Dick

Ladder stand-off
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:29:13 pm »
Has anyone used a ladder stand-off, particularly a Laddermax, which incorporates a tray for tools etc. Any feed back, are they worth investing in, especially for gutter work etc?
Thanks

Re: Ladder stand-off
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 09:23:29 pm »
I bought one from wicks for £20 ,but found it made the ladder a bit top heavy when moving around , they are an awkward shape and take up  space in the van . i havent found it to be an essential piece of kit                        Steve                                                                                                                   

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 11:05:40 am »
I always use mine when I am doing gutters and fascias but to heavy to use going house to house for the windows.

Wayne Voller

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 12:41:13 pm »
I've got one I use occassionally, when I have to clean gutters or facias..yuk!!!!!
They are heavy to move around on the ladder, but a vital piece of kit for keeping you safe, stop you sliding sideways, and they do give better visibility to clean. They also keep you away from the gutter a bit, so you dont get muck all down you.

Wayne

ronaldo

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 03:16:42 pm »
Definately a usefull piece of equipment to keep with you, great for doing gutter cleans but like some of the lads have said can be abit heavy and awkward in tight places.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !