M.Acorn

Yellow pages again !!!
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:02:40 pm »
Right i had a post going on about this last year ! Got a refund as they printed the wrong adds in both editions of the books i am in !
My new rep (3rd in 4 yrs) promised she would do her upmost to make sure i was happy,promised me the moon on a stick,as i said i was going to cancel everything !
said the new add thay would create would be amazing blaa blaa !
Got copy`s of the adds the other day,they have only sent me the ones that i had money refunded on last year ! bunch of flippin numptys !

Really thinking of pulling the plug on them both ! everywhere i go i see them still sitting on the doorstep,bet the others went straight in the blue bins !
Customer satisfaction = 0
You would have thought they would go out their way for the work !
Have e-mailed my rep twice now outlining what she said when we had our meeting,guess what ? no reply !
What goes around comes around

clinton

Re: Yellow pages again !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:05:20 pm »
Mark

Myself i wouldnt go in it again and saved myself nearly 2 k ny not going in as getting lots of work through my site now.

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 07:20:23 pm »
Yeah i think i am going to spend the money i would have spent with them getting my site re vamped,looking a bit tired now 5 years down the line !
My accountant also keeps asking why i spend so much with them,i would raher give it to those numpty`s than the numpty`s running this sinking ship !

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:11:47 pm »
i spent a lot on yellow pages this year and the tossers have put me in a poop possition so i am not happy
only had 7 phone calls so far, all from peasants, i think ,they think, the nearer to the back of the book you are the cheaper ,you will be
tossers! not a single job from y.p as yet
NOT HAPPY AT ALL  >:( >:( >:( >:(

clinton

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:15 pm »
They did that to me one year and am sure i got money back as i was unhappy ::)

Used to get so many jobs from y pages years ago about at least 5 or ten a week thats how i built my client base up couldnt do it now without really hard work.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 09:18:41 pm »
Colin the reason you get muppets is because you are at the back, they call everyone to see who is the cheapest, the better quality ones start from the front and may only call 2 or 3 therefore not getting anywhere near the back.

Shaun

M.Acorn

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 09:20:09 pm »
My positioning was fine as they did aaaaaaaaamgd,and i was on edge of left hand page,but the add they put in was rubbish

clinton

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 09:21:57 pm »
Mark

I would get another site mate and see what work you get with it.. :)

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 09:28:19 pm »
Contact their customer services directly.
We managed to undo an advert on yell and saved over £600 because we already have one in their sponsored listings.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 09:38:16 pm »
Yellow Pages promise so much but deliver so little but I still get calls so sticking with it for now.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 11:50:24 pm »
I spend approx £500 with with yp each month but i get at least £4000 back each month, I advertise in four editions and have done for the last ten years or so ! what can I say it works for me

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 08:52:26 am »
AS we know it works better sometimes in different books and different areas of the country.

Although I'm in the same book as Clinton would be, I'm sticking with it as it gives me at least a 400% return on my advert-probably more but won't know the exact figure for a few more months yet.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

richy27

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 01:34:34 pm »
yell is one of the most confusing debates on these forums well the only way to some it up it works for some not for others. i personally am reluctant to throw money into it as i believe its has not long left before it disapears. put an add in the local bt book cheaper and more local. and concentrating on getting my website listed well. think yell with there """" new look """" is still trying to bail water out of a sinking ship.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 01:44:19 pm »
At the very beginning of the year I would have told YP where to shove it, but as the year's progressing I'm finding that I'm starting to see some benefits ::)

Thomson Directory is even starting to hold it's own.... But I am binning at least one of them and am going for a full page in the local directory because I get so much work from it!

derek west

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 02:22:03 pm »
got another yell.com job enquiry this morning, really can't decide on this one, yellow pages though is out, apart from my secret plan, mwah ha ha haaaa.
derek

clinton

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 02:32:43 pm »
Derek

Waaah dont be greedy with this ;D

You not going to share this  ;D

Just seen the new yell .com pages what have they done to it ???

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 06:40:26 pm »
Stuart, where are you based ?
i would love to see your Ad
sounds like a fantastic return
mine has never got an 8-1 return , i do a half page but return on inverstment in YP seems to go down every year.
most frustrated.

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 07:02:53 pm »
The good thing about Yell is you pay up and there's no extra work involved. The ROI for me for my local area was not spectacular but well worth doing. It helped that I did it through Pete Sweeney and saved a few bob.