Darren O

Re: Hydramaster raptor,Chemspec Hydrovantage
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 07:27:53 pm »
No i didnt get a price Bob and the machine you seen in Greenock was it grey or green as they have a chemspec version in with the exact same problem dodgy pump.John you would think it would be that straight forward but no one seems to be able to get to the bottom of it.Also meant to say i checked the hoses coming from the pump and they looked perfect but iam not to sure what to look for.

John Kelly

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 07:40:07 pm »
The hoses don't last for ever and have pressurised hot water going through them. As the hose weakens it can implode in use causing a loss of pressure as the pump has to work harder to push past the blockage. When pumps off hoses look fine. Thats why they have to be examined under load. Should be a simple task of unconnecting at pump and working forward. Can be on supply pipe to pump as well.
You need to be careful if doing anything yourself as water and electrics don't mix. Use an RCD which everyone should when using portable equipment. It only takes once to stop your heart.

Darren O

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 07:52:25 pm »
John do you think its worth getting new hoses fitted because i think everything else has been tried ive always thought the problem has something to do with the amount of heat you get from the machine you wouldnt belive how hot the water gets for a portable.

John Kelly

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 07:54:07 pm »
Darren I sell them.

John Kelly

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 07:55:38 pm »
Ther is that much crammed in there they are rather hard to work on.

John Kelly

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 07:56:46 pm »
Has it ever been descaled.

tony harrison

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 08:06:02 pm »
Hi Darren,

It could be the suction hose partially collapsed or obstuction in it.

John Kelly

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 08:07:05 pm »
seems a likely scenario.

Bob Robertson

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 08:09:24 pm »
Darren

I think It was a green one that was in the front entrance hall.

John Kelly

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 08:09:45 pm »
I'm no expert but can usually fathom things out. Had a machine in recently from a nursing home which had been back 5 times to the company that supplied it. They kept sending it back saying there was nothing wrong. Solenoid was gone which I found out in 5 minutes.

Darren O

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 08:35:41 pm »
John see if it comes to the worst and cant figure out whats wrong with it do you fancy having a look at it for us my local prochem dont no much about them at all and i always get the feeling with Hydramaster they would rather deal with truckmounts than portables.Iam using my powermax just now but would like it sorted before the end of Febuary.

Darren O

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 08:42:36 pm »
That will be mine Bob they have had it for 8 days trying to find out how to get into the back of it as one of the cables isnt working these machines are something else but i still woulndt swap it for anything else when they do work they are amazing.

John Kelly

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 08:44:02 pm »
I could probably. i'd need it for a few days at least.

John Kelly

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 09:01:45 pm »
Darren if they have it now all they need to do is disconnect the inlet hose to the pump. Attach another length of hose and draw water from a bucket higher than the pump. If it works ok like this the problem is on the feed end to the pump. If it doesn't then its either the pump or regulator or possibly a hose that side. Its just a process of elimination. It is a bind on these though because they are crammed with gear and probably puts people off working on them.

Darren O

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 09:17:30 pm »
Thanks John i will speak to my Prochem man tomorow.

aussie clean

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 01:33:17 pm »
Ok then to clear this all up yes ive only been on here a short time, however the machiene im talking about has been for sale in Australia for over 30yrs and also in America and Asia, I personally know the owner of SteamVac and he has asked me to be the uk supplier of this fantastic gear.
Bob no the big machiene isnt  heavy weighing in at 62kg.
Geoff thanks for the advice mate, yes im still in the setting up stages here however the website can be viwed in australia at www.steamvac.com.au and there are plenty of testimonials about the company and the machienes there.

This equipment is in no comparison better than anything available here as a porty and has no competion in the way it performs.
A standard setup can be run out of your van or as a porty and run a length of vacum and solution hose to 45m without loosing pressure. No more filling the solution tank with chemicals you simply prespray the carpet and extract with clean hot water/steam, no more residue.
Adam.. ;D

clinton

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 01:45:10 pm »
Just had a look at the web site just looking at the spec for the machine so am reading it has 2 vac or is that 2 then another 2 running in parallel ???

Has a masive pump then just couldnt imagine running a full.

There are some newbies on here adam that might be interested.

aussie clean

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 03:52:11 pm »
clinton the machiene has 2 vac motors in a choice of 1200watt, 1400watt or 1700 watt, and a choice of 1500psi pum working pressure of 500psi or the 2000psi pump with working pressure of 1600psi but both are adjustable aswell.

You can also run a booster box along side it with another 2 vacs in it through the port giving it a total of 4 vacs. The 500psi machiene with booster box and waste system only draws 12amps of power so wont trip the fuse board.

It gives you the option to set up as a porty in the house or run it in the van if you can like a truckmount.

Adam.

Darren O

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 05:14:33 pm »
Adam how much is the booster box and cun you run it with a normal portable chees Darren.

richie

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 11:08:30 pm »
Adam,
Whats the UK price of the machine running at 500psi?  Doe sit run 1 1/2 or 2 inch vac hose?  How much hose can it run with just the 2 vacs & how much with the booster vacs?  How much is the booster box?  How much CFM with 2 vacs, how much cfm with the 4 vacs?   what Hg will it pull?  What kw is the heater?  What is the availability for the UK?  Certainly from a vac point of view.....the Scorpion is probably the most powerful porty in the UK.....how does the steamvac porty compare?  can u give a full spec side by side with the Scopion.

Richie.