Darren O

Hydramaster raptor,Chemspec Hydrovantage
« on: January 20, 2009, 12:01:02 pm »
Ive had this machine for 18 months now Raptor,there is deffinetly a fault with these machines.The preasure always drops to about 120psi and stays there the last time i sent it back to Hydramaster they changed the pump head and a few other things and when i got it back it worked for a couple of days then dropped preasure again and it has been like this for the past 4 months.The thing is when you mess about with the preasure gauge for a couple of minutes and keep your finger on the trigger on the wand it goes back up to about 250psi i told Hydramaster this and they said its deffinetly the preausure regulator and to clean it out but i have done this before and didnt make much difference also my local prochem dealer said that somebody has brought the Chemspec version in with the exact same problem and i also no that Cleaning Systems Uk have had loads of the same problem with the Chemspec version they sell can none of these massive companys work out what the problem is.

aussie clean

Re: Hydramaster raptor,Chemspec Hydrovantage
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 12:22:53 pm »
Daren no none of them can fix the problem, however if your fed up with the situation then please give me a call on 07902 205 476 as i have a mchiene that i sell here in the uk that is made in Australia and is far better then anything you can get here.
Adam Crossley
Steamvac UK

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 04:35:28 pm »
I spoke to somebody from Chemspec today to the main man that deals with these machines he coulndt shine any light on it either and seems to think its just wear and tear and after about a year you should expect these problems if the machine has been heavily used.Chemspec are selling these machines for £2850+vat i wouldnt advise anyone to buy one of these machines from Chemspec or Hydramaster untill one of them figures out why there pumps dont last even a year without major problems.

aussie clean

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 08:55:46 am »
Darren I would agree with you there, I have had similar problems with these machienes in the past and several colleagues have had the same. Hope you got my email yesterday and hope it interests you.
Adam

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 09:35:44 am »
Darreen,

I would disagree with you, just because your having a problem your advising everbody to stay well clear of the raptor..........
 when infact the raptor is one of the best porty,s around , well built and proberbly the best heat around for a porty.
I,v had used a raptor for a few years , admitadly as a back up machine now , but always found it reliable, usual problem to be expected as with any machine ie. vac motor  and did have to replace bearings in pump once , simple  quick job though .
out of interest, does your pressure actualy drop ? or just the readings ?
Have you a kink/bend in your line inside machine? often when closing back up you could trap or kink some thing.  just a thought .

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 09:41:10 am »
And i thought it was just cleaning systems uk  aswell.... ::) ::) ::)
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Darren O

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 10:54:20 am »
Geoff when i first got this machine it was brilliant but after 10 months the pump preasure drops to abot 120psi not just on the gauge at the wand to ive sent it back to Hydramaster twice they dont no what is up with it.First they thought it was the pump head they replaced that and did some other things to got it back worked for 2 days and then done the same thing now they think its the preasure regulator and have told me what to do but i tried that months ago and didnt make any difference.I would also say the guys at Hydramaster have been great with me but its costing me nearly £100 carrige to send it back every time.I have spoke to someone with the Chemspec version hes had it sent back 5 times in 2 years with the same problem i no portables dont last forever but a pump should work correctly for more than 10 months and at nearly £3000 you should expect a lot better.I would even pay 600or700pound tomorow for a new pumpif i new that would be the end of it because when its working its a brilliant machine.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:01:55 am »
I'd disconect the pump from the uploader and test the psi, this will tell you if it is a pump problem or the uploader

if it is the uploader then if must be still bypassing even when you press the trigger, disconnect the baypass line that returns it back to the fresh tank and see if it is.

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 12:49:05 pm »
Mike how would you heck the psi on a prochem powermax?

Ryan

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 01:51:54 pm »
what pump is it? the old 120psi or the superduper 500psi powermax?

if its the usual 100-140psi shurflo/flojet pump then  these pumps are not adjustable so you get the full output of the pump at all times, go onto the pump manufacturers website( or it might say on the pump) and find out the pump output in L/min, then measure the flow into a bucket.

to test the PSI use a pressure gauge with a Q/C fitted on the back and directly connect it too the solution line

its worth buying one of these and fitting a QC on then you can check the PSI any time you want

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pressure-Gauge-100mm-4-inch-400psi-28-bar-Oil-Water_W0QQitemZ310116235739QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item310116235739&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Darren O

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 02:20:37 pm »
Adam got your email yeterday it looks a good set up but at the moment the pennies are a bit tight so i will just have to plod on with what ive got thanks anyway.Mike i wouldnt even no were to start and the machine is back with my local Prochem dealer at the moment one of my cables isnt working and they are trying to sort it but they dont no how to get into that part of the machine they also phoned Hydramaster for advice but they are still stuck just lucky its quiet at the moment.

aussie clean

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 10:35:05 am »
Darren if its of interest to you i have a finance company onboard who can fund it for you, so you can use and pay as you go, very competertive aswell, of course subject to all the usauall finance checks.
Adam.

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 04:24:59 pm »
Adam,

I personaly would like a little more info about yourself before I sterted to enter any financial and business arrangments, forgive me for been cautious but I cannot see any details about you, any web site , where you are from etc and only 3 posts .

How about a little more info , and you never know if your machine is good you may have some more interest.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

derek west

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 05:01:06 pm »
well said geoff. totally agree.
here here.
derek

clinton

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 05:25:11 pm »
Derek

One  goes and then another newbie appears ;D

Bob Robertson

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 05:31:54 pm »
Darren

Do you have a link to the guys site from the e-mail he sent you?

P.S.

I think I was leaning on your machine the other day down in Greenock.

Bob

Darren O

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 05:41:46 pm »
Bob the website is www.steamvac.com.au

Bob Robertson

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 06:57:15 pm »
Cheers Darren

Everything seems to be heavy duty, the porties must weigh a ton !

Did he give you any prices?

Bob

John Kelly

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 07:00:51 pm »
Surely someone can sort it. Low pressure, so it can only be a few things which can cause it. Pump seals as you had a new head then that is unlikely. Pressure regulator could be worn allowing too much flow past it. Collapsed hose which will only manifest itself when pump is operating so you need to be able to see them whilst running. Nothing much else can cause it.

Len Gribble

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 07:26:53 pm »
Don’t know much about high power porties, but it has been know that the pressure dial may cause this type of problem.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)