Shaun_Ashmore

Re: why am I a Laughing stock
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 10:18:30 pm »
Primary school teachers with loads of qualifications earn £20k, painter and decorator £150 a day, Wayne Rooney £100,000 and he is NOT a solicitor!

Life is what you make it, I was listening to Radio 2 today and Duncan Bannatyne was on (Dragons Den) and he is a multimillionaire and an ex ice cream van man.

You are only a carpet cleaner if yu work for somebody, if you are self employed you are a businessman because you run a buisness which so happens to clean carpets or sells ice creams etc etc.

Shaun

dryasabone

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 10:26:23 pm »
Shaun
You are only a business when you employ staff,
When you take a salary and show a profit you are in business not running a business,
What is wrong being a one man band earning more than anybody else can tell me in another unskilled job

spencer davies

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 10:29:30 pm »
I can't understand the relevance with carpet cleaning and money, you can take a business to whatever level that you chose, some people are happy to earn £500 per week, which is fine. Carpet cleaning can potentially earn you serious money if you consider it to be a business, if you walk around telling people you are unskilled then you are unlikely to earn decent sums of money.

Annoying people on here could be an amusing past time for some though  ::)

S

Fraser Thom

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 10:33:50 pm »
Dryasabone it seems to me that you are spoiling for a fight.  Why is this?  Have you got a chip on your shoulder?

Neil Grainger

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2008, 10:35:24 pm »
Where did you get that average from, you been watching the computeach advert, dont believe all you are told on the TV.

I left because I wanted a better work life balance and having worked in IT for 15 years, finnish by 3 most days and pick my daughter up from school, thats why I do it. I got fed up with 60 hr weeks and traveling around the world for pointless meetings.

I don think you understand business or earning potential as otherwise you would not make these statments.

dryasabone

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2008, 10:39:22 pm »
Spencer
You are using the language of confrontation I am suprised that I have not been accused of racism which is the normal response of people who have no arguement.
I have spent many years in establishments of debate and discussion and often found   that aggression pertains to lack of knowledge.
What do you think ?

dryasabone

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2008, 10:43:56 pm »
Fraserthom
At least tell me what the problem is as opposed to generally asking about a problem

Fraser Thom

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 10:47:37 pm »
pardon?

dryasabone

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2008, 10:50:03 pm »
Mr Grainger
I am sorry but your  alleged 15yrs in IT were misspent.
I  know about Spellcheck.
Do not please knock me before you get your own house in order!

Fraser Thom

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2008, 10:51:02 pm »
dryasabone

It's argument not arguement

dryasabone

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2008, 10:55:28 pm »
Are you shure

Paul Davidson

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2008, 10:56:02 pm »
This place is losing it!  :(

Fraser Thom

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2008, 10:56:33 pm »
No Im sertin

derek west

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2008, 11:00:37 pm »
this post is so amusing, i go upstairs for an hour to? well i'm still in the first year of marriage so you do the math, come down for a cuppa and check to see whats going on and your all still at it, this guy is so winding you lot up, can't believe your still giving him the time of day, and he still wants to know what unskilled job he can do for £500, didn't we answer that,
anyway
tea and biscuits then its back up stairs for an hour, have fun guys.
derek

ps, dry cleaning is a part time job, or an add on to a proper carpet cleaning business. thats why he only earns £500.

Damian

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2008, 11:02:29 pm »
What is it called again when you catch yourself with a pin?

I cannot for the life of me remember the term-but i am quite sure it is more than applicable in this post?

Pmsl.

Damian.

P.s I love the banter
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

dryasabone

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2008, 11:03:10 pm »
Derek,
Calm down,calm down

derek west

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2008, 11:08:17 pm »
never been calmer, dry as a bone on.

mmmmmmmmmmm chocolate digestives dunked in tea. my fave.
carry on squire

derek

dryasabone

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2008, 11:09:32 pm »
Damian
Thank you very much for your intellegent and succinct input to this debate, without comments such as yours, well,where would we be.
You have made this world a better place.
Thank you.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2008, 11:17:05 pm »
You don't have to have staff to be a businessman you can become LTD to become a business, what is yout description of businessman?

Shaun

garyj

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2008, 11:22:14 pm »
Fraserthom summed it up when he said this guy has a chip on his shoulder. Watching this last night I presumed it was somebody on a wind up from another forum, but turns out he is a genuine know it all.

Dryasabone, you seem very proud of your superior intellect and grammar capabilities so I just want to know why you have not given the same consideration to your own ( in my opinion, poor) website? You are very good at avoiding answers to questions and very good at confusing the debate, ever thought of a career in Politics?
One line in particular is designed to cause an inflammation and I think the chaps on here have done really well not to bite, you must have been disappointed!

Derek.....show off  ;)