TennetClean

Re: Who's got his head screwed on?
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2008, 12:30:59 am »
matt, no offense mate but you seems to think your some kind of a champion of the poor people.  LOL its business not a charity.  encouraging people to go the cobble together route does not help the public image of window cleaners or efp for that matter.

I saw a window cleaner guy the other week who was fannying around with water barrells in a van or something else equally stupid.  Its because of people like that that some customers are reluctant to accept wfp, because idiots cobble stuff together and make it look crap and usually do a rubbish job.

if you arent going to do it properly dont bother IMO
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

macmac

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2008, 12:31:40 am »
How do you know you earn more than me in less hours worked?

speak of the devil
As I said.  Convincing cobble merchants anything is flogging a dead hoss. 

I didn't say i did (or do you struggle with written content)
But how do you know i don't?

tony

TennetClean

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2008, 12:37:29 am »
no i dont struggle with written content macmac, I struggle with people who don't make sense.  I dont know what you earn, and I dont much care.  If you dont think investing in your business is worthwhile thats up to you.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2008, 12:38:00 am »
LOL you will never ever convince the cobble-together merchants that it is worth investing in their business and their image.

Fine with me, thats what separates the men from the boys.

I wouldnt spend £30k outright, that would be a poor cash-flow decision. I'd lease it over 5 years. Also £30k would buy a system and van big enough for a team of three. Unnecessary. Could get a 600 litre hot water system and brand new van for more like £22k which would be a good size for somebody doing domestic on his own with the occasional helper.

Over 5 years the payments for that would be in the region of ...umm....bout £350 a month something like that. No problem at all to earn that back in 2 working days even on domestic. And you have the peace of mind of knowing you have the best kit available and a nice new van. And after 5 years its yours.

Easy decision.

But for some reason lots of people on here still dont consider window cleaning to be a business, they consider it like shoe shining and dont expect to pay nothing out in capital. thats why joe public still has a poor image of window cleaners. (Except me, they think I'm fabulous)
1:after 5 years your more than welcome to your "nice new van". 2:every month you pay out 350 quid more than me in overheads....for what exactly?. 3: the "best kit available"  still breaks down it just costs more to fix. 4: no one thinks your fabulous except you....they just think your their window cleaner

macmac

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2008, 12:39:29 am »
matt, no offense mate but you seems to think your some kind of a champion of the poor people.  LOL its business not a charity.  encouraging people to go the cobble together route does not help the public image of window cleaners or efp for that matter.

I saw a window cleaner guy the other week who was fannying around with water barrells in a van or something else equally stupid.  Its because of people like that that some customers are reluctant to accept wfp, because idiots cobble stuff together and make it look crap and usually do a rubbish job.

if you arent going to do it properly dont bother IMO

This is what ionics say just before "sign here"
Then, when you leave they jump up & down pi**ing with laughter while rubbing their hands chanting "there's one born every minute"
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, off to bed to dream about 20,000Ltr hot systems & 40ft scanias.

Tony

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2008, 12:41:59 am »
whats EFP anyway effluent fed pole perhaps ??? ??? ???
window cleaners or efp

macmac

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2008, 12:42:38 am »
no i dont struggle with written content macmac, I struggle with people who don't make sense.  I dont know what you earn, and I dont much care.  If you dont think investing in your business is worthwhile thats up to you.

I do beleive in investing in my business but only the right, smart investments. ;)

Tony

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2008, 12:51:26 am »
get ready for some serious typing ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2008, 12:52:17 am »
come on get on with it  >:( >:( ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2008, 01:17:50 am »
bump and goodnight......

*foxman

« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2008, 01:36:25 am »
Someone with the £30,000 (roughly) brand new van and say Ionics thermal set up with carbon poles, embroidered uniform, wrapped van and all the gubbings..............
or someone like Dai, for example £300 van i think he said and a £15 pole. Both capable of doing the same domestic work using the same methods. One of the two is pretty obviously going to have a much shorter relaxed working week than the other to take home the same money.

The guy running around in a banger with cheap equipment is probably making as much money as he needs and isn't too bothered, means to an end mentality - nothing wrong with that.

The guy who spent £30000 on a hot wash system and is mainly doing domestic chances are he is not really a clued in business man, more of an ego/vanity trip or plainly mislead by 'promises' from the salesman. Unless of course they see the job as a hobby also and just want all the mod cons as they are 'into it'.

The bigger compaines couldn't care less what system they have as long as its reliable and makes them money. Thats why they all have new vans - not so much to do with image more to do with finances and reliablity, and you wont see them with modified fishing poles, etc and they need tools which wont let them down on the job.

pjulk

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2008, 03:47:06 am »
TennetClean said -
I saw a window cleaner guy the other week who was fannying around with water barrells in a van or something else equally stupid

What wrong with water barrels a lot of window cleaners use water barrels.
Not everyone has the money to get the best so they get what they can afford or maybe they are getting a cheaper or DIY system to see if WFP is for them.

At the end of the day they are still doing exactly the same job as you so who cares.

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2008, 04:17:41 am »
For me, the only area worth spending good money on is the pole itself, the main tool you have to use everyday. The van? if what you have is reliable, does the job then why change? The ro? just a filtering system no point in overspending there. The logo? only needed if your new and it can be done for sixty quid.
 My brother  in law is a builder, always stacked out with work, all his life. Shiney van, leasing etc would not even enter his head. He does however buy decent tools now and again when needed. He has never advertised in his life. I think the whole leasing concept is purely to make money for the big suppliers and is a reflection of the have it now - pay for it tomorrow society we have been brainwashed into. This is only my opinion and the way i see it, so whatever route you go down then fair play to you. After all i could be totally wrong.