Ian_Giles

Birds going splatt!
« on: March 23, 2006, 07:23:17 pm »
A week or so ago I read an article in one of the newspapers of an owl that had flown into a woman's patio window.
It left an absolutely perfect surrealistic outline of the owl, with it's wings outstretched on the ouside of the window.
The paper had a top class photo of it too, you could see the feathers, the shape of the face..perfect!
A few days after reading this I was about to start cleaning the windows on a local car showroom I do....

And there in front of me, and for the first time I have ever seen the like, was a perfect outline of an owl with wings outstretched on the window I was about to clean!! :o
I tried to take a photo of it for prosperity with the camera on my phone, but it wasn't up to the task :-\
Maybe I should have rang Squeaky, he has a cracking camera and is a good photographer too ;)

Yesterday I did another account, a bungalow this time, and low and behold there is another bird outline :o
A pigeon this time...wings outstretched. ;D

I just can't believe that I read in the paper about something I have never seen before and within a week and a half I've witnessed two such identical events for myself!
I've seen the 'splodge' marks of a sparrow or a robin or somesuch, so I don't mean that kind of thing.
Was just so cool to see it!

So who else has seen the same kind of thing?

Or something else of an unusual nature they wish they could have taken a photo of for prosperity??

I wish I wasn't the one that washed it off the glass!! :'(

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Re: Birds going splatt!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 07:26:20 pm »
I have seen this quite often on my round not owls though! probably more like pigeons!! ;D

gsw

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 07:27:30 pm »
we had an owl on the patio window of a house we were renting two years ago, it was a perfect outline and was there for 2 months despite the window cleaner coming every 4 weeks!! (prepaid by the owner!)

wish i had taken a picture!
greg

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 07:31:45 pm »
funny that i have had 3 of them since christmas,
usualy only see 1 every year.

Dave

MNWC

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 08:22:48 pm »
How About this one,
Cleaning a bungalow last month, heard a bit of a scrabbling noise looked round and there, not three foot away was a male peacock these are big birds, and i dont mind telling you i was a bit weary.

Anyway, finished the job went to get paid, told the lady "did you know youve got a peacock in your garden" i said nervously, to which she spun round and shouted back in the house " bob, percys back" apparently he knocks on the patio doors when hes a bit peckish  ::) (not bob, the peacock !)

craig jwc

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 08:28:23 pm »
2 Townhouses i did last week and a Flat had marks on window where birds had flown into them.
The woman in one of the townhouses said this bird kept flying into the window then back to the tree, over and over again.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 08:48:38 pm »
 ;D
I like the Peacock one ;)

Maybe the bird that Craig saw was a goldfish in a previous life...only had a memory of a few seconds ;D
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 10:42:59 pm »
I get these from time to time on the glass usually something large like a crow or pigeon.

You never see the dead birds though only the silhouette of the bird.

Paul

Roy Harding

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 10:56:00 pm »
I was up the ladder one day cleaning and felt somthing hit my back and looked as I turned around a house martin had landed on me. Show I cant be too fast with a squeegee, it must have thought me a tree. ;D

Roy

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 11:45:31 pm »
I was up the ladder one day cleaning and felt somthing hit my back and looked as I turned around a house martin had landed on me. Show I cant be too fast with a squeegee, it must have thought me a tree. ;D

Roy

I was up the ladder once when there was a bang right next to my head.  A bird had flown into the glass right next to me and landed on my shoulder.  It fell to earth and was dead on arrival.  Another time I was extending my ladder and a pigeon flew straight into it.  It survived for about a minute before breathing its last on the front lawn.  I have seen a few dead birds next to patio doors over the years.  Apparently this doesn't happen when they have a leaded pattern as they can then see the window.
Maybe I was a cat in a previous life.

gaza

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 12:03:59 am »
 CLIMBING UP MY LADDER I KEPT HEARING A BANGING NOISE,aT THE TOP OF MY LADDER,  I LOOKED THROUGH THE WINDOW, AND SAW THIS POOR LITTLE BIRD DYING :'(
WELL I THOUGHT THIS BIRD WAS DYING CUS ALL I COULD HEAR WAS

GOD IM COMING ,YES YES IM COMING ,OH GOD IM THERE
SO I TOOK SHE DIED AND WENT TO GOD.

GAZA ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO