terrymaloy

Yellow Pages...new compact size !
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:06:24 pm »
Just had my yearly visit from the YP rep.
Last year I put in a bigger, full colour ad which turned out to be a total waste of time.
She tried her hardest telling me to keep the "bigger" ad but I've gone for a basic small ad with my company name phone number and thats it basically.

She then showed me the "new" design of the YP book due out. Its about half the size of the present book (in dimensions) and all the rave in the U.S apparently.

She didnt seemed too pleased when I suggested that the new style book tells me that people are'nt advertising thus you have to condense the size of the book  ;)

Anyway, my small ad still cost me £270 so lets hope it works !

Adam P

Re: Yellow Pages...new compact size !
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:17:57 pm »
i guess that's not included to be linked on their website?

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:25:13 pm »
Its compact enough to fit through letter boxes - so you wont see them piled up at the side of doors (so I am told)

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:40 pm »
I've found personally that the ad size makes little difference. I've had a large ad's and never noticed any rise in enquiries. I've stuck with a 1/4 column for a few years and every time I decide to quit yp's the bloody thing produces enough work to make it worthwhile. If it's a smaller book will my ad be smaller pro-rata?

simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:56 pm »
Perhaps someone could post a new style book with ads?

Shaun

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:28:59 pm »
nope exactly the same price!  >:( its A5, half the size of the old one. I think its bad that we need to pay the same price even tho the book is smaller and the ad is smaller in that case.

Adam P

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:38 pm »
i suppose you're paying for the percantage of the page rather then the exact size. you're still getting say 50% of a page so the same effect.

markpowell

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 10:40:39 pm »
They have made the book smaller to make it look full.
It will be half the size but the same thickness, total waste of thime round here.
Mark

Eric Lloyd

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 11:06:17 am »
Serious doubts about YP. I always ask people how they found us, it used to be YP but nowadays its internet or recommendations/saw the van etc. I took up this 0845 offer they are doing, where you put three different numbers for different towns and they all get diverted to your main phone but people think they are calling their local branch. It worked reasonably well the first couple of years, but this time complete w.o.t. Yell do analytics for you and the last one I got showed 15 (fifteen!) calls of which 7 were unanswered. Couldn't puzzle this out as I am usually waiting for the phone to ring. Then the penny dropped - those 7 calls were ME ringing myself to see if the numbers were still working, and not picking up when it rang!

richy27

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 03:57:27 pm »
they have made it smaller so it can fit in the peddle bin easier lol