Gardiner Poles
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:03:41 am »
I know alex posts here, and I dont want anyone to offend him, but could a user of his poles give a view on his WFP, I would be looking at reaching 24' ish

Bear

squeaky-clean 1

Re: Gardiner Poles
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 08:07:09 am »
i have found them great much better than some more expencive makes and gardiner very helpfull.

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

jeff evans

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 05:05:42 pm »
Hi Bear.

Iv,e bought most of my equipment from them, they are a very good company to buy from.

You will find that they are cheaper than most, and the sevice i have received from them has been very good. They are very helpful if you ring or e. mail them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers jeff.

DASERVICES

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 05:42:33 pm »

Hi Bear,

I have a Gardner domestic pole, the one advise I would say to you is 24ft
  can be heavy and cumbersome to control after some time. Must say
  I was warned by Gardners about this which I give them my due.

All of my work I use the 18ft pole for up to 3 floors and ground work which
  I find easy. When I require 24ft I just add the section onto the 18ft.

Like all poles if you look after them they are fine, I find Gradner are very
  reliable.

Doug

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 05:49:37 pm »
I need 24' for some high work, but would prob get 18' one anyway.

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 05:56:44 pm »

Bear,

Do what I did buy the 24ft and then dismantle it to 18ft, when you require
  24ft assemble it back again. Only takes 5 mins, Gardner will provide instructions.

Doug

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:58:25 pm »
Sounds even better, it's only one or 2 jobs i need the  height for.

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 06:33:03 pm »
I used to think that Unger poles were the 'poor man's pole', but they're top notch.

I've five sections on mine and can reach to four-stories (although have only used them on three-story work).

The beauty of them is, you only use the sections you need, so for normal houses, just the first two sections are great, and much lighter than an 18 foot fibre-glass pole.

For ground floor work, the inner section is magic.  Extremely light; weighs nothing.

And each part is replaceable individually; including the pole sections; so there's a saving too.  Just buy the worn parts, rather than a new pole.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 06:39:18 pm »
Looks a bit Heath Robinson though Tosh.

neil100

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 07:47:35 pm »
I have two 24' Gardiner poles. I also have three of their 18' poles. I have another 18' extender pole and Two mini poles and a 38' pole from Facelift.

I would recommend thier poles. If you are going for Gardiner 24' pole I would recommend that you buy just the pole without the brush and tubeing. Buy a Salmon brush of Gaz and put that on. The Salmon brush is nearly 6oz lighter then the vikan brush plus you do not need to pull it off the glass to rinse. You will be amazed what diffrence it makes.

My other 24' gardiner pole is the one they sell with metal goosehead. I only use it now and again because it feels so much heavier, and with haveing to pull of the glass to rinse at that hight my arms take a pounding.

I fitted a Salmon brush onto the metal goosehead but the angle of the brushhead is completely wrong. I could take the hacksaw to the goosehead to get the angle right but I'm just seeing how the other brush handles it first.

One of the benifts of Gaz brush is you get an Extender with the brush head, this makes it far better then the residential gooseneck by itself.

Buy yourself an 18' pole as well. I had demos of Tuker poles and Ioincs and a Gardiner pole with a Salmon brush is unbeatable for price and quality and compares very well with ionics.

If you can buy a cheap 18' extender pole and put a salmon brush on, its fractionaly lighter then the gardiner pole and with the brush being so light it transforms the pole that the normal problem with flexing is netrualized.

Hope this helps.

Nel.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 08:27:46 pm »
Hi Neil,

The aluminium gooseneck on the professional poles are actually a few grammes lighter than the residential plastic alternative!! it just feels heavier because of the increased offset of the gooseneck!

The salmon brush uses a 30 degree socket whereas the gooseneck are designed for a brush with a 45 degree socket.

We have just commisioned a Gardiner Pole own brand brush head to be designed and made for us, these will weigh about 40% less than even a salmon brush and will fit either the residential goosenecks you already have or a new design of goosenck that we will be producing that will be another 20% lighter than our current ones. See we do listen to people about weight!!!

I will also keep you posted neil about our 'super' lightweight poles that we will have soon.

Alex

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 08:52:22 pm »
Alex, do your poles come rady to use, ie. all plumbing done?

DASERVICES

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 10:26:41 pm »
Bear,

The poles that Alex sells if bought with brush come with the hose fed through
the middle of the pole. There is no snagging as you hear form other threads,
however I have been caught out when extending the pole without the brush.
The hose disappears down the pole, you then need to dig out the tweesers
 to pull out the hose. I soon fixed that by taping the ned of the hose so no
probs now.

Doug

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 07:41:33 am »
Hi Bear,

Yes our poles come as complete pole assemblies, ready to 'plug-and-play'.  However we do offer them as just the basic pole to which you can add all your own fittings.

Alex

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 07:52:45 am »
alexg,

while your on, whats postage for a 24' pole

Bear

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 09:15:25 am »
Hi Bear,

its £14.95 for p&p they get sent out in sturdy cardboard tubes to protect them.

Alex