DJCcleaning

What pole for ground floor???
« on: March 23, 2006, 11:37:11 pm »
Hi all,

I plan on ordering 2 gardiner pole tommorow, one 35foot pole and one 18foot pole.

I notice that on their site they dont sell short poles for cleaning ground floor windows, unless you order a custome made one which works out more expencive that the larger poles.

What poles do all you guys use for cleaning the ground floor and if possible, could you point me in the right direction of a website.

Thank you all once again. ;)

Paul Coleman

Re: What pole for ground floor???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 11:53:33 pm »
Hi all,

I plan on ordering 2 gardiner pole tommorow, one 35foot pole and one 18foot pole.

I notice that on their site they dont sell short poles for cleaning ground floor windows, unless you order a custome made one which works out more expencive that the larger poles.

What poles do all you guys use for cleaning the ground floor and if possible, could you point me in the right direction of a website.

Thank you all once again. ;)

I have an Omnipole 2 x 3 feet and an Ionics 2 x 2 feet.  I prefer the Omnipole for three reasons.  Firstly I can reach further with it.  This is useful on certain jobs.  Secondly, I prefer the smaller holes in the jets on the Omnipole.  It may not be everyones preference but I find this easier to work with.  Thirdly, Omnipole seem to give a lot more spare length on the clear hose.
Like a lot of things on this forum, I am merely stating a personal preference.  Your preferences may differ from mine.

DJCcleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 12:01:25 am »
thanks for your reply,  I will take a look.

Anyone else  :)

gaza

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 12:11:07 am »
I  have a tucker mini pole with an overhead rince, but at around £210 squid I wont be buying another,with the amount of interest shown Brett and myself at Windex.
iM NOT A BIIG LOVER OF iONICS BUT THEIR LITTLE MINI POLE IS GOOD VALUE AT ABOUT £69.

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

steve k

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 06:09:17 am »
got to be the easiest thing to make a small pole...if you have an old pole you want to replace, why not saw off the length you want from the first section. Even fixing a wfp brush to a length of broom handle, cable tie the hose to handle and you have it.
I`ve even seen what is really just the brush head and hose with 12 inches handhold attached to use on ground floors.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 07:43:10 am »
Hi DJC,

We can make up a Mono-pole for the ground floor windows. We have not got round to putting this on the website but it is very popular and have made up several for our clients. We can provide these between 4-6ft in a single pole section with a brushead on top. We make this up with a side exiting bottom hose so that there is virtually nothing that can wear out.

We personally use one in a 5ft length it's amazing the windows that can be reached with this pole.

Give us a ring and we can add it to youor order, the cost is £40 complete with hose and connector.

Alex

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 08:00:03 am »

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 08:50:34 am »

I just use my 18ft pole to do bottoms, easy to use unless you are in an alleyway.
  The way i get around this is to clean the window with my pole coming from the
  side.

Having to change poles all the time put me off a smaller pole.

Doug

steve k

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 09:22:56 am »
me too on occasion...great on sheeting patio doors ;)

Archy136

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 09:39:12 am »
I've got that one from Ionics (2x2)which I hardly use for the same reason as above. Its easier just to use the pole that I'm using for the tops. I have a 4x4 carbon fibre which does the tops fine but is also neeble for downstairs.

You can make me an offer on the 2x2 if you're interested.

Archie

Morph

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 09:56:07 am »
I use ionics 2x2.  It's stuck fast, extended at about 3 ft, but that is ideal for me.  I use it on all ground floor, mainly because the brush is so good.  Can you love a brush?  I do :(  It cleans right into the corners, and if I get the flow right no need to rinse.

matt

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 11:34:23 am »
unger handy henry or whatever its called

DJCcleaning

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 05:15:35 pm »
Thanks for all the help!!!  ;)

Hi DJC,

We can make up a Mono-pole for the ground floor windows. We have not got round to putting this on the website but it is very popular and have made up several for our clients. We can provide these between 4-6ft in a single pole section with a brushead on top. We make this up with a side exiting bottom hose so that there is virtually nothing that can wear out.

We personally use one in a 5ft length it's amazing the windows that can be reached with this pole.

Give us a ring and we can add it to youor order, the cost is £40 complete with hose and connector.

Alex

I placed my order for a 38' 18' and a 5' pole just a few moments ago!  ;D

brett walker

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 09:32:25 pm »
I've got that one from Ionics (2x2)which I hardly use for the same reason as above. Its easier just to use the pole that I'm using for the tops. I have a 4x4 carbon fibre which does the tops fine but is also neeble for downstairs.

You can make me an offer on the 2x2 if you're interested.

Archie

Hi Archie

is your 2x2 ionics mini pole still for sale?  Is it fitted with ionics black brush would you please let me know how much you want for it brett_walker@hotmail.co.uk

thanks

Brett

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 10:12:00 pm »
This is why I stay with my unger telepole with the hose running up the outside. Like Steve K I have just sawn off 600mm an old unger ali pole, drilled two holes in it (where the brush handle clips in.) and I just unclip the brush from my unger to the short pole for downstairs.
It's a game of three halves!

wightsurf

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 01:56:17 pm »
Hi i  bought a cheap pole from B & Q ,3 x 4ft= 12 ft over all, realy nice for ground floor and some first floor as well . Gets into those tight spaces realy well .

Martin