warren flynn

wfp dilemma
« on: March 13, 2006, 09:32:47 pm »
hi guys,

i'm in a dilemma. i am desperate to stop climbing ladders all day, wfp is obviously the answer. i have been doing all the research and using this site almost daily for all the answers to my questions. i have got to the point of knowing what i want, where to buy it and how much it all costs.

my problem is the drought situation here in the south east. i honestly don't know if i can turn up at someones house and basically pour dozens of litres of water all over thier windows when in a few weeks we could be using stand pipes or tanks in the street for our water.

i feel as if i'm going to make a fairly major financial investment for something i will not be able to use for the foreseeable future.

i have read the posts about the guys who have contacted the waterboard and been told that they will not be stopped using wfp as it is thier livelihood but seriously, if your customer is using a sink full of water for all their daily washing etc how can wfp be justified? will all you wfp guys be back on the ladders? in which case maybe now is not the best time to be getting another few grand in debt.

help please!

cheers, shine on!

supernova77

Re: wfp dilemma
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 09:37:35 pm »
Hi,

I use WFP and live in the South East... I'm going to carry on using WFP until someone from the water board personally knocks on my door and tells me that I can't.

If my customers query it, I'll just state that I am a business that needs to use the water in order to operate.

To be honest I really can't see it being a problem... I think a lot of it is hype.

There have been hosepipe bans in the past and most of the people where I live continue to use water as normal.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 09:43:58 pm »
Warren,

When was the last time you collected your water from a stand-pipe from the bottom of your street because your home supply was turned off?

I bet never! 

This isn't Bosnia, it's the UK and each of us pay (Ian_Giles excepted) around £300 per year for our water; more if your on a meter and use WFP.

I wouldn't worry, mate.

Just go for it.  

The worst possible scenario (which is almost impossible) is that your residential water supply is turned off, you collect water for drinking from a van that goes from street-to-street, an you end up climbing ladders again; and you do that already.

So what've you got to lose?

billozz

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:10:23 pm »
Warren,

The worst possible scenario (which is almost impossible) is that your residential water supply is turned off, you collect water for drinking from a van that goes from street-to-street, an you end up climbing ladders again; and you do that already.

the money invested in the wfp??
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:25:23 pm »
Tosh,

You probably don't remember 1976!!!

People did collect water from satandpipes then!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

neil100

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 10:35:49 pm »
I have just sunk a lot of money into WFP.

I started useing it from the begining of this year and I now wish I had bought it years ago.

You have to look at the long term not just short term. Yes wfp Has cost me a lot of cash, but its money I had and my bank account is now higher then when I first started spending the money on a van and wfp stuff.

But if you look long term 10 yrs. I expect to earn at least £4000.00 more per year with wfp then Trad. Thats £40000.00 more over 10 years, it far outweighs my initial investment, I am safer, as the death of the W/Cleaner from Wallsall testifys to the ever present risks of going up and down a ladder all day.

Yes the threat of wfp being banned can cause you some concern, but i would recommend you go ahead and buy it.

If water starts getting short in our area I will go tops only with wfp to help conserve water. You never know we could have one of the wettest summers on record this year.

If they do ban wfp and we have to go back to ladders to make a living, I do hope the water authoritys are prepared to be sued if anyone has a bad fall or accident from a ladder because they have forced them to stop us useing a safer alternative. For me that would make my mind up to get straight away.

Nel.

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 10:50:22 pm »
I live in the south east.
and use WFP

Im not worried.
If they were going to stop businesses from using water the country would grind to a halt.
We would have no newspapers as the paper mills use up a heck of a lot of water so do bakeries like kingsmill or motherspride.
No english beer.

Paul

gaza

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 11:10:36 pm »
WHAT NO BEER :'(

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

warren flynn

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 08:40:35 pm »
thanks guys.

i'm off to windex with my flexible friend.

shine on!

sair

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 08:50:58 pm »
warren i think what you said was quite profound, as allways we have the attitude of i do what i want when i want , and blow any one else .i use wfp and yes i suspose if push comes to shove theres allways a way  around of using the system in drought orders , but what will the customers feel when we are using water that way! paid  for or not. when and if they are queuing at standpipes .

its an interesting dilema it may not be the water boards that stop us using our systems.

and tosh i remember stand pipes and queing with my mum.

lets hope it doesnt come to that yet it makes me as a wfp user and a supplier think more about zero reject from r/o and if ionics have the answer and it works i hope it will quickly become used by all of us
Essentially Pure Ltd

gaza

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 09:01:01 pm »
warren give me a rinng on 07859916999 if your going tommorrow should be meeting up with a few of the lads on here,some of us are wfp users some for a no of years two heads and all that stuff. we will help you make the best decisions,cus they will be over you like flies around .... once they see plastic

gaza

gaza

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 10:29:01 pm »
warren give me a rinng on 07859916999 if your going tommorrow should be meeting up with a few of the lads on here,some of us are wfp users some for a no of years two heads and all that stuff. we will help you make the best decisions,cus they will be over you like flies around .... once they see plastic

gaza

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 03:38:35 pm »
Warren,

the money invested in the wfp??

Bill,

The money is tax-deductable, and even if you couldn't use the WFP due to a water-shortage; I doubt it would last for long.

So nothing lost!

warren flynn

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 09:38:28 pm »
sorry gaza i didn't see your post until i got back. hope you had a good day and a nice few beers.

didn't take the plunge yet, still wrestling with my dilemma.

thanks for the posts anyway.

shine on!