whats an iphone?
5.6%
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 60

deeege

Re: Cleaners software for the iphone
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 12:17:16 am »
Apple charge 30%?

Do google rip people off in this manner with widgets?

A retailer taking a 30% commission is a rip off? Apple are providing a global "shop" to end users, I'd hardly say they are ripping app developers off.

Angry birds alone is grossing £1.6 million per MONTH at the moment, do you think the developer feels ripped off?   
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

formb

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 03:24:48 pm »
Apple charge 30%?

A retailer taking a 30% commission is a rip off? Apple are providing a global "shop" to end users, I'd hardly say they are ripping app developers off.

Angry birds alone is grossing £1.6 million per MONTH at the moment, do you think the developer feels ripped off?   

I downloaded Angry Birds free on my 'droid...............

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 03:29:00 pm »
I am currently optimising Aworka to run on smartphones (should work on iPhone, Android and Blackberry). Although browser based, it will feel like a native app. I'm hoping to have something for people to try by the end of Jan. Let me know if you would be interesting in being a guinea pig...

formb

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 03:29:13 pm »
Apple charge 30%?

See:

http://www.openhandsetalliance.com/

deeege

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 04:43:46 pm »
I don't understand the connection?  ???
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 04:56:14 pm »
If 30% is a rip-off it makes you see  how your boys feel with the pittance they get  ;)

formb

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 05:13:29 pm »
I don't understand the connection?  ???

Android is a free mobile platform:

Each member of the Open Handset Alliance is strongly committed to greater openness in the mobile ecosystem. Increased openness will enable everyone in our industry to innovate more rapidly and respond better to consumers' demands. Our first joint project as a new Alliance is Android™. Android was built from the ground up with the explicit goal to be the first open, complete, and free platform created specifically for mobile devices.

deeege

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 05:35:23 pm »
That's all well and good. But if all apps are free then the income generated for the app creators will be minimal and all the useful apps coming onto the Market will dry up. Who benefits from that?

Steve CM

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 05:36:54 pm »
I know these lot do an internet based application that would work on any handset.

www.acacia-technologies.co.uk

Its on going fees but then at least they would still keep developing it and would not have to pull the plug like WCP did.

deeege

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 05:46:27 pm »
I know these lot do an internet based application that would work on any handset.

www.acacia-technologies.co.uk

Its on going fees but then at least they would still keep developing it and would not have to pull the plug like WCP did.

wasn't this the company that kate1 was repping? Whatever happened to her and her grand ideas?  ???

If my memory is correct I think you needed a touchscreen phone with wireless capabilities to use there software?

Steve CM

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »
I think the handset just needs an internet connection.. yeah it is kate1.I speak to Her a lot. She's a good person but I don't think she couldn't handle the lions den that is clean it up. Lol. I did warn her.

jr windows

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »
Kate,
Was going to do telesales for me, then out of the blue I had an email saying she couldn't do it anymore. It seemed a bit odd.

clarkson

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 06:51:04 pm »
 Hi ALL
 kate s still about watching this thread as it happens. Midas by accasia looks good but i dont like the ongoing fee 29.99 pm i have been reliably informed.

you are all talking about i phone apps but you would need a core software on your laptop/desktop. i would nt want all my data on a pda of any sort  with out backups. and you wont get that done for 150 quid.

it would be interesting to see how much a decent programmer would charge to do a proper job of it fully featured with decent sync to desktop. i think the biggest issue seems to be debtors list mobile, but you cant go to your round without knowing whos paid. i dont collect but still want to grab that owe a few cleans if i see them.

i think wcp are the closest at the minute if they could get owers on lite and do it for iphone we would be away.

someone said they would be doing one to work on bb but bb licence is 20000 dollars a year minimum, so this supprises me.

shall we start a consortium to commision a cleanitup  software house and do our own?

cheers

john

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 07:11:24 pm »
I'm a tech dinosaur- so can't comment on the phone thing, except that i run wcp on a mac.book pro(by using windows).And for something super portable i'd use my mac air 11".

I know everything is going cloud, and i understand why, (Better revenue), but i really feel rather annoyed that someone could be clever enough to create wcp - but lack the chutzpa to create a credible revenue stream from it.

Take Ronnie's current predicament, i'd be all over that like a rash.If ever there was a chance to turn the bad PR around......

wightsurf

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »
There is no way i'm going to go cloud even at £10.00 pm until i see it working for a few yrs and then i would want some pretty good firewall on there.
I did think that WCP might head towards a app but how wrong was i there  :'(

I think our best bet is a quote for a basic phone app but then what platform.
I like andriod  ;D
How many peeps would also be interested is the main Question .
From there a quote is only a email away .

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 09:36:18 pm »
The trouble with having cloud technology and a wireless device is that you will need a service provider to provide you with conectivity constantly, thats going to be costly too not to mention those of us that work out in the sticks were service is sometimes non existent so how then will they provide us with a link to your info with no network coverage?

premier window cleaners

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 10:29:24 pm »
to develop app & cloud internet based secure data would cost in region of £25,000

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 10:45:22 pm »
I'm happy with my pen and paper.

I have records of quotes/invoices etc on my pc and also al copied to PDF on my iPhone.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 07:14:10 am »
As i mentioned on a previous post,i bought "logmein" app for about £18. Using 3g on my iphone i can connect to my laptop at home. Not the perfect answer but when i absolutely have to find info on wcp, its able to do that for me. But the computer does have to be on standby.

JoeMax

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 11:34:53 am »
to develop app & cloud internet based secure data would cost in region of £25,000

I could get an exact replica of Window Cleaning Pro programmed, that could be accessed easily online (in the cloud - on iPhones, blackberries and iPads) and have secure logins and passes for about £1000. Easily, within 5 weeks.