Allways Cleaning

Ro tds readings
« on: March 22, 2006, 06:37:00 pm »
Hi all need your input on this one. Just started up my ro system, and measured tds on input etc. tap water 275ppm waste 363ppm output 002ppm! that was before i added the di. it now measurers 000ppm! ;D would you think i need to add the di as i can allready get 002ppm? just thought it would save me a few pennies. but i do find it takes 5 mins or so to make 1ltr! is that reasonable? so over 24 hours depending on water pressure i should get around 280ltrs or so  :D hope to have enough water to try out my wfp trolley when i get home tomorrow.... at last!
I would also like to say a special thank you to Andrew McCann, as my ro sprung a leak yesterday afternoon in testing. Andrew sent a spare part and it arrived today, fitted and now not leaking. Now that is very good. thank you.

happy bunny looking forward to a window cleaning business

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Re: Ro tds readings
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 06:54:00 pm »
Paul,

What size is your RO?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

sair

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:24:54 pm »
no no no  allways 000  yes you can get away with slighty higher reading and we have all done  but you will allways get best results at 000
Essentially Pure Ltd

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 07:29:01 pm »
Hiya Paul

Glad you got that part and its all OK now :)

Sounds like you have good water pressure and that your RO is working at peak efficiency regarding TDS removal. It can take a day ot two for the membranes to open up properly sometimes so you may find your output increasing. Mind you the water is very cold at the moment so your 280 ltrs isn't bad at all.

It's always best to polish off with DI. Yes you could work with 2 PPM but it's always best to use 000 if poss. You can then hand on heart tell your customers you are using absolutely pure water. Anyway at 2 PPM a bag of resin is going to last you forever.. well .. maybe not forever but it really will only be pennies you will save. You will get 250000 ltrs from a bag of resin.. work that one out.

Cheers

Andrew

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 07:59:16 pm »
Hi David, I have a 100 gpd unit ro-man triple pod with membrane housing.
Sair, hear what you say will connect di when i go out to customers but am filling water container as we speak to practice on me own windows first. Andrew 250k ltrs from a bag of resin blimey thats lots! tommorow is d day for me, so cant wait to get home. thank you for your replys.

paul

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 08:03:53 pm »
<< Waits for Paul,s calls saying  " WFP is a nightmare "  ;D

Paul... remember.. 1st time with WFP... rinse.. rinse and rinse again  :)

Frames 1st.. then the glass  :)

Andrew

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:22:51 pm »
Hi Andrew, mmm thats good to know, instructions dont tell you HOW to wash windows. It going to be a steep learning curve hope not to make too many mistakes. but with the wealth of information on here should have a good chance i hope  ::)
note to self......frames 1st then the glass..frames 1st then the glass..
thank you     ;D
paul

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 10:09:41 pm »
Paul and Andrew,

Interesting post as I have just (Tue eve) instaled a 100gpd RO and was pleasentley suprised to note that out of the membrame is 001 and 000 out of the DI.
But.....
It has been running for 24 hours now and I have only about 160 - 170ltrs of pure?!

Andrew, will this get better?  I hope so

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 10:47:21 pm »
Hiya David

It could get better. I suspect you may have marginal water pressure though.

The water temperature is very low as I have already said and this can make quite a difference to output. As a general rule of thumb I use the first digit of this type of Ro's number and multiply it by 3 to give an "average" expected output. It seems to work out about right. At decent water pressure given how cold the water is I reckon anything above 250 ltrs per 24 hrs out of the 100 GPD is acceptable. In the summer I would expect that figure to be more like 350 ltrs.

Hope this helps David.

Andrew

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 07:17:06 am »
Andrew,

Thankyou for your advice,

Paul,

The leak you got......not by ant chance a broken connector between the pre filtres?
If so the same happened to me!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 06:04:26 pm »
hi david yes it was the connector between the containers. tried my wfp today water doesnt last long got me tube on the pole caught on everything lots of technique required here to get quicker.  hourly rate not too high. but going to keep trying on relatives and friends. must say windows dont look half bad few spots. did downstairs with pure water no suds the old blade squeeks alot finished with microfibre. on the hole blooming good.
paul