Lee Burbidge

Wagga
« on: December 28, 2013, 10:39:23 am »
So, those that do not know Wagga AKA Chris Dawber he is the man with a YouTube channel with well over 700,000 hits. His videos have helped many window cleaners through out the world start up in business and assist with many DIY issues and creations. Chris also gives plenty of close ups of the latest innovations on the market when ever he can get his hands on them.

It seemed only fitting that WCM TV made a film to get a fly on the wall view of working with Wagga. The film is not yet released, so please watch out for it. In the mean time here is the trailer that will give you some idea as to what to expect.

http://youtu.be/9c0bCD10hZc

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: Wagga
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 10:56:16 am »
It looks to me like old Wagga could do with some advice himself- by what he's using to clean windows with!! :o

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:08:58 am »
It looks to me like old Wagga could do with some advice himself- by what he's using to clean windows with!! :o

Oh, how so?

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:34:00 am »
Ok, so I will reply for you then lol..... the important bit for me is the lady handing over money for a job well done despite which of the many tools he has to hand.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 12:59:27 pm »
I cant see alot wrong with what Wagga is doing. As far a I know he has fasioned his own WFP which if hes happy with and works fine then there is no problem.

And Lee your right - the important bit is the customer handing over the paper sheets with a smile on their face. (actually, scrap the smile, just the money is what were all after lol)

Fair play to the bloke aswell, I know his videos has helped hunderds of window cleaners

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 01:13:39 pm »
Lets not forget one of waggas most famous videos.

Over 200,000 views on "how to use a rivet gun" !

That's actually how I found wagga.

Great stuff.

Job done!

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 02:59:56 pm »
I cant see alot wrong with what Wagga is doing. As far a I know he has fasioned his own WFP which if hes happy with and works fine then there is no problem.

And Lee your right - the important bit is the customer handing over the paper sheets with a smile on their face. (actually, scrap the smile, just the money is what were all after lol)

Fair play to the bloke aswell, I know his videos has helped hunderds of window cleaners

Just the money and not bothered about a smile works too lmao

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 03:08:18 pm »
Lets not forget one of waggas most famous videos.

Over 200,000 views on "how to use a rivet gun" !

That's actually how I found wagga.

Great stuff.

Job done!

;D

That rivet gun video is what one in the online business would call 'VIRAL' - Wagga is an awesome dude. I am very protective of him as he gives so much to the industry and cruel things had been said to him in the recent past that put him in a bit of a bad place. He wants to please everyone but I told him he cant ( some of the comments directed at him in the pass have been unwarranted and cruel, if I understand correctly) I told him if I listened to some of the people in the forums at the start of my magazine I would never of continued with the magazine or WCM TV.

He has done so much for the window cleaning industry, I make this film to celebrate him. I have lost count of personal comments to ME of how 'That Wagga fella, really helped me' or 'I owe the start up of my window cleaning business to that guy'

But I am pleased to say that the major part of my beloved industry loves Wagga. And so do I :)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 04:03:56 pm »

Oh, how so?

Tongue in cheek dear boy :P

However, since you ask- Why is he using a pole as fat as a drain pipe on wee domestics? What's going on at the brush end? It all looks OTT & very cumbersome. An SL-Xtreme or SLX with a resineck swivel + Xtreme brush would make for a much easier & quicker day!! ;)

The video's very good & I am a Wagga fan too ;)

keyser soze

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 04:18:32 pm »
i love wagga too

shina

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 04:34:56 pm »
Has he got a van now, I always thought he worked from a Volvo

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 04:39:40 pm »
Yer, nice chap. I find his wagtail modifications interesting and his skill with it amazing. What does concern me though is that some of the videos are in my opinion bad advice. Lots of people will view them and think that securing an ibc tank with straps is a good idea. I disagree.

bobplum

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 04:47:34 pm »
top man wagga ;)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 05:17:08 pm »

Oh, how so?

However, since you ask- Why is he using a pole as fat as a drain pipe on wee domestics? What's going on at the brush end? It all looks OTT & very cumbersome. An SL-Xtreme or SLX with a resineck swivel + Xtreme brush would make for a much easier & quicker day!! ;)

;D actually in one or two shots he has the new Wagtail Orbit fixed :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »
Has he got a van now, I always thought he worked from a Volvo

Mondeo I think you can see it in the background of the film :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 05:20:31 pm »
Yer, nice chap. I find his wagtail modifications interesting and his skill with it amazing. What does concern me though is that some of the videos are in my opinion bad advice. Lots of people will view them and think that securing an ibc tank with straps is a good idea. I disagree.

Point taken..... although I have not seen the video you refer to, I do believe he made a video diary of a DIY system if this is what you refer to.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 05:25:14 pm »

What would you consider as good advise for installing an ibc tank?

robbo333

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 05:28:41 pm »
Lee, i've seen the trailer, what new ideas or innovations will Wagga be showing us in the full version?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Lee GLS

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 05:35:52 pm »

The advice would be not to, the frame is not strong enough

PoleKing

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 06:32:03 pm »

The frame is strong enough Lee.
I crashed with a full 650l on.

Wouldn't trust the eyelets if that's what he was strapping it to though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

hasti

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 07:40:02 pm »
Any one who try to help others to do better in life no matter what industry is worth a fortune. Because he/she doing it for love of helping others.
So I will take my hat off to Wagga, and carry on my old boy.

YOUR PLACE IS IN HEAVEN. :)

robertphil

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 08:44:02 pm »
hes the very best

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 08:59:57 pm »
Lee, i've seen the trailer, what new ideas or innovations will Wagga be showing us in the full version?

Hey, this film is not focused on products but having said that he is using the new Wagtail Orbit. In a separate 'tool box' set of films he will show case other products like the Wagtail SlipStream, AquaTap... that type of thing and they are more for education how to use and fix etc.

We have recently landed the new Jetstream from Wagtail that is set to confuse window cleaners further lol... we have an interview with its creator Willie Erken in this next mag issue...

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 09:02:25 pm »

Thanks. Im a crash tested guy myself. But I do know Great Britain has been transporting things for years ( and some real unusual loads ) with simple straps. Of course the anchor point need to be suitable.

PoleKing

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 09:03:41 pm »

Thanks. Im a crash tested guy myself. But I do know Great Britain has been transporting things for years ( and some real unusual loads ) with simple straps. Of course the anchor point need to be suitable.

Sorry-that was response to Lee GLS.
All the best
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 09:04:11 pm »
Any one who try to help others to do better in life no matter what industry is worth a fortune. Because he/she doing it for love of helping others.

I really like this post :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 09:04:40 pm »

Sorry-that was response to Lee GLS.
All the best

LMAO no probs fella :)

hasti

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 10:19:50 pm »

I really like this post :)

Thanks Lee  :)

paul13

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 10:41:23 pm »

Oh, how so?

I am a wagga fan, top man for sharing his ideas.
I'm sure wagga realises you can buy better equipment poles ect
but it's so easy to spend (waste) money now on equipment I know
I have all sorts that I don't use the latest must have equipment ::)roll
Point is wagga shows a lot of cheaper ways to do the same job as a guy
Who's spent thousands.

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 10:51:45 pm »
 He's really mastered the wagtail on a pole - try it, it's bloody hard!

paul13

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 11:13:16 pm »
I have, and use it on commercial.

Dave Willis

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 11:40:07 pm »
I can do it on large panes but not upstairs on domestics.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 01:27:52 am »
He's really mastered the wagtail on a pole - try it, it's bloody hard!

Yeah it is hard to master. This is something I plan to master for internal work like high car showroom glass this coming summer. Figured I would learn to use the wagtail flipper on the end of a wfp for greater internal heights.

Mike #1

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 06:50:42 am »
I think most people will agree some of wagga's videos and kit are not the greatest , BUT some of the videos are 2-3 yrs old and i think most of us have to admit some of our own kit and methods might not have been the greatest in the past

When i switched from Trad to WFP over 5 yrs ago  i was the first windy in my area to switch so i had no one to show me or teach me how to wfp so i watched the odd video on You Tube .

And when things went wrong and i was stuck and losing the odd custy along the way the only i could find answers was the internet mainly this forum TBH .

But some of waggas videos will have helped people and will help people and by the looks of it he has a good business appears to live in a nice house in a nice area .

Which is what most people want in life so Wagga i doff my cap to you Sir  ;) . Mike

CleanClear

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 01:43:41 pm »

That rivet gun video is what one in the online business would call 'VIRAL' - Wagga is an awesome dude. I am very protective of him as he gives so much to the industry and cruel things had been said to him in the recent past that put him in a bit of a bad place.

Its quite sad to read that Lee. I'm very appreciative when people take the time and trouble to help others with tips and the like and provide videos etc  as Wagga has done. I've found his videos very informative and helpful.
   I wasn't to keen to see him doing a video of the opening of a reach it mini pole though. To me it just demonstrated that you and/or reach it mini had found a way to utilise his 'viral videos' and popularity. No bad thing in itself, but to open a box?
 I'm liking Herman Wielands videos ,also known as window cleaner bloke.
http://www.youtube.com/user/WindowCleanerBloke?feature=watch

He's similar to Wagga, well before Wagga sold out !  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 04:15:37 pm »
I think most people will agree some of wagga's videos and kit are not the greatest , BUT some of the videos are 2-3 yrs old and i think most of us have to admit some of our own kit and methods might not have been the greatest in the past

When i switched from Trad to WFP over 5 yrs ago  i was the first windy in my area to switch so i had no one to show me or teach me how to wfp so i watched the odd video on You Tube .

And when things went wrong and i was stuck and losing the odd custy along the way the only i could find answers was the internet mainly this forum TBH .

But some of waggas videos will have helped people and will help people and by the looks of it he has a good business appears to live in a nice house in a nice area .

Which is what most people want in life so Wagga i doff my cap to you Sir  ;) . Mike

Good one Mike :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 04:35:03 pm »

That rivet gun video is what one in the online business would call 'VIRAL' - Wagga is an awesome dude. I am very protective of him as he gives so much to the industry and cruel things had been said to him in the recent past that put him in a bit of a bad place.

Its quite sad to read that Lee. I'm very appreciative when people take the time and trouble to help others with tips and the like and provide videos etc  as Wagga has done. I've found his videos very informative and helpful.
   I wasn't to keen to see him doing a video of the opening of a reach it mini pole though. To me it just demonstrated that you and/or reach it mini had found a way to utilise his 'viral videos' and popularity. No bad thing in itself, but to open a box?
 I'm liking Herman Wielands videos ,also known as window cleaner bloke.
http://www.youtube.com/user/WindowCleanerBloke?feature=watch

He's similar to Wagga, well before Wagga sold out !  ;D

Next week he might open up a Gardiner's pole - neutral is the key.... any new innovations and products must be viewed closely..... Wagga has not sold out, you just didnt like the pole he was looking at :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 04:38:24 pm »
http://youtu.be/1Blus3bUd8c

What length program do you have time or would prefer to view? For example we have 40 to 60 mins worth of footage for the Working With Wagga and I would be happy to air it as a hour long program or I could trim to 3 20 minute programs......... your thoughts

I do feel that I cant get enough of a story in 10 and 15 minute segments..... what do you think?

Which viewing length would you prefer to sit down to?

15 to 20 mins

20 to 30 mins

30 to 40 mins

45 to 60 mins

Jonny 87

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »
The full shabang. 60 minutes.

But I would probably split it up in 2 - 3 watches.

Either a full video, or split into 3 separate videos. Either way I will be watching it all. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 04:55:00 pm »

Either a full video, or split into 3 separate videos. Either way I will be watching it all. :)

You post made me smile..... 'either way you will be watching' - true WCM TV fan right there. We ran a pole in our FB group ( 3rd largest window cleaning related group I think now ) and it looks like ppl like 30 minutes so it looks like this one could be in 2 parts at this rate :) 

Jonny 87

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 05:30:22 pm »

You post made me smile..... 'either way you will be watching' - true WCM TV fan right there. We ran a pole in our FB group ( 3rd largest window cleaning related group I think now ) and it looks like ppl like 30 minutes so it looks like this one could be in 2 parts at this rate :) 

Waggas a legend. :)

I remember one day I was off with man flu and sat watching pretty much every video he had made. Good times. :)

paul13

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2014, 12:42:41 am »
Two part sounds good.

dazmond

Re: Wagga New
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2014, 09:17:10 am »
I've literally cried with laughter at some of his videos!I don't think he realises how funny he is!!

He's a real old fashioned British ' anorak'.always tinkering about with things! ;D

I think most of his home made ideas are a bit rubbish to be honest but I love the guy to bits!!! ;D

Long live wagga!!!! ;D
price higher/work harder!