Chris Cottrell

Ionics new Toy
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:20:21 pm »
I liked the new toy at windex on the Ionics stand

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for someone to offer that new filter online or in the shops and for someone to copy the idea

Alex Gardiner

Re: Ionics new Toy
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:30:43 pm »
Hi Chris,

We have had a Zero-waste Ro unit put together for a short while now. I have it running at my place with no obvious downsides, other than more regular membrane flushing, the technology is not that difficult. We hopefully will be able to offer it as an upgrade unit so people can add it on to any unit that they currently run, cost? not that much.

Alex

mark dew

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 01:33:07 pm »
Hi Chris,
We have had a Zero-waste Ro unit put together for a short while now. I have it running at my place with no obvious downsides, other than more regular membrane flushing, the technology is not that difficult. We hopefully will be able to offer it as an upgrade unit so people can add it on to any unit that they currently run, cost? not that much.
Alex

Alex, that's good news.

How long before we will be able to buy this upgrade?
Is it possible to add to my order??

cheers
mark

jsm

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 02:25:18 pm »
Not such a big secret thing  ;D

I run a 200gallon pumped ro and went and stuck a di vessel on the waste pipe - result - pure water both ends-

mine runs a 1-1 ratio so one lot is Ro'ed and the other Di'ed - result NO waste - easy

note - when doing a ro flush you need to disconect the waste Di
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Pole2pole

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 02:59:59 pm »
How much resin does the DI unit use from the wastage pipe? The same as the first DI unit? Double? (Just to give me some idea) Treble?  :-\ More???  :'(

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 03:01:08 pm »
Hi JSM,

That certainly is one solution, although not probably the most cost effective as about 1/2 - 2/3 of your water is being processed by DI.

Mark,

We need another couple of months in development, but the good news is that we are making it suitable to retro-fit not only our systems but also most others as well.

Alex

twt

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 05:30:39 pm »
hi alex will it fit a merlin?
if so ill order one

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 06:30:39 pm »
Not such a big secret thing  ;D

I run a 200gallon pumped ro and went and stuck a di vessel on the waste pipe - result - pure water both ends-

mine runs a 1-1 ratio so one lot is Ro'ed and the other Di'ed - result NO waste - easy

note - when doing a ro flush you need to disconect the waste Di

Your DI is dealing with all the dissolved solids coming from the tap, you are wasting your time running it through the RO first.  All you are doing is separating the water into some with dissolved solids, and some without, then you are putting all your dissolved solids through a DI.  You are as well putting it through the DI to start with and forgetting the RO.  The only dissolved solids from the tap you are not having to deal with are the ones sticking to your membranes.

Peter

jsm

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 06:47:36 pm »
How much resin does the DI unit use from the wastage pipe? The same as the first DI unit? Double? (Just to give me some idea) Treble?  :-\ More???  :'(

no Idea  ;D just having a play to see if it woked - and it did , but like peter say's I might as well put it all through Di ( he must know - I'm only a window cleaner  ??? )
I can put another 100 gallon membrain onto mine - this uses the waste water as well , a guy down the road from us says his 300 gallon pumped ro gets him  2 pure to 1 waste - out tds is about 100 from the tap so not to high anyway.

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Pole2pole

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 09:20:11 pm »
Worth thinking about John....Also very interested in the Alex's new toy too. If it isn't another phenominanonominal expense, it's gotta be a no brainer and another must have in the land of WFP. Whatever happened to half a dozen new blades 'n' scrims, a small bottle of fairy and an occasional new channel???? Life used to be so simple  8)