ronaldo

Trolley systems and garages
« on: March 24, 2006, 11:53:32 pm »
Where properties only have access via going over a garage roof to get to the rear do you still leave your trolley unattended and risk the chance of it being stolen whilst you are cleaning the backs. Or do you do the rears traditionally???
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Re: Trolley systems and garages
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 11:58:47 pm »
Hi Ranoldo

You could purchase a backpack for doing the rear of houses and leave ur trolly system in your van.

Hope that helps

Andrew

ronaldo

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 12:07:04 am »
Hi 24/7 i had thought of this because this is how my freind gets around it but its like everything else its how much money do you keep spending. I have even contemplated taken my dog with me and tying him to the trolley while i climb over.

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 12:28:30 am »
Depending in what kind of area your working in, i would put your trolley back in your vehicle but you know your own area. ???

Theives will take anything :o >:(

If you have a backpack half fill it and take it over the garage

regards

Brett

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 08:01:32 am »
This is part of my arguement that I have made in the past. when you work trad you pick your customers according to your needs and what suits your method of working.
When you switch to WFP those same customers may not suit your new method of working and rear access is one of the things likely to be a problem.
There are other things like WFP doesn't suit old wooden frames etc so its not just about access.
The ruthless answer is dump those customers and go and find new customers who do fit in with your WFP. Thats if you are prepared to do that.
Otherwise you will get bogged down with problems and the advantage is lost.

matt

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 10:08:45 am »
i had a fellow window cleaner try and nick my system

i was in a house having a cuppa of coffee and the trolley was across the road to the house, said window cleaner reverses van up to house, and opens back doors, i watched it happen, and was very shocked, to this, i ran out of the house, the guys mate saw me and they both drove off

i now leave the trolley around the rear of a house

so if i have a house i do by hand at the rear, i park the trolley at the rear of the next house

Ian_Giles

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 10:22:34 am »
Strewth! :o
You must live in a really rough area if someone will have it away on their toes while you are actually using your system :o

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 10:32:58 am »
stick a cycle alarm on it, they are cheap and loud.

£4.49
http://www.thencr.co.uk/new/alarm.htm

ronaldo

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 11:04:19 am »
Hi Jouk that sounds like a great idea how do these cycle alarms work???

david wood

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 11:58:55 am »
yes i had a simpler alarm on a motor bike a few years back mine was like a spirit levil buble inside and any movement and the bubble would move and set the alarm of it was fitted at the back of the number plate only very small aswell would be great on a trollie its a sad world though haveing to secure everything

wightsurf

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 02:02:24 pm »
Why not set up your trolley in the car run your hose pipe out the lenght you want it undo your car window one & half inches put your hose out throw the window, do the window up a little. The only way they will nick it know is to smash the window,no different as to you leave it in the car to do trad. ;D

ronaldo

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 02:30:37 pm »
Thats a good idea to wightsurf i have got 2 small windows on the rear of my truckman top so i could feed a hose through there. What size length of hose would you recommend i carry and would it be better to buy one on a reel??

dai

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 03:44:13 pm »
i had a fellow window cleaner try and nick my system
I wouldn't put it past yobs or druggies; But a fellow window cleaner.
I wonder if his customers know that their window cleaner is a thieving bas7ard.
Dai

matt

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 03:45:18 pm »
Strewth! :o
You must live in a really rough area if someone will have it away on their toes while you are actually using your system :o

Ian

Ian, how wrong you can be, the area i live is the most sought after in the county (thats according to the times newspaper)

The area i was cleaning is a VERY posh area just outside bath, very well to do people and the house prices are sky high

the guy and his lad were just chancers i guess

wightsurf

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 04:08:46 pm »
 HI Ronaldo
Try this it's very good you can get twice as much on a reel as if you were using standard hose pipe .

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

Its up to you how much you need (HOW FAR DO YOU WANT TO GO)

you can join two hoses together with a hose lock fitting if you need extra .

Regards Martin