jeff1

ecover Truck Wash
« on: July 23, 2008, 04:36:13 pm »
As some members may be aware, when I clean conservatories and guttering, I use ecover truck wash, it not only does an excellent Job, but I find it helps as a selling point to my customers by telling them its an echo friendly product, its safe on plants (hanging baskets when doing guttering is a classic) its also safe if it gets into the garden pond and if animals are around.

The place I get my ecover truck wash from was reluctant at first to supply to window cleaners, during a meeting with the Sales and Marketing Manager today, I explained that widow cleaners are running a business so can be classed as trade, the reason they were first reluctant is the ecover manufacturers do not supply truck wash to the general public only the trade.

Now convinced that window cleaners are running a company, they have agreed and are happy to supply us with ecover truck wash if you so wish.

I personally recommend it to anyone who cleans any type of pvcu I have also cleaned a few caravans with this product, this is why I spent time with the manager today, so if anyone wishes to purchase ecover truck wash, here are the details of the supplier, I promise you won't be able to get this product any where else in the UK.
you can go to Tesco's etc and buy ecover products but not ecover truck wash.

I have removed the contact details as Alex has kindly offered to stock it for us, so we can all deal with someone we all know and trust it will also be easier for everyone.

Thank you alex.

Alex Gardiner

Re: ecover Truck Wash
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 04:38:24 pm »
You have worked hard on this one. I'm sure many will be grateful for your efforts. It's got to be better than splashing noxious chemicals around.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 04:48:13 pm »
I have Alex, I have done my own testing of the product on all types of pvc, cladding and caravans, I have also tried it on metal cladding and it worked a treat.

Its taken me months to convince them that we are companies and not a beer bunch brigade, I'm not making any money from sales generated, I was just pleased to find a product that is not only user friendly but with more and more customers becoming echo freindly, its become a good selling point, I even now tell them on my web-site.

It might be easier on members alex if you was to supply it? If you are interested let me know and I'll contact the Sales Manager for you and see if I can strike up a deal for you.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 05:02:28 pm »
You have mail.

poleman

RO-Sheen

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 05:13:22 pm »
Thanks Jeff for your hard work.
A few questions.............

How much is it? and how does it compare to non caustic TFR. ie does it shift the dirt easier or the same?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 05:33:54 pm »
You have mail.
Replied Alex.

www.ecover.com/xp/en/Products+Techno+Green/Specialities/E_TruckWash.htm
That's the one poleman, as you can see you can only get it from suppliers and not supermarkets etc.

Thanks Jeff for your hard work.
A few questions.............

How much is it? and how does it compare to non caustic TFR. ie does it shift the dirt easier or the same?
The price I don't know about, I had a couple of free gallons and only because I'm friendly with the sales Manager.

Ok, on jobs I have used it on, its been an excellent product, green conservatory roofs became a doddle and as yet I have not had to give any a second application, on guttering only on one occasion did I have to apply a second application, this guttering Job had not been done in over 20 years and dirt had become almost ground in, the first application did do an exceptable Job but me being picky could see the odd stain, so I applied a second application, left it 10 minutes and washed again, I was then really happy with the results.
Tin Cladding including caravans, black run marks were removed with ease.

To be honest with anyone, I don't want to spend ages scrubbing at a Job, I want to get the Job done to everyone's satisfaction get my money then Go onto the next one, ecover has enabled me to do this.
I do a large amount of this type of work and come September my daughter is taking over the window side of my business and I'm concentrating on conservatories and guttering, I'm more than happy I have a product that will enable me to do a professional Job.

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 06:06:25 pm »
Hi jeff,

does this stuff come diluted or is it concentrated i think tfr does a great job but i agree with you i think it sounds better if you are useing an eco friendly detergent have you compared the two tfr and ecover truck wash.

paul

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 06:18:46 pm »
Hi Paul
It comes concentrated and you have to dilute it.

I have tried tfr and out of them both I would go for the ecover, Like I said I don't like spending ages scrubbing and the words echo friendly customers seem to like.

I had a custy come running out in panic saying I would ruin her hanging baskets with my detergent, when I explained and showed her the container she was over the moon, left her hanging baskets in place and even got me another guttering Job.

I have to pop out now to see the Sales Manager at his home, so any more questions I'll answer later on.

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 06:20:28 pm »
ok thanks for the info jeff, will it be ok to mention you if there is a problem in ordering any.

paul

jaykie

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 06:27:40 pm »
This has come a little late for me as ive got a gutter, fascia and soffits job tomorrow which in parts is just black and one of the down pipes is pure green, im using non-caustic tfr on it but hes got a pond about 15 foot from house, will this harm the fish.

Chris

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 08:24:00 pm »
ok thanks for the info jeff, will it be ok to mention you if there is a problem in ordering any.

paul

If your not in any rush Paul, the supplier will be making contact with Alex whom I'm hoping will become a supplier of it, this will make it easier for us all to obtain.
I had a meeting at the Managers House tonight and he will be happy to supply Alex with it.
No Problem in mentioning my name, Just say Jeff the w/c ;D

This has come a little late for me as ive got a gutter, fascia and soffits job tomorrow which in parts is just black and one of the down pipes is pure green, im using non-caustic tfr on it but hes got a pond about 15 foot from house, will this harm the fish.

Chris
I don't know if tfr will harm any fish, Just take care when applying the tfr and you should be safe.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 09:06:32 pm »
How come you can buy eCover everywhere, but not truck wash? Is it just sold to 'companies' and not invidiuals?

I'm confused.

p1w1

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 09:09:41 pm »
Thanks for your help Jeff did you find out how much it is.

Paul

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 10:02:59 pm »
Jeff does this stuff generally work by being applied from a sprayer and then given a few minutes soak is then rinsed off taking the grime with it?

Matt

ftp

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 10:27:19 pm »

Chris

If they are Koi Carp and you poison them you will have a heafty bill!  :-[

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 10:41:03 pm »
How come you can buy eCover everywhere, but not truck wash? Is it just sold to 'companies' and not invidiuals?

I'm confused.
I'm led to beleive that truckwash is only available to the trade, this is why you won't see it in your local supermarkets.

Thanks for your help Jeff did you find out how much it is.

Paul
No I haven't because I'm hoping Alex will become a supplier and because he will bulk buy, his price will be different than mine or yours just buying just a gallon at a time.

Jeff does this stuff generally work by being applied from a sprayer and then given a few minutes soak is then rinsed off taking the grime with it?

Matt
The very first conservatory roof I used it on, wasn't a real dirty one, I sprayed it on with one of those little hand pump things from B&Q and I watched as the dirt started to roll down with it, I tend to spray the entire roof with ecover, I have my pole connected to custys tap give it a brush down using there water and only on a glass roof will I finish with pure water for a rinse.

I picked up a guttering Job yesterday and the guttering looked like black plastic on first inspection but on further inspection, it turns out to be grey, when I do this Job, I will use ecover and get before and after pic's.

This customer was concerned because they have chickens/ducks in there garden, once they found out it was echo friendly detergent they were more than happy to give me the Job, as these customers grow all there own veg have chickens and ducks and live a lot of the land.

Ravensford

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 03:23:47 pm »
Is it suitable for use of glass or just plastics?

Does it do the same job as TFR?

I clean some windows that have really stubborn sap from overhanging trees - will it remove it?

How is it best applied at high level?

Thanks in advance - Dave

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 07:11:27 pm »

I clean some windows that have really stubborn sap from overhanging trees - will it remove it?

Thanks in advance - Dave

I never used it on glass but it won't do any harm to try it, I removed BBQ fat from a PVCu window sill with ease.
Yes to the second question.
Depending on what Job I'm doing
1. For guttering I use my gutter lance or I could use the method below.
2. For Conservatories I use a pressure can I bought from B&Q, (the type for your roses etc ) I extended the tubing from it and stuck the nozzle end onto one of my poles, Just so I don't have to climb ladders any more.
I did add some pictures a few weeks ago on the way I did the conservatory roofs using the pressure barrel.

matt

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 07:21:26 pm »
jeff did you get it local to you ? ? ? ? as i could pop in a buy some to try

jeff1

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 08:08:43 pm »
jeff did you get it local to you ? ? ? ? as i could pop in a buy some to try
No Matt
I got it from one of my custy's at Sparkford, if your ever around my area pop in and I'll let you have a pint of the stuff.

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 08:43:49 pm »
You got mail Jeff

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 08:54:41 pm »

Ravensford

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 09:11:52 am »

Thanks in advance - Dave

I never used it on glass but it won't do any harm to try it, I removed BBQ fat from a PVCu window sill with ease.
Yes to the second question.
Depending on what Job I'm doing
1. For guttering I use my gutter lance or I could use the method below.
2. For Conservatories I use a pressure can I bought from B&Q, (the type for your roses etc ) I extended the tubing from it and stuck the nozzle end onto one of my poles, Just so I don't have to climb ladders any more.
I did add some pictures a few weeks ago on the way I did the conservatory roofs using the pressure barrel.

Jeff

Many Thanks for your help  :)

Dave

Ravensford

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 09:14:22 am »
Alex,

if you become a supplier of this can you let me know?

Thanks,

Dave

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 06:30:31 pm »
Alex,

Thanks,

Dave

Sure Ravensford.  I haven't got an email address for you so if you want to send it to me at alex@agardiner.co.uk I can let you know.

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 06:46:56 pm »
Any idea when this is likely to happen Alex?

Matt

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 06:51:31 pm »
As soon as the supplier has made contact we'll buy a pallet.

jeff1

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 07:51:17 pm »
Just passed on your mobile number to him Alex. ;)

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 11:42:03 pm »
As soon as the supplier has made contact we'll buy a pallet.

Alex, can you take my e-mail and let me know when you have some in please

matt@oakleywindowcleaning.co.uk

thankyou.

Matt

macmac

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 11:59:54 pm »
Sounds like good stuff, thanks for your efforts jeff. ;)

Alex, I'll place an order for some when you get it in. ;)

I like tfr but it always seems to spray back in my face! Mmmm, maybe that explains a few things ::)

Tony

jeff1

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2008, 12:03:47 am »
I have done literally hundreds of gutter cleans and some were bad, but over the next few weeks I have one booked in and its the worst one I have ever seen and I mean its bad.

I want to take before and after shots of it for my web-site.
I'll be using ecover on it, so I'll report back on how the ecover copes with it.

Ravensford

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 08:24:24 am »
Alex,

Thanks,

Dave

Sure Ravensford.  I haven't got an email address for you so if you want to send it to me at alex@agardiner.co.uk I can let you know.

Alex, you have mail!  :)

Alex Gardiner

Re: ecover Truck Wash New
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 09:55:52 am »
All interest duly noted.  We do have stock coming in soon.  :)