rich fraser

White transit connect stolen 7/10/17 Southampton
« on: October 07, 2017, 09:37:29 am »
My white 2009 Transit Connect has been stolen from my drive way around 3am last night. It looks as if the keys have been taken from just inside my front door. The theif also hit my Red Transporter and Audi taking it from the position it was parked. So there will be a good bit of red paint on the drivers side of the Transit. The roof rack has a regular double aluminium ladder and a large triple aluminium ladder on it. The triple is chained on with a motorcycle lock. There is also chevrons on the bottom half of the rear doors. Other than that the vans white with grey bumpers no sign writing. There’s a 500 litre grippa delivery system in the back, a slx25 and slx30. Two hose reels with wheels on them.
My wallet was also in the van and contactless payments were made in Fratton, Portsmouth this morning.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Rich

Simon Trapani

Re: White transit connect stolen 7/10/17 Southampton
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 09:49:00 am »
Feel for you pal. Hopefully insurance will all work out good.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 10:01:48 am »
My white 2009 Transit Connect has been stolen from my drive way around 3am last night. It looks as if the keys have been taken from just inside my front door. The theif also hit my Red Transporter and Audi taking it from the position it was parked. So there will be a good bit of red paint on the drivers side of the Transit. The roof rack has a regular double aluminium ladder and a large triple aluminium ladder on it. The triple is chained on with a motorcycle lock. There is also chevrons on the bottom half of the rear doors. Other than that the vans white with grey bumpers no sign writing. There’s a 500 litre grippa delivery system in the back, a slx25 and slx30. Two hose reels with wheels on them.
My wallet was also in the van and contactless payments were made in Fratton, Portsmouth this morning.
Thanks in advance.
Rich

As a fellow Southampton resident, sorry to hear it.  Whereabouts?

I know the horse has bolted but for others on here, this is why you need to keep your keys away from your front door.  It's just too easy to get through a letter box with a cane and your vehicle's gone.

Hope it turns up.  Fratton, eh? That's a surprise.

Vin

rich fraser

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 10:08:07 am »
I’m in Sarisbury Green. On the outskirts of Southampton.

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 12:23:02 pm »
Sorry to hear that.

Please contact us on Monday morning with the system order details and we will register it on our system as stolen and see if we can support you with our fleet of courtesy vehicles.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

rich fraser

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 03:18:23 pm »
Sorry to hear that.

Please contact us on Monday morning with the system order details and we will register it on our system as stolen and see if we can support you with our fleet of courtesy vehicles.

Thanks Grippatank. I’ll be in touch.

Delta

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 03:32:13 pm »
Sorry to hear that.

No that's customer service for you!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 12:49:26 pm »
Thanks in advance.
Rich

hope you get it back mate but leaving your wallet in the van and keys just inside your front door?really?you obviously didnt have your house robbed a few times when you were a kid then like me or else you d have an in built security mindset which would never allow you to do such things.
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 05:10:58 pm »
Dazmond ... not very subtle. Does the OP really need it spelled out like your having a dig?
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 05:18:48 pm »
Dazmond ... not very subtle. Does the OP really need it spelled out like your having a dig?

sorry GOLD maybe it was a bit harsh in hindsight.

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 10:02:19 pm »
Not really Daz , dont feel bad mate , we all know what kind of scum is out there , a lesson should have been learnt here , we have all seen that dude at the letterbox with wire , and who in there right mind leaves the wallet in the vehicle ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

rich fraser

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 10:13:13 pm »
Not really Daz , dont feel bad mate , we all know what kind of scum is out there , a lesson should have been learnt here , we have all seen that dude at the letterbox with wire , and who in there right mind leaves the wallet in the vehicle ?

Because when you occasionally have visitors  in your home with mental health problems. That have been known to be lite fingered. My locked van has to be safest place.
hope you get it back mate but leaving your wallet in the van and keys just inside your front door?really?you obviously didnt have your house robbed a few times when you were a kid then like me or else you d have an in built security mindset which would never allow you to do such things.
[/quote]

No offence taken Daz. You’re not wrong. I did grow up most of my life on a some what pooty council estate but never got robbed! I’ll be double checking everything is locked and put away from now on.

The police found the van today! Not been able to see it myself yet as it’s in a compound awaiting forensics. Hopefully my equipment is still in the back. Police tell me only one set of ladders were left on the roof when they found the van, fortunately it was triples. It was locked so they couldn’t take a look in the back for me.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 10:25:47 pm »
hopefully good news then rich.

best wishes mate

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 03:38:39 pm »
Glad it's been found - hope the recovery works out and that your kit's in there.

Good luck!

Vin

Michael Peterson

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 04:05:46 pm »
That’s sweet sweet news my van never came back but it’s all but  forgotten about now ! Really really happy for you bro that’s very good news I’m sure your kit will be in the back still

rich fraser

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 09:34:50 am »
Finally got to see the van today. Looks like it’s been in a derby! The thieves had taken;

Two sets of ladders, doubles and tripples
Two wheeled hose reels
SLX25
SLX30
Shallow blue window cleaning bucket with two sets of ettore brass squegee and applicator
Two Gardiner 100psi pumps
Two flow controllers

If your offered any of this equipment in the Portsmouth or surrounding areas please let me know.

Thanks in adavance.

matty72

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 12:57:29 pm »
Hi Rich, I live close to you in Titchfield common, if I see or hear anything would let you know, if there's anything I can do to help ya out let me know my number is 07787702735. My neighbour said the other day a lot of vans are getting broke into round here at moment.

Matty

duncan h

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 09:06:56 pm »
pumps and controllers are an odd thing to take. I wonder if it was a fellow window cleaner.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 08:17:13 am »
Finally got to see the van today. Looks like it’s been in a derby! The thieves had taken;

Two sets of ladders, doubles and tripples
Two wheeled hose reels
SLX25
SLX30
Shallow blue window cleaning bucket with two sets of ettore brass squegee and applicator
Two Gardiner 100psi pumps
Two flow controllers

If your offered any of this equipment in the Portsmouth or surrounding areas please let me know.

Thanks in adavance.

Buggers.

Will do. That's lot's only worth anything to other windies so if I hear anything I'll let you know.

Vin

rich fraser

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 10:15:53 am »
Thanks for all your offers of support guys. It’s much appreciated. 👍