Lee Burbidge

Wagga
« on: December 28, 2013, 10:39:23 am »
So, those that do not know Wagga AKA Chris Dawber he is the man with a YouTube channel with well over 700,000 hits. His videos have helped many window cleaners through out the world start up in business and assist with many DIY issues and creations. Chris also gives plenty of close ups of the latest innovations on the market when ever he can get his hands on them.

It seemed only fitting that WCM TV made a film to get a fly on the wall view of working with Wagga. The film is not yet released, so please watch out for it. In the mean time here is the trailer that will give you some idea as to what to expect.

http://youtu.be/9c0bCD10hZc

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: Wagga
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 10:56:16 am »
It looks to me like old Wagga could do with some advice himself- by what he's using to clean windows with!! :o

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:08:58 am »
It looks to me like old Wagga could do with some advice himself- by what he's using to clean windows with!! :o

Oh, how so?

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:34:00 am »
Ok, so I will reply for you then lol..... the important bit for me is the lady handing over money for a job well done despite which of the many tools he has to hand.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 12:59:27 pm »
I cant see alot wrong with what Wagga is doing. As far a I know he has fasioned his own WFP which if hes happy with and works fine then there is no problem.

And Lee your right - the important bit is the customer handing over the paper sheets with a smile on their face. (actually, scrap the smile, just the money is what were all after lol)

Fair play to the bloke aswell, I know his videos has helped hunderds of window cleaners

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 01:13:39 pm »
Lets not forget one of waggas most famous videos.

Over 200,000 views on "how to use a rivet gun" !

That's actually how I found wagga.

Great stuff.

Job done!

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 02:59:56 pm »
I cant see alot wrong with what Wagga is doing. As far a I know he has fasioned his own WFP which if hes happy with and works fine then there is no problem.

And Lee your right - the important bit is the customer handing over the paper sheets with a smile on their face. (actually, scrap the smile, just the money is what were all after lol)

Fair play to the bloke aswell, I know his videos has helped hunderds of window cleaners

Just the money and not bothered about a smile works too lmao

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 03:08:18 pm »
Lets not forget one of waggas most famous videos.

Over 200,000 views on "how to use a rivet gun" !

That's actually how I found wagga.

Great stuff.

Job done!

;D

That rivet gun video is what one in the online business would call 'VIRAL' - Wagga is an awesome dude. I am very protective of him as he gives so much to the industry and cruel things had been said to him in the recent past that put him in a bit of a bad place. He wants to please everyone but I told him he cant ( some of the comments directed at him in the pass have been unwarranted and cruel, if I understand correctly) I told him if I listened to some of the people in the forums at the start of my magazine I would never of continued with the magazine or WCM TV.

He has done so much for the window cleaning industry, I make this film to celebrate him. I have lost count of personal comments to ME of how 'That Wagga fella, really helped me' or 'I owe the start up of my window cleaning business to that guy'

But I am pleased to say that the major part of my beloved industry loves Wagga. And so do I :)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 04:03:56 pm »

Oh, how so?

Tongue in cheek dear boy :P

However, since you ask- Why is he using a pole as fat as a drain pipe on wee domestics? What's going on at the brush end? It all looks OTT & very cumbersome. An SL-Xtreme or SLX with a resineck swivel + Xtreme brush would make for a much easier & quicker day!! ;)

The video's very good & I am a Wagga fan too ;)

keyser soze

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 04:18:32 pm »
i love wagga too

shina

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 04:34:56 pm »
Has he got a van now, I always thought he worked from a Volvo

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 04:39:40 pm »
Yer, nice chap. I find his wagtail modifications interesting and his skill with it amazing. What does concern me though is that some of the videos are in my opinion bad advice. Lots of people will view them and think that securing an ibc tank with straps is a good idea. I disagree.

bobplum

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 04:47:34 pm »
top man wagga ;)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 05:17:08 pm »

Oh, how so?

Tongue in cheek dear boy :P

However, since you ask- Why is he using a pole as fat as a drain pipe on wee domestics? What's going on at the brush end? It all looks OTT & very cumbersome. An SL-Xtreme or SLX with a resineck swivel + Xtreme brush would make for a much easier & quicker day!! ;)

The video's very good & I am a Wagga fan too ;)

;D actually in one or two shots he has the new Wagtail Orbit fixed :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »
Has he got a van now, I always thought he worked from a Volvo

Mondeo I think you can see it in the background of the film :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 05:20:31 pm »
Yer, nice chap. I find his wagtail modifications interesting and his skill with it amazing. What does concern me though is that some of the videos are in my opinion bad advice. Lots of people will view them and think that securing an ibc tank with straps is a good idea. I disagree.

Point taken..... although I have not seen the video you refer to, I do believe he made a video diary of a DIY system if this is what you refer to.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 05:25:14 pm »

What would you consider as good advise for installing an ibc tank?

robbo333

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 05:28:41 pm »
Lee, i've seen the trailer, what new ideas or innovations will Wagga be showing us in the full version?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Lee GLS

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 05:35:52 pm »

The advice would be not to, the frame is not strong enough

PoleKing

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 06:32:03 pm »

The advice would be not to, the frame is not strong enough

The frame is strong enough Lee.
I crashed with a full 650l on.

Wouldn't trust the eyelets if that's what he was strapping it to though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.