Ricky M

Re: N.C.C.A.Renewals
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2009, 06:43:11 am »
Ive found that trainers in any well paid industry get paid well them selfs

www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2009, 03:44:32 pm »
Not sure because I don't think anyone has!

Shaun

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2009, 06:40:09 pm »
So Derek yeah ole pal, I can see how you would master mind a NCCA revolution. I still haven't joined because every time I suggest an idea I get told it's too costly so my point is the same as a lot of non-members, What is my £200 for?

Some time back this same issue came up and I started a thread, from what is been said now by the people on this forum, shows that we need action from the NCCA. Oh I get 20,000+ flyers for £200.

I showed everyone a link to a site that does great for there subscribers, they charge £300 per month but you get the leads. The NCCA needs to copy this model, they would be stronger and profitable, thus, making them more able to represent us at all levels.

Now take a look at this site http://www.promotional-merchandise.org.uk/ believe this model would work a treat for NCCA members.

Now, Lets see a show of hands for all those who would join the NCCA if they got fresh leads every day?
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2009, 07:02:46 pm »
I think the NCCA need to specu;late to acumalete.

Like derek said if an advert was seen on the adverts betreen Corry the membership would soon grow, but can they risk the cost of such an advert (it would be in the $1000s)

but perhaps they could dabble a little bit by employing a marketing Director to push the NCCA, in the newspapers and TV.

mike (In Deepest Africa :D)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2009, 07:10:09 pm »
Mike have you seen Biggins yet?

Years ago the NCCA did go for a more professional approach with a marketing manager but it didn't work out as there was a clash of interests with some directors, the trouble is that with part time non paid positions only part time marketing can be done.

I don't think that national coverage is anywhere near what should be done but a revolution in the allied trades so that the members can get good quality leads from recommendations the TV and Radio and Home and Beauty mags would then be a step nearer.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2009, 07:30:09 pm »
Show they work but CD have far bigger revenues that's why the NCCA should go for swap deals with Upholsterers and carpet manufacturers etc in their trade mags.

Shaun

Bob Robertson

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2009, 08:43:03 pm »
Goldfinch

If you are not a member,why do you have NCCA on you profile?

Goldfinch PCS
0845 644 0676
NCCA IICRC LTT PROmite
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2009, 09:07:32 pm »
Whoops!

I wonder if anyone from NCCA reads this forum?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2009, 09:10:10 pm »
Hope so Joe because all these things need addressing and realistically put to bed so we can all join as valued members and the feeling that we'd be in good hands. I really want the NCCA to work but there are too many issues at the moment I wouldn't feel comfortable with.

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2009, 09:14:06 pm »
From a non-members point!

Have yet to see under a cushion NCCA ;)

It’s a trade body no more no less ken summed it up (I've come across quite a few members who have needed to use the free leagl advice benefit, and they were truly grateful for their membership.) like the word free I pay extra for this confused dot com. ;D

My working mans club are seeing the light just, (it took a baseball bat but there is still fraction own agenda) hiring the hall, charging for parking for the local rugby club and 4x4 dealer. :)

If you are happy I’m happy for you! ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2009, 09:18:06 pm »
I heard that to pay for the labels it's £60 000 for the year.

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2009, 09:58:28 pm »
Shaun

I think they need a sharper negotiator, but hay who looks under a cushion. :D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2009, 10:25:24 am »
Hi Guys

There is a difference between advertising and public realtions.

A friend of mine at school went into PR, which is basically about getting free exposure .

For example by writing press releases, getting on magazine tel shows etc.

This in my view is where the NCCA should concentrate , to talk about tel advertising is missing the point , it would be far too expensive.

My other bug gear is that it is not really a trade organisation because by restrictive practice it prevents CC's like me , who trained many years ago from joining by having the ridiculous rule that you have to sit a begginners CC course to get in. With lost work, hotels, course fee etc , this would cost me well in excess of a thousand pounds !!

I would be happy to take the exam, afterall they send it out to those who have failed so that they can pass, so I do not see why they cannot send it to experienced CC's.

A local lad is a member and he has not even got any equipment yet  :o

Cheers

Doug

Bob Robertson

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2009, 10:34:14 am »
Whats wrong with him getting training before he starts? Maybee by paying out the money on the training he wants to do it right.

Bob

clinton

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2009, 11:19:10 am »
Doug

That was my main problem with them and was going to join about 15 years ago ::)

The so called exam  was treated as a joke between some  up here with  the easy answer questions lol

Doug the proof is with your sucsess like myself with our set ups.

robert meldrum

« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2009, 06:45:51 am »
I've never joined although always regarded the concept as good for the industry. In my past and other business lives I've been and still am a member of Trade Associations.

All of these are VERY ACTIVE in representing their members at the highest level and indeed have meetings with relevent government ministers resulting in changes taking place.

I'm out of touch with past memberships, but our current association UKHCA costs about £450 per annum, which might seem a lot, but ....................

They are up to date with every change/new legislation, changes in the law, legal requirements, mandatory training, etc,etc and have the same legal advice available as the FSB,

They have training workshops on a regular basis and have " ready made " packages for members that cover virtually all training needs.

The main difference is.........................

The UKHCA
The MSA
The DIA
and many others are run as a business and as such look after their customers interests by providing what their customer wants/needs and charging accordingly.

Joe H

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2009, 07:05:59 am »
I know what NCCA stands for, and FSB

but all the others were meaningless to me.
So sorry, dont know who you talking about.

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2009, 08:07:20 am »
Come on Joe GWIM ;D

(GWIM=Get With It Man)

bob

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2009, 09:47:20 am »
Hi All,

Thanks for all the interesting points on your messages.
I see that the NCCA had to cancel the AGM as they could not get a quorum together
Is this a sign that know one is interested in doing any think with in the Association. I was planning on attending and also having a look at the show, but in the end did not do either.
I am not going to rejoin the NCCA I have also cancelled my membership of Woolsafe together over £400.00p a years. Never in all the  years as a member have I  had a job from Woolsafe or any real help joined Woolsafe to use Enviroshield but Woolsafe don’t approve of any type so protectors.   

Again thanks to all

Bob Jennings