wightsurf

HELP !!! Wooden window frames WFP & Quote
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:14:45 pm »
Hi all
can anyone tell me,will i be able to WFP wooden painted frames.There not in bad condition from what i can tell. Is it a case of rinse a lot more?
There is about 80 windows in all, range in size from small to six large bay windows,some of which you have to go up a ladder then Wfp as three storeys high above flat roof.
I was thinking of a quote at about £160.00 for the fist clean what do you think?

regards Martin :)

williamx

Re: HELP !!! Wooden window frames WFP & Quote
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 10:25:09 pm »
The problems that you can have with painted frames is

The paint might flake, which is a pain because bits of paint stick to the glass and the brush head.

The paint could run down the glass leaving a milky substance on the glass.

What you will need to do is really scrub the frames from the top to the bottom floor, when you reach the bottom go back to the top and clean only the glass.

Also use plenty of water on the first clean.  Rinsing is the key for a first class clean.

craig jwc

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 10:30:52 pm »
Same advice as Williamx.

If you can turn your flow rate up you will rince any flakes of paint off the glass easier.

After a few visits you will find alot of the loose paint will have been removed by you just scrubbing them.

Craig

wightsurf

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 10:36:00 pm »
Thanks for the advice .
But do you think 160.00 sounds about right for the first clean.As i think i have been not doing my quotes right ( new to this you see)

Thnaks Martin

williamx

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 10:39:33 pm »
I don't like the idea of climbing a ladder, but the price seems fair.

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 10:46:40 pm »
Nor me but it's a huge flat roof with another three storeys above it.Once i'm up there i'll be safe as long as i don't fall off the sides that is ::)

williamx

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 10:50:08 pm »
If it was me, I would either rope off the area if poss or have someone else up there looking after my back.