Jakey boy

And this jakey boy.........

Is what happens when you show your van on CIU.

Haha.

Tidy van btw. Really smart a clean looking. Really like it.

As goes for payload your absoloutely fine with 500 in it id say. No worries at all. When it's full to the brim then yes you will be overweight, but I would say the majority of window cleaners on ciu are overweight first thing in a morning with there tank brimmed.

Best option for everyone is to go to a weigh bridge if there unsure. Don't crucify someone for taking time to show his van.

Thanks mate! Good points, most people are probably overweight to start with, good news is we quickly lose weight after the first 2 hours!

Jakey boy

Is the tank frame pop riveted together?

Yeah mate it is

They probably would lee, but to be honest I'm not gonna worry, the only movement I get would be accelerating hard, which I never do, everyone would be in trouble with all there equipment and tank in an accident!

Are you confident that they wouldn't shear off in an accident?

Jakey boy

Including driver and fuel or passenger?

Never have a passenger, always run low fuel, nearly always have 500 litres in tank, everything is good, vans always been spot on, nothing to worry about, except some of you lot who need a job in health and safety!  ::)roll

Jakey boy

Just for the record guys, most of us are sensible enough with a heavy load to be fine and dandy, with 500litres I am way under payload, you've all seen the van, there is nothing in it other than the essentials, it's a minimalist van, and does a very good job, so can we leave the weight thing alone, We all see windies go around with combos and the like with 500-600 litres of water on board and a two man system,  these are the guys that need a weight check!

Total shine cleaning services

Excellent set up Jake, had similar but had to get a bigger van in the end to cover all the extra services we do, miss my connect tho, when we get big commercials to do or large solar jobs we take a Merlin and di with us and generate water on site, just an idea for some of you

Graham

jimmy boots

Nice, Clean Tidy setup mate. ..and yes, bit of shelving up one side for exta bits and bobs  :)

dazmond

thanks for taking the time to do a video jakey boy.nice tidy van but i have to agree a 750L tank IMO is ridiculous in a van this size with a 900kg payload!

its not just that you ll be massively overweight with a full tank and all your other stuff but the strain on the suspension/clutch etc.

i reckon im on the limit in the morning with a full 500L tank and all my other gear.nice tidy van all the same though pal. ;)

still prefer my set up though.i love having hot water in the winter months!each to their own and all that! ;D

also i noticed how bad your hands look!do you not wear gloves when working?mine are like office boys hands now!you wouldnt even know i worked outside doing a manual job!when i didnt wear gloves i was always getting little cuts and ground carbon into my skin.also pure water dried my hands out really badly.
price higher/work harder!

Jakey boy

thanks for taking the time to do a video jakey boy.nice tidy van but i have to agree a 750L tank IMO is ridiculous in a van this size with a 900kg payload!

its not just that you ll be massively overweight with a full tank and all your other stuff but the strain on the suspension/clutch etc.

i reckon im on the limit in the morning with a full 500L tank and all my other gear.nice tidy van all the same though pal. ;)

still prefer my set up though.i love having hot water in the winter months!each to their own and all that! ;D

also i noticed how bad your hands look!do you not wear gloves when working?mine are like office boys hands now!you wouldnt even know i worked outside doing a manual job!when i didnt wear gloves i was always getting little cuts and ground carbon into my skin.also pure water dried my hands out really badly.

Hands are fine mate, don't not what you saw! Must have been the sun reflecting.

Again I nearly always have 500litres , all is good!!!

Jakey boy

Dazmond, all the video was for was to show that there is space for a pressure washer, and that has been achieved, I'm gonna go and get a 1000 litre tank now just to annoy the health and saftey poo pooers on here!  ;D the clutch is fine, pull away carefully when heavy laden, plus as stated a million times I only have 500 litres or less 9 times out of 10.

I even states that in the video, 500 litres is a normal day to day load!

Clever Forum Name

Not bad setup at all. I would sleeve the cable that goes up to the solar panel in case it rubs on the metal. Would have plonked the battery in a box for the sake of a few quid.

Would have like to have seem some gauges like mine.

One shot i would have traced the door loom so it looked neater.

madness on the 750 tank. Even if it is brimmed a few days only.

Matt.

Jakey boy ........ That's a sound little set up that mate.
Prob the smartest one on here, you have everything in the right place,and like you says at the start....... Plenty of space for your pressure washer, even the wife has just told me to take a leaf out of your book so well done mate.

Smart little set up.

I'd never heard of tec screws before, just googled them ! thanks for sharing, I've learnt something ! :)

ray mck

Cheers for the video, it helps a lot👍

Jakey boy

Not bad setup at all. I would sleeve the cable that goes up to the solar panel in case it rubs on the metal. Would have plonked the battery in a box for the sake of a few quid.

Gauges?

Tracing door loom not a good idea, it needs movement when door is opening and closing, there is a lot of slack when door is closed, also it's easy for me to move it if needed, which I have done once already, it's better for everything to be easy to access, on my opinion, and it's my van, so I'm happy.  :)

Rubbing on metal? Not on a million years, it's very light and loose, doesn't rub at all.

Madness on the 750 litre tank? No not mad just a a good size that can be filled with 750 litres if necessary, and 500 litres is fine, the van is fine with 750 in it, however I will bare it in mind and Perhaps use a small ro on site if needed.

Batteru in box, no need it's fast for me to recharge and use solar panel with an open battery, also means I can check voltage frequently and easily.

Last but not least, you sir, are the most annoying bloke on this forum!  ;D

Jakey boy

Jakey boy ........ That's a sound little set up that mate.
Prob the smartest one on here, you have everything in the right place,and like you says at the start....... Plenty of space for your pressure washer, even the wife has just told me to take a leaf out of your book so well done mate.

Smart little set up.

Thanks, appreciate it!

Clever Forum Name

Gauges?

Tracing door loom not a good idea, it needs movement when door is opening and closing, there is a lot of slack when door is closed, also it's easy for me to move it if needed, which I have done once already, it's better for everything to be easy to access, on my opinion, and it's my van, so I'm happy.  :)

Rubbing on metal? Not on a million years, it's very light and loose, doesn't rub at all.

Madness on the 750 litre tank? No not mad just a a good size that can be filled with 750 litres if necessary, and 500 litres is fine, the van is fine with 750 in it, however I will bare it in mind and Perhaps use a small ro on site if needed.

Batteru in box, no need it's fast for me to recharge and use solar panel with an open battery, also means I can check voltage frequently and easily.

Last but not least, you sir, are the most annoying bloke on this forum!  ;D

Oh must have hit a nerve lol  ;) ;D