went

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Crystal-clear

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 08:19:40 pm »
Great!

I’ll put a note in the diary and look forward to your review of the system and how well the install went

Darran
Ha why not I definitely actually took your advice you said end of the day it pays to have it done properly and professionally. Rather than keep maintaining and spending on current old system
Looking forward to treating myself will be quite refreshing.