Morph

WINDEX? WIND?
« on: March 18, 2006, 10:31:38 am »
All the hype about Windex.  I was disappointed that I couldn't get there.

I thought oh well, never mind, they'll be full of it, they'll tell us all about it here on saturday morning.  Am I getting impatient?  Or was it an excuse for a visit to the local Gargle Clinic? ;D

brett walker

Re: WINDEX? WIND?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:20:29 pm »
It was a good experience best thing i found was meeting some of the members of this forum

Omnipole very helpful

Ionics helpful

Tucker pole  rubbish sales reps, interested in a pole they were too busy trying to sell the big system instead of looking after everyone

It would be nice to see Gardner poles, Pure freedom trolley, Peter Fogwill's equipment and backpacks and others for all us one man bands for affordability.

Brett

gaza

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 02:44:37 pm »
BRETT AND MYSELF had 3 hrs to waste on  the bus home,and we both agreed what Brett is saying. I spent 4,500 squid a few years ago with them,and they didnt impress me at all with their service as Brett said they were more interested in selling you systems than a small pole even at £210.
So aquafactors your not the only importer of Tucker poles,carnt believe thatIbought a system,that the salesmann didnt know the bore size of the pipe it uses,its like buyig a car and the salesman not knowing what engine size is under the bonnett

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

eddie d

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 03:31:18 pm »
i found it to be ok but not great.but then it is wc

spotless2000

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 03:50:25 pm »
I was intending to go for both days, but due to my wife being ill :P, I was seconded to the school runs!  Really disappointed that I couldn't get there as I wanted to meet up with a few of you and also go to the following seminars:-

1. Method Statement / Risk Assessment.
2. What a facilities manager expects to see in your window cleaning tender bid.
3. Internal window cleaning problems & solutions.

Did anybody pick anything up form these seminars that they would be willing to share?

Thanks

Steve

P.S.  The peace and quiet was nice whilst it lasted but I'm being nagged at again ::), she's obviously better now!

Seriously - without her support I wouldn't be able to work for myself! :)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 04:01:22 pm »
I learnt a few things about marketing which I could use
My intentions for the visit were to see the new Unger carbontec for myself ....  as I thought probably not worth the cost didn't like havng to carry around the bag let alone the fuss of having to add and take away sections

Also wanted to see the ergotec poles I didn't think they could possibly be worth the asking price I thought why not get a G/F pole but as soon as I got hold of it I new I had to have one, what a difference, not only lighter but easier to hold so comfortable

also I have to agree about Tucker poles I tried to take to them but they were too interested in the big sell

As for the concept2O I dont think so Its very fancy theres a lot of work in that of which the customers would never see nor would probably ever care to see After all if the windows are clean whats the differance

And as for the new zero ro I saw how it works good idea I like it but not the price but then its a new toy It'll be interesting to see how well it performs and how long it takes for that flter to get into the market place

all in all good show, I came back with more knowledge than I went with.

Chris

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 05:24:40 pm »
hi i went to windex on fri though was a little disappointed as the show was mostly for carpet cleaning its the first time i've been so i did not know what to expect i was mainly going to look at poles which was helfull to go and try the different poles available so it was ok though it could be better!! :)