wynne jones

Re: Best LM System
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 08:14:32 pm »
Jim

I can understand the weight thing for going upstairs without bashing the plaster of the walls but what's the difference between putting a rotary and a portie in the van as they are similar weight?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Griffus

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 10:00:16 pm »
I have been using my rotary for a few weeks now and find the biggest downside is the weight, unlike my HWE which although heavier its easier to get in an out the van because you are never actually carrying the whole weight at any one time.
With the rotary you have to lift the whole thing in an out and have bruises where it has swung into me as i have lifted it in it is very heavy something like 40 plus kilos, it only a matter of time before i do myself a mischief :'(

Technique is everything when handling rotaries. That said we have a Victor Airflow and a Victor 20" Burnisher that would break Arnie's back!!

I have ramps that I use for getting our pressure washer on and off the van. Worth thinking about if you are struggling. Nothing worse, well few things, than doing your back in.

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 07:54:50 am »
Simon, have a word with Keith Nicolson from Chemspec Direct I believe he is developing this type of OP machine
David

Keith came up for a day during the summer soon after Carpex.
At Carpex was a company from Lymm, Cheshire that was importing the Orbot and Keith was going to help as a distributor. So the machine is already developed and on the market in the USA.
We did a EOT flat in Manchester, and it came up well.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 03:17:44 pm »
here's my orbital
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

james roffey

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 03:37:27 pm »
Jim

I can understand the weight thing for going upstairs without bashing the plaster of the walls but what's the difference between putting a rotary and a portie in the van as they are similar weight?

It's a lot easier lifting even my triple vac Airflex turbo into the van than the rotary because i tilt the front wheels of my Airflex onto the van floor and am able to position myself so i just lift the back of the machine in it's very easy. the rotary is a dead weight that you have to sipport all of it yourself then lean into the van with it, while again holding, can you imagine holding 40 kilos while leaning forward
It's just much more awkward.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 04:21:29 pm »
Mike,
So what is that machine actually doing, encap of conventional lm. Can you explain the system step by step and tell us how it compares to HWE which I thought you were a stalwart of?

How much is the machine?

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 04:37:20 pm »
Simon its basically bonnetting but slightly better, it cleans better and does no leave the swirl marks often associated with rotaries.

this machine has an onboard pump that that sprays solution as you move the machine forward, it has no torque so it you let it go it just stays in position..

any bad areas you can just pull it back and give it another quick spray.

I use it on all carpet then make the decision  whether they need the T/M. (Sometimes I will just give the traffic lanes a rinse)

but it we are honest how much of a carpet needs the full treatment of a T/m  probably 30% of the total surface area, so why not  bonnet the bits that are only lightly soiled and T/M the rest. you will use less water so the carpet will dry quicker.

I do  alot of carpets that are only lightly soiled so using this machine gives it an effective clean but has it dry very quickly (30-60mins)

jasonl

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 04:41:25 pm »
Great post Mike , exactly why I will have a TM within 180 days.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 05:05:11 pm »
Mike,

Thanks for that. Did you say you got it from NV White?

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 05:22:46 pm »
yes but its a bit of a prototype, I don't know if he is selling them yet.

Simon Gerrard

Mike Halliday

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 06:38:31 pm »
£1600-£1800

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 07:19:35 pm »
I bet the motor weighs about 75% of the total machine, weight part of the key to this machine but I bet it weighs double an Rx20.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 08:10:31 pm »
Mike,
That's an awful lot cheaper than £3k for Orbot :o
Is it the same as the Orbot. Keith Nicolson tells me it oscillates too and hence delivers a lot more friction to the pad?

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

Dave Roberts

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 02:17:01 pm »
Well this is interesting ................ a wave of passion on LM, from a number of die-hard squirters!

Who'd o'thought it eh?    Did I just read above "I mean, how often do you need a T/M?"   :D

Fresh light shines through old windows.   ;D

I'll have one of the first orders in when Nick releases his 'Fusion LM' machine to market.   Mike, you lucky devil getting a prototype.   8)

Dave Roberts

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 02:19:09 pm »
Great post Mike , exactly why I will have a TM within 180 days.

Funny Jason, I read Mike's post as a reason NOT to have a TM! ........... only use on 30% of jobs, on traffic lanes only.   a good rotary system should be able to clear any traffic lane that a TM could, in the right hands.

robert meldrum

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 02:46:22 pm »
David

Mike and others will always have a use for their t/m's as they're multi purpose machines and can be used for more than cleaning carpets.

I was also surprised at Jason's comment. Maybe not what he meant to say

Mike Halliday

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 02:56:24 pm »
David if a good rotary could have got it out in the right hands then i would have got it out ( considering not only have I got the rights hands i also have the left hand as well  ;) ;) )

I would love to be a full time lm cleaner but like I said 30% of the carpet i clean need HWE and say what you like a bonnet will never get it clean. I could make excuses and tell my self and the customer I've done the job properly but i'd only be lying to to myself .

but I'll be honest and admit I want to see my future 100& using this type of machine, so I'm investigating how to get that 30% that needs HWE clean with the the hassle & time of setting up a portable or T/M.

they problem I see are...

removing spotters that we cannot leave on carpets eg; rust remover, NVspotters or bleaches

some stains need a certain amount of spotting agent  to liquefy them to be removed, but making them more fluid allows them to sink deeper into the pile so they won't absorb out, they need sucking out.  We've all done stains that you can tap with your knuckle and hear the knock they are so hard

plus the physical restrictions of small spaces and stairs.

L/m still is not a complete cleaning system,  what we need to do is find out how to complete it.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 03:08:06 pm »
David last week you saids that  LM cleaning was for short sighted dwarfs who even though their heads and eye are closer to the floor, still can't tell when they've got the carpet clean, why have you now changed your opinion?

did you say this or am I'm making up this quote to prove my point?

people who rely on misquotes or just make them up to prove a point  fool no one...... and it  just show they have a weak argument that cannot stand on truth alone