Re: Is the wfp taking over the world
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 04:18:41 pm »
Didn't see you in Bakewell!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 04:27:46 pm »
I don't think he was having a go at you Rog, well, only a tiny dig at the end there. ;)

And if you haven't clapped eyes on at least half a dozen or more different outfits using WFP in our area then you MUST have been going around with your eyes shut 8)

Me, Tosh, Roy, Tom, John Hughes, a guy called Sean, and those are just the ones I know personally, I have seen at least 4 other different outfits using WFP in and around Chepstow.
And we are a piddling little town compared to the city of Gloucester.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

eddie d

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 05:48:15 pm »
dont think its taking over and dont think it ever will. i still see far more trad wcs than wfp.and what with possible water restrictions,trad cleaning is here to stay.

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 05:52:02 pm »
The water restrictions wont last long. As for seeing different types of window cleaner, Trad/WFP, of course you see more trad at the moment, but more and more are turing to WFP.

Those who argue otherwise have their eye's and reasoning ability firmly shut!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 06:00:17 pm »
if the water drys up the wfp people will be using scrims ;D there will be so many dead water tanks empty,at least they can sell there poles and brushes to the chimmney sweep people :o ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2006, 06:08:35 pm »
Water fed poles are here to stay..

The main reason is they appeal to the lazy man,

They are just so much easier.

In my early days of going to the gym benchpressing was popular for one very good reason.

It is a lazy mans exercise lay on a bench.

Now i have had a taste of wfp i can never go back ,it gives me nightmares thinking about it , i dont even squeegie downstairs anymore it is just to much hard work.

That coupled with the fear of falling off a ladder keeps me well and truly hooked.

I dare anyone to try for a week and then go back.

Dave

macc

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2006, 07:32:34 pm »
i agree, but in 20 years time wfp will be history.  :'(

a new method will be out.  :o

untill such, she stays.  ;D

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 09:40:11 am »
i have never slated the use of ladders, nor called out for the banning of them.
i feel its up to the individual and how competent they feel and act.
i spent many years up aladder and didnt change to wfp for safety, i did for me.
i have also never said that good results cannot be achieved trad, unlike certain people with regards wfp.
whenever comments are made by individuals stating wfp is crap and doesnt do the job i feel the need to state my case, if the comments went unchecked maybe potential customers would say no thanks it doesnt work.
when you keep putting your head above the parapet and shooting off about how crap wfp is, expect a few shots back.
if you cant take it, keep your head down.
theres an awful lot of teddies being thrown out of prams lately....

Morph

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2006, 12:57:43 pm »
I live in a relatively small town catchment area in Norfolk.  Low economy, much higher than average unemployment ratio.  Nearest big town, Cambridge, is about 40 miles away.  I see dozens and dozens of window cleaners locally.  Probably 95% trad.  I hope they stay that way.  I don't want them competing for my type of work with wfp.
  I was anti wfp for 3 years, totally sceptical and absolutely certain that I could do a better job the trad way.  Some of my customers would still agree.  I have one customer for 13 years, she cleans her own windows inside and out every week!  And has me come to do them every 4 weeks too!!  She says she has never had such a good w/c.  I take great pride in those comments.  She doesn't like wfp, her only reason?  Because the windows are left wet.  I have others too who are not happy with wfp.  But I'm not going back.  I'm happy with it and that matters most now.  If I was 35 I would probably look at things differently.  I'm 52, I want to make things easier where I can, and safer.  Yes, comparatively big initial outlay, but surprisingly quick return.  I set myself up over a couple of weeks in October 2005, apart from filling with water, it hasn't cost a single penny more, yet.  I get home usually by 4pm connect my tapwater to RO/DI, connect straight into van tank, I have 400 litre of pure water 2 hours later, disconnect, switch off tap, lock van till morning.  No early morning starts for me.  My bigger accounts are delighted with the results of wfp.  I can look at new jobs and quote for stuff I wouldn't have bothered with before because they were just too big, I would think yeucch, triple ladders, 2 days work etc.  Now I look and think, easy peasy, probably 3 to 4 hours inc lunch ;).
So please, stay with your ladders and squeegees, there is more work than ever for you, as wfp guys are loosing some work, but gaining stuff you wouldn't bother with.
What I have noticed around here just lately is that large rural properties all seem to have clean windows as I drive past, so there must be wfp guys working locally that I don't know about

There really is no argument for me.  I am happy concentrating on wfp only for outsides.  Some of you guys have work that requires wfp and trad.  Some just have trad.  All work.
Some properties do not really lend themselves to wfp, and some do not really lend themselves to trad. 
The arguments begin with properties that can be cleaned just as well both ways, then it becomes an issue of pride in your chosen method of work.  I have some properties that are not done any quicker with wfp, I wish I hadn't talked them into it, but I will probably drop them eventually...£15 for 45min.45litres gone..etc.  Someone else will pick them up and boast how much better trad is.  Good.
I haven't come across another single trad w/c locally who posts on here.  But I do know a few wfp w/cs who don't bother posting on here at all, because they are earning so much they daren't tell you, and they know all they need to know, they're too busy, and won't let on to others their tricks.  That doesn't make them bad people either.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2006, 01:02:34 pm »
 I agree with macc there will be a new system,if the water levels keep droping so will the wfp :o back in with the trad then ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Morph

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2006, 01:28:32 pm »
I agree with macc there will be a new system,if the water levels keep droping so will the wfp :o back in with the trad then ;D

No problems here.
One of the lowest rainfall areas in the country, here.  But no hint of shortages in the forseeable future. 
Problems will come for us when Anglia Water has to sell you lot water because you've been wasting all your's in the greedy, rich consumer areas ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2006, 02:13:42 pm »
thats strange that we have to pay Anglian water and essex and suffolk we have 2 bills for water :-\ ???
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Morph

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2006, 02:23:00 pm »
It's happened already then ???