Re: ATV Sprayer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 05:39:39 pm »
Depends, this one was for sale at £195,

But I have found them on the internet for £75+Vat

http://www.northerntooluk.com/product/default.asp?id=4400

However they say it's not suitable

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 05:48:23 pm »
Just phoned them up, they say pump not sufficient to get height wanted.

But alot use 60psi sureflo?

mark6765

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 05:53:24 pm »
might be ok.
some backpacks work well with a 40psi pump

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 05:57:25 pm »
That's what I told them. Is it something to do with the bore of pipe?

matt

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 06:09:39 pm »
they do work fine, some1 on here used 1 for a while

they mount on those garden sack trolley things very well

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 06:20:59 pm »
So for £75 + VAT its ok

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 06:24:02 pm »
I've seen one in use, mounted on a four-wheels sack-truck, with 30 metres hose and reel bolted on top.  It looked very professional; I thought it was 'shop built' and this particular day was the first day he was using it. 

But the next day, I saw the same guy back using his back-pack.

(Alan, if you read this, please comment).

But I reckon you'd need a van to carry it.  It could be okay as a small tank for a car.

There's no problem with a 60 psi pump, it's how you're going to use the tank.

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 06:42:03 pm »
Were looking into a van anyway, 16L for backpack seems too little water.

dai

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 06:51:21 pm »
Yes there was a posting on here a while back under "bargain tank" Gaz bought one and so did I. I havn't use it yet, it's in the garage sitting on a four wheel truck. Dai

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 06:55:18 pm »
Were looking into a van anyway, 16L for backpack seems too little water.

The Shurflo holds 18 litres, or am I splitting hairs here?

Your WFP kit's usefullness depends on weight, access and hose type and length.

The Shurflo is a safe bet, because it will absolutely go anywhere you can go.  But it does have it's limitations.  It's water carrying capacity isn't great, but it will clean twelve to fifteen good sized windows comfortably.  Twenty if you're carefull; with a bit of practice.

There's a couple of simple things you can do to ensure you've water handy.  Distribute barrels at strategic points for example.

Van-mounted systems are great too.  But they also have their limitations with regard to access issues.  Can you park where you need to park?  Then you'll have to move the van (maybe) during certain stages of your work.

Ideally, you have both.

matt

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 07:04:05 pm »
it would be great in a van with a leisure battery

when your tank is empty, move the hose to a 125 L or 250 L tank

jobs a good un

it would also be fairly handy on the backseat of a car (with seat belts on to hold it safe)

Seers

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 07:05:32 pm »
One of our vans uses one of these tanks from northern tool, we bought it over a year or so ago and
it works fine. We've had no problem with it, but from memory I think it's only been used up to third floor windows.

Cheers,

Huw.

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 07:18:21 pm »

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 07:22:03 pm »
One of our vans uses one of these tanks from northern tool, we bought it over a year or so ago and
it works fine. We've had no problem with it, but from memory I think it's only been used up to third floor windows.

Cheers,

Huw.

Was it this one?

als_cleaning

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 07:45:55 pm »
Hi Tosh, I guessed you might think I had given up on trolley but i was using the backpack to get access through the house. I'm realy pleased with how its working out. I was talking to the bloke at williamsons pumps about the varistream and could I use it with the pump that came with the atv tank from northern tools? He said I could and the reason northern tools state "not recomended for window cleaning" was they got loads of pumps back because the pressure switches were burning out due to cycling. fitting a varistream solves the problem. If I knew how I'd post a picture. This forum is a mine of imformation ! I have learned a lot from you guys and would be glad to share any ideas i get, Al's cleaning. ;D

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 08:21:10 pm »

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=663&osCsid=4b42d8d0ef5f702740c33b10914ddb7a

Ah,

The Shurflo has a 16 Litre mark on it, but that's three or four inches from the top.

Obviously if you're using it to spray crops with a pesticide, you don't want to fill it to the brim in case of spillage.

But with pure water it's fine.  It holds 18 litres at least.

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 08:24:09 pm »
Hi Tosh, I guessed you might think I had given up on trolley but i was using the backpack to get access through the house. I'm realy pleased with how its working out. I was talking to the bloke at williamsons pumps about the varistream and could I use it with the pump that came with the atv tank from northern tools? He said I could and the reason northern tools state "not recomended for window cleaning" was they got loads of pumps back because the pressure switches were burning out due to cycling. fitting a varistream solves the problem. If I knew how I'd post a picture. This forum is a mine of imformation ! I have learned a lot from you guys and would be glad to share any ideas i get, Al's cleaning. ;D

E-mail me the pic and i will post it or
Underneath where you type is Additional options, click the browse box and search for pic in your computer.

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 08:24:33 pm »

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=663&osCsid=4b42d8d0ef5f702740c33b10914ddb7a

Ah,

The Shurflo has a 16 Litre mark on it, but that's three or four inches from the top.

Obviously if you're using it to spray crops with a pesticide, you don't want to fill it to the brim in case of spillage.

But with pure water it's fine.  It holds 18 litres at least.

Point taken