Kate2

Re: Cleaners software for the iphone
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 12:29:20 pm »
Im interested Joe how you would do that?  Genuinely

JoeMax

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 12:37:58 pm »
It's called outsourcing.

I've had scripts just as complicated created for a lot less than that.

Kate2

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 12:38:53 pm »
Ok

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2011, 06:25:37 am »
to develop app & cloud internet based secure data would cost in region of £25,000

I could get an exact replica of Window Cleaning Pro programmed, that could be accessed easily online (in the cloud - on iPhones, blackberries and iPads) and have secure logins and passes for about £1000. Easily, within 5 weeks.

Isn't Wcp copyright protected ?

JoeMax

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2011, 08:43:03 am »
Of course it is.

But the general idea behind it can't be. Otherwise George wouldn't be around - I'm just saying something with roughly the same sophistication could be programmed for around £1,000 - not £25,000.

clarkson

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2011, 02:15:44 pm »

Hi joe
  I didnt know for sure but i thought 25000 sounded ridiculous.  i was thinking when i suggested doing one,  4 weeks at 200 a day would be 4000 so good money for a graduate programmer just finishing there degree.

a grand is even better. everyone seems to be happy with wcp if it was on iphone but i cant get round the fact it doesnt tell you the owers.  it would mean carrying hardcopy as well. george tells you who owes and syncs all back at base on the desktop.

the other issue people have is the ota service. why bother just set it up to do bluetooth or wifi syncs back at base. an ota service only becomes necessary when you have a number of employees or you are spread out over a large area. if its one or two in out in the field it can be backed up at base everyone, comes back for water most days anyway.

Joe would you handle it if we funded it, anyone interested?  22 people at 50 quid would give us a grand and a ton for joe for his time.

if we copy right it we can market it as a rival to the others.

cheers

john

premier window cleaners

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 06:12:09 pm »
we've been discussing this project for about a year with a developer of 25years experience and who has worked for major companies and plcs. To develop a decent round mangement program, he reckons would take about 3mths & at the low end a developer gets around £300 per day, hence £2500

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 06:52:53 pm »
(you missed a zero off)

The rest of us whilst interested don't have the knowledge.When reps have been on here before offering services all they ever say is what do you want? We say the functionality of george or wc pro, and they say we can do all that it's easy, but as they haven't got the foggiest of what we are talking about it's hard to believe....

We don't understand programming, and they don't understand the functionality needed, it's like they're only window cleaners how hard can it be, we can flog these thicko's something we designed for doctors appoinments or sales reps.I've never known any group talk down to us like these people do.They're all wannabe millionaires with us as the soft touch.

We would pay for good kit, but the jokers so far are clueless.

clarkson

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 07:13:22 pm »
we've been discussing this project for about a year with a developer of 25years experience and who has worked for major companies and plcs. To develop a decent round mangement program, he reckons would take about 3mths & at the low end a developer gets around £300 per day, hence £2500

Hi
 you are talking to a developer of 25 years experience who has worked for major companies and plcs. theres the problem. he will be pricey. there are loads of freelancers on sites like people per hour who will work for less than that.

You can go one better a retired programmer happy to do it as gardening project, or a student bored of playstation. they would do it on a project price. maybe joe's 1000 quid is stretching the principle a bit.

we are only talking a database of customers with a few extra features after all , not unmanned trip to mars.

i agree with some of the previous comments this should be sorted by now. especially by those who are supposed to be developing window cleaning software.

by the way i mentioned sheduling manager its a no go. no mobile app at all and they advertise a window cleaning module but dont actually one yet, funny that!

cheers

john

JoeMax

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2011, 07:23:40 pm »
We don't understand programming, and they don't understand the functionality needed, it's like they're only window cleaners how hard can it be, we can flog these thicko's something we designed for doctors appoinments or sales reps.I've never known any group talk down to us like these people do.They're all wannabe millionaires with us as the soft touch.

We would pay for good kit, but the jokers so far are clueless.

That rings so true. I'd love to help but I'm really not in a position to at the moment. It's something I might look at later down the line if someone else doesn't do it - I don't have the money nor would I want to risk other peoples. I've just got back from living abroad and want to focus on window cleaning (believe it or not)  :)

I think you should wait for this Compass 180 project - it's online and sounds great. Possibly pricey mind but what isn't  :)

Count Phil

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2011, 08:23:28 pm »
Why don't George just do one? They'd get all the wcp customers if they were first to android/iphone.

John drake

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 07:33:01 pm »
Matt on the Cleaning forums had a beta version on his iphone, It worked Well from what he said.

Where has my post gone ?
drake_john@rocketmail.com

Kate2

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2011, 08:38:38 pm »
Guys with all due respect this is a subject very close to my heart. 

As many of you know I represent Acacia.

Sorry, and I really dont want to offend anyone.  Weve been in development for 4 years its taken time, toil and tears, testing, hard work, weve been out in the snow with window cleaners, we know how things operate.

I find it really distressful that somebody comes along, and says " yea im developing" its not a game, its a trade, and  whose going to do customer support when things go wrong?  Whose going to repair things, whose going to help you out when you want to move a round due to holidays, sickness.  Honestly guys, please it isnt as simple as that.  Whose going to develop for Iphone, Ipad, Slate, Galaxy, and the next latest gadget that comes along.

Please its just not as simple as that.

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2011, 08:50:20 pm »
I find it really distressful that somebody comes along, and says " yea im developing"

I find it an open-ended statement when someone posts something like that.

I wish they'd clarify EXACTLY what theyre developing and HOW theyre going about it. Probably isn't how it comes across or how they're making out.

Kate2

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2011, 08:52:07 pm »
ok Matt no probs

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 08:56:52 pm »
I dont mean you Kate, I mean guys on here that say that.

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »
He's talking about a spreadsheet, a worksheet, and he's got ten posts behind him.

He's just seen that app ad for tesco where apple apps have a free app where the iphone four scans a bar code and it gets straight on your tesco home delivery shopping list.Brilliant, how hard can this stuff be.

Stick a bar code on the custies front door, once scanned they  get billed, and our home comp gets updated

Kate2

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2011, 08:59:39 pm »
ok Matt, no worries

JoeMax

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2011, 09:04:56 pm »
I find it really distressful that somebody comes along, and says " yea im developing" its not a game, its a trade, and  whose going to do customer support when things go wrong?  Whose going to repair things, whose going to help you out when you want to move a round due to holidays, sickness.  Honestly guys, please it isnt as simple as that.  Whose going to develop for Iphone, Ipad, Slate, Galaxy, and the next latest gadget that comes along.

Please its just not as simple as that.

Who said it was simple?

Why you getting angry?

Kate2

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2011, 09:07:04 pm »
Yea Matt, sorry I misunderstood, never mind.

Its a difficult one. with regards to developing its to do with your going to have to deal with all phones, androids, iphones the whole range.   If you want customer support when things go wrong?  I think we would all want that security, somebody can sort it if it goes wrong???   Also, when the income of new technology comes in, not sure if the person whose developed the app, will their programme work on that?  Technology just keeps growing I suppose.